Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I read that the stat resetting isn't going to stay. The new slots were resetting is something I read about, didn't know the other stuff.

The problem with them claiming they will fix the stats is that whenever they do get around to it, it will delete whatever stats you accumulated since they got reset lol. Personally, I don't even look at the stats, but lots of people do.

The infinite update loop is a bad one. When I get home tonight and try to play, if it starts the 72 gig download again I'm just gonna uninstall (again - I tried that to fix the loop) and keep it uninstalled until there is a fix.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Some good changes.

Sadly I haven't played much in the last two weeks because the 12 or 15 people on my friends list that always play COD gave up on the game shortly after Christmas. :( Hopefully Season 2 (and the potential for Battle Royale) will bring them back.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm still holding out for broken lobbies being fixed. Unless I missed it and its already fixed?

Edit: I didn't even unlock the Ram 7 from season 1. Just no desire to play.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not liking the season 2 playlists at all. Played Rust on headquarters. My team absolutely dominated the other team because the other side wasn't playing the objective at all, they just took control of the high ground in the middle and racked up millions of kills. So, we won the match by a large margin but it was just miserable to play.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This is easily the most I've played since ww2, but at the same time I've hardly played since around mid December. I feel like there's not enough to do in the game and the objectives I find really not worth doing. I'm going to play more once my update finishes downloading

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
The updates on ps4 are a complete pain in the ass.

Shipment Domination or Headquarters is my favorite mode

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
F2P on all systems.

Modern Warfare owners:
15-22GB download (depending on system)

New Players:
80- 100GB download (depending on system)

I'm a little worried about the more urban setting than say Blackout which was more varied with hills, small town setups, rivers etc but we'll see. Just afraid this will be a campfest ala Groundwar.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This BR looks like a winner to me. I can’t wait to try it out.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Tried it out last night. I honestly liked it more than I assumed I would. I'd be very surprised if I played it as much as I did Blackout, but the potential is there. I think this could be a very good game if BR is your thing. The map seems epic in scale and once you're on the ground it seems more varied than I originally feared (I thought it was "too urban" from the leaks).

- TTK seemed good. Not too quick, not too slow. Obviously armour is key
- very polished looking with alot more (borrowed from other BRs) features that Blackout did not have
- map performance seemed OK on PS4 (you could see the FPS drop in certain areas though)
- Scorestreaks weren't overused (at least not yet)
- Being able to get back into the action after dying is a great idea and helps with the teammates just quitting after death (some caveats to this IMO below)
- friendly fire is OFF which is good
- didn't notice any lag issues
- looting is easy. I turned on "Contextual Tap" in the settings so I didn't need to hold down a button to do certain things
- gunfights snaking around buildings and in and out of them was alot fun

Dislikes/Things I Noticed:
- dropping into the map seemed...sluggish. May need some tweaks to the physics here
- need more gun variety when looting
- I'm not sure I'm crazy about drops that have your pre-configured load outs...this seems like it could be really annoyingly unfair once everyone settles into the game
- Gulag is interesting, but DEAR GOD get rid of the punching you can do as a spectator
- you can get back into the game via Gulag (once max I believe) AND buy back from a teammate at a Buy Station PLUS you can buy a self-revive kit at a Buy Station. This seems like alot. Make the teammate buy back cost more at least
- not being able to drop a weapon seems silly
- downing a player, then having your teammate (or enemy, or gas) finish him doesn't count as a kill for you. Majorly stupid decision. I expect this to be changed
- the gas moves kind of slow IMO...wouldn't be surprised to see this change
- matchmaking was bad. People kept leaving the lobbies because the game wasn't starting because there aren't enough people in the lobby...so basically an endless cycle. I played for two hours and got five games in. Combination of the games being long and matchmaking struggling
- there doesn't appear to be an after action report

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I agree that there are too many ways to bring a teammate back, but I'm happy you're able to return without the assistance of a teammate. The Gulag is a cool idea.

I only played a couple games, but I liked the pregame lobby where everyone was killing each other. I like that you have something to do other than just run around the map. Practicing with the weapons and stuff was fun. I miss that in PUBG.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I liked it more than I thought I would. Really don't like that you can shoot people while dropping in initially. Seems like a bad idea. Getting your friends back in the game is fun but there might be too many ways to do it (I guess that's the point) but it makes people more reckless. The gun variety wasn't good when looting places, so at a certain point it doesn't make sense to keep looting.

Overall I'd rate it a 7/10 but I could be because I just don't care about BRs much anymore.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Loved Blackout and Warzone is a pretty big upgrade on that, IMO. Like the little details, like the little video at the end when our squad won and listing all the deceased (though it became annoying a few times finishing 2nd and not getting our final stats).

Haven't played the main game modes since Warzone launched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad