Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Warzone is really fun. After a few weeks of doing just OK with some of my friends and tweaking different loadouts and strategies we've finally got an approach we use in quads every match that has us finishing top 10 every time with three first place wins yesterday in just a few hours of playing.

Recons are everything.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Warzone is really fun. After a few weeks of doing just OK with some of my friends and tweaking different loadouts and strategies we've finally got an approach we use in quads every match that has us finishing top 10 every time with three first place wins yesterday in just a few hours of playing.

Recons are everything.
Yeah we discovered that yesterday too. Find out where the rings will be and rack up cash in the process.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Did they reduce the accuracy of almost every gun in the Gulag? Seems like the past 2-3 days I’ve been having big time issues with clearly aiming at the person and somehow missing most of my shots.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Did they reduce the accuracy of almost every gun in the Gulag? Seems like the past 2-3 days I’ve been having big time issues with clearly aiming at the person and somehow missing most of my shots.

I haven't noticed this honestly. I'm strangely far better at the gulag than in the regular warzone gameplay. I'd say I win about 70-80% of gulag matches but only about 40-50% of one on one shootouts in the map.

My strategy is to go down the right side every time, wait a few seconds to see if they come around the corner. Over half the time they do which is ideal for me because I'm already set and spamming the trigger as soon as I see them. When they don't, I throw whatever lethal I have down that side to make sure they're not hiding behind there. Then I check the center and left side as it explodes and generally they're visible from there and I can shoot first.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I haven't noticed this honestly. I'm strangely far better at the gulag than in the regular warzone gameplay. I'd say I win about 70-80% of gulag matches but only about 40-50% of one on one shootouts in the map.

My strategy is to go down the right side every time, wait a few seconds to see if they come around the corner. Over half the time they do which is ideal for me because I'm already set and spamming the trigger as soon as I see them. When they don't, I throw whatever lethal I have down that side to make sure they're not hiding behind there. Then I check the center and left side as it explodes and generally they're visible from there and I can shoot first.
I was solid in the gulag like you were up until this past weekend. No idea why but it just seems like the hit boxes have been altered a bit on certain weapons.

Will have to try your strategy out when playing with the boys tonight

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
War zone is the most I have gamed with my friends in years. I know the quarantine has a lot to do with that, but it is a really fun game. Don’t have to worry about building which is what I dislike most about fortnite. It’s simple and straight forward, which is exactly what my gaming group needs.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
War zone is the most I have gamed with my friends in years. I know the quarantine has a lot to do with that, but it is a really fun game. Don’t have to worry about building which is what I dislike most about fortnite. It’s simple and straight forward, which is exactly what my gaming group needs.

Yeah same here. Mostly due to the quarantine as well. It's a pretty fun team game and winning feels sooooo good.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I was solid in the gulag like you were up until this past weekend. No idea why but it just seems like the hit boxes have been altered a bit on certain weapons.

Will have to try your strategy out when playing with the boys tonight

Haven't noticed this yet but also have only played like once in the past 4 or 5 days.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
IW is inept sometimes.

The after action report in Warzone still doesn't work. Shows other players' stats (!), or stats of yours from a few games before, or random stats from regular multiplayer (wtf?), or the names are missing etc.

And now they put the team scoreboard on the first menu you look at in game instead of having to browse to find it (good!) but despite all the space on that page they make you scroll the list to see the 4th player on your team? Wtf? And the team scoreboard after your team has been eliminated will only show three of four players and you can't scroll hahaha.

I do this kind of work for living and I don't understand how stuff like this makes it out the door.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well the Most Wanted Bounty was just removed after less than two days and replaced with the old Bounty contract. It was too buggy (caused team chat issues, buggered the gulag) lmao!

This game is fun as hell but damn the little things seem complicated.

Reactions: The Note

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Anyone else playing Multi-player still? Ever since the patch I've been sitting in lobbies waiting for a match rather than playing them instead. After every match you get sent back to the main lobby instead of staying in the game lobby you were in that would reload a game in 60 seconds. I swear it takes longer to find a game then the games actually last.

Reactions: HabsTown

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Really got into plunder for the first time last night. That's a pretty fun game mode. Kind of reminds me of the "John Wick" game mode that Fortnite had for a bit

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Anyone else playing Multi-player still? Ever since the patch I've been sitting in lobbies waiting for a match rather than playing them instead. After every match you get sent back to the main lobby instead of staying in the game lobby you were in that would reload a game in 60 seconds. I swear it takes longer to find a game then the games actually last.

Been lots of issues searching for games after the latest patch. I haven't had the problem on PS4 with crossplay enabled but I see it mentioned alot online. Multiplayer and Warzone.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd in a five game streak in quads. We really could have won every single one but ended up in disadvantageous positions with final circle placement in some of the other games.

It's hilarious to me the amount of people playing Warzone with their brains turned off. After my friends signed off I had nothing to do and played a couple of quads games with randoms and they're all spending their time running around opening crates, completely oblivious to all the contracts on the map, even though that legendary gun with the intimidating name that popped out of a crate is going to get smoked 9 times out of 10 by someone who just equipped from a loadout drop with their custom gun, perks and equipment.

My squad's current strategy is to divide into two groups of two and just blitz recons far away from the flight path. We try to find two or three decently close together. Two guys will make a beeline for two separate recons; whoever gets to theirs first activates. The other two deploy their chutes early and "float", waiting to see where the capture point for the recon is. Once that's activated the two floaters drop and capture the first recon. This entire time the second drop guy has been sitting on another recon waiting for the first one to complete to activate. He activates that as soon as the first one is capped then all four players meet at the secure point for the second recon. We usually have two orange circles on the map and enough money for a loadout drop within 3-4 minutes and we're still using our handguns. Once we get the loadout drop the next goal is to get two more easy recons and try to get one or two choppers. At this point the gas has started to move in so I like to grab a recon or two in the no-man's land between the incoming gas and the next circle since most people have started to migrate inwards and those are easy caps. Once that's done we basically know where the final circle is going to be and take a minute to read the map and plan how we want to proceed. If we were able to snag a chopper or two we'll do a fly-by to see if the good structures have been claimed or are still empty. If they're empty, we take them over. If they're claimed we usually just try to grab the high ground and then proceed inwards with the gas. We all have ghost/cold-blooded equipped and try to avoid shooting as much as possible. Our last two wins we didn't even engage anyone until the final circle lol.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 2nd in a five game streak in quads. We really could have won every single one but ended up in disadvantageous positions with final circle placement in some of the other games.

It's hilarious to me the amount of people playing Warzone with their brains turned off. After my friends signed off I had nothing to do and played a couple of quads games with randoms and they're all spending their time running around opening crates, completely oblivious to all the contracts on the map, even though that legendary gun with the intimidating name that popped out of a crate is going to get smoked 9 times out of 10 by someone who just equipped from a loadout drop with their custom gun, perks and equipment.

My squad's current strategy is to divide into two groups of two and just blitz recons far away from the flight path. We try to find two or three decently close together. Two guys will make a beeline for two separate recons; whoever gets to theirs first activates. The other two deploy their chutes early and "float", waiting to see where the capture point for the recon is. Once that's activated the two floaters drop and capture the first recon. This entire time the second drop guy has been sitting on another recon waiting for the first one to complete to activate. He activates that as soon as the first one is capped then all four players meet at the secure point for the second recon. We usually have two orange circles on the map and enough money for a loadout drop within 3-4 minutes and we're still using our handguns. Once we get the loadout drop the next goal is to get two more easy recons and try to get one or two choppers. At this point the gas has started to move in so I like to grab a recon or two in the no-man's land between the incoming gas and the next circle since most people have started to migrate inwards and those are easy caps. Once that's done we basically know where the final circle is going to be and take a minute to read the map and plan how we want to proceed. If we were able to snag a chopper or two we'll do a fly-by to see if the good structures have been claimed or are still empty. If they're empty, we take them over. If they're claimed we usually just try to grab the high ground and then proceed inwards with the gas. We all have ghost/cold-blooded equipped and try to avoid shooting as much as possible. Our last two wins we didn't even engage anyone until the final circle lol.

So you're playing running simulator and/or hide and seek. Sounds incredibly boring. You'll get bored of that strategy at some point I'd think. Winning in those games modes becomes boring after you've done it a few times and it becomes more about the action. I've played enough BR games where that has happened and didn't find Warzone particularly enjoyable so I've stopped playing it completely. Maybe I'm not the target audience though.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Everyone is doing the grab as many recons as you can strategy. Every game last night had at least one team doing it. Won't be surprised to see the recons nerfed at some point to where you can only grab a few per game

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Everyone is doing the grab as many recons as you can strategy. Every game last night had at least one team doing it. Won't be surprised to see the recons nerfed at some point to where you can only grab a few per game

I think the way to nerf them would be to reduce or even completely remove the monetary award, maybe after you get one or two. Scavengers and bounties should be the real moneymaking contracts. Not being able to hit $10k as a squad after two recons would force people to mix in a scavenger or spend more time looting. It's definitely getting more popular but my group landed in quarry today where there were 6 recons and did all 6 in a row without running into one other squad. Easiest win we've had so far.

Helicopters are being removed. I don't know what the problem was with them, they seem to basically be death traps to me.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think the way to nerf them would be to reduce or even completely remove the monetary award, maybe after you get one or two. Scavengers and bounties should be the real moneymaking contracts. Not being able to hit $10k as a squad after two recons would force people to mix in a scavenger or spend more time looting. It's definitely getting more popular but my group landed in quarry today where there were 6 recons and did all 6 in a row without running into one other squad. Easiest win we've had so far.

Helicopters are being removed. I don't know what the problem was with them, they seem to basically be death traps to me.
Helicopters were removed due to a glitch from what I read online last night. Apparently they were being used to get under the map

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Helicopters are back.

I've gotten a huge spike in difficulty lately. Getting placed into really good lobbies now. Tons of buy crate camping, loadout box camping, squads taking easily defendable buildings in the inner circles very early. Still having fun though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can't you just RPG away all the helicopters? My buddies and I never use vehicles. Basically just lets everyone know exactly where you are.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I figure I would ask you all here. I am combining 3 different friend groups/teams into one large group for a ground wars game. Will be around 9 of us. Does ground wars allow for large parties and if so, is it possible for everyone to talk to eachother ingame?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I think it's supposed to work with 9 but split you into groups of 4 with working comms but it's broken and it's never been fixed, so four max. But I could be wrong.

Working parties have not been a strong suit in this game. Cross-platform has buggered it up. Friends are online but are showing as offline, comms randomly won't work, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad