Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers 2/24/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Flames fans complaining about the breakaways that we stopped, calling them "illegal". I thought they were good plays.

Every fanbase will have a few that cry about calls or non-calls. Refs let a lot of things go tonight so it's expected. It would be the same here if the roles were reversed.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There wasn't much penalty worthy in the game. Kreider got away with tripping Russell. It was pretty similar to Monahan's trip of Zuccarello--only this was in Calgary's defensive end. I think there was a high stick against a Rangers player that didn't get called.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
There wasn't much penalty worthy in the game. Kreider got away with tripping Russell. It was pretty similar to Monahan's trip of Zuccarello--only this was in Calgary's defensive end. I think there was a high stick against a Rangers player that didn't get called.

I was waiting to hear a whistle on that one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ugly game but lots of positives here too. I thought Calgary played afraid of us and really parked the bus. We found a way to break them down finally, and kept them off the scoresheet. Not exactly beautiful, but that's a winning formula. I thought McDonagh was absurdly good tonight, jumping in and recovering before Calgary could catch him. Hayes continues to be legendary. Sometimes when you need a break down a team that's turtling a star player has ot make a star play, that was Brassard. He's legit.

I'm more pleased with this than I was with our recent 4+ for both teams wins. Maybe it's the soccer fan in me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ugly game but lots of positives here too. I thought Calgary played afraid of us and really parked the bus. We found a way to break them down finally, and kept them off the scoresheet. Not exactly beautiful, but that's a winning formula. I thought McDonagh was absurdly good tonight, jumping in and recovering before Calgary could catch him. Hayes continues to be legendary. Sometimes when you need a break down a team that's turtling a star player has ot make a star play, that was Brassard. He's legit.

I'm more pleased with this than I was with our recent 4+ for both teams wins. Maybe it's the soccer fan in me.

More pleased with the Isles win because they're a better team plus it was in their barn and we came back from 2 goals down 3 times, including the 3rd period in regulation. But outside of that I agree. It's nice that this team can win like that now but Talbot not being able to stop a beach ball and the D being mediocre was getting old.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
True. :laugh:

---

i.e. you can compliment Talbot without starting a diatribe about whether or not he will/can be a starter in his career, or how important Lundqvist is to the team.

Highlights of the game:

- Kevin "David Thornton Schwimmer Light" Hayes
- Lindy had his first creepy Al interview.
- Glass took a decent shot
- I don't need to take melatonin tonight, thanks Calgary.

Cal Clutterbuck already has the David Schwimmer look alike award locked up.

Clutterbuck_Cal_L.jpg

david_schwimmera_a_p.jpg

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have reassigned Oscar Lindberg to the @WolfPackAHL.”

Lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
AV says Nash slept wrong. Step away from the ledge guys.

Lindberg going down tomorrow.

Thank you. Good to hear. Will step away from the ledge now :)

I know many thought this may have been a boring game but this team did what they had to do to win!
Playing a desperate, good young hockey team. Missing our two best players.
I thought we had the better of play and deserved to win... Oh and let the haters keep hating :yo:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We're better than last year. And if we had a better 4th line we would be the favorites to win the cup.

No doubt whatsoever i agree. Either AV will have to swallow his pride and sit Glass in favor of Fast when the playoffs start or we will have to hold our collective breaths every time the 4th line is on the ice.
I would love a Winnick type on the 4th line. There has to be someone out there we can add to the 4th line without giving up more than a 3rd round pick.
Vermette is gonna cost a kings ransom. Not interested in giving up a lot of youth and future for him

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He was working out with bags of pucks from his GOALS and he was lifting them with his neck.

I don't know why, but this reminded me of the 24/7 the Rangers were part of in 11-12. When Gaborik put the Christmas tree on his shoulder and walked off down the street, I thought "oh my god, should he really be doing that? What if he hurts his shoulder?"

And then, of course, Gaborik had a shoulder injury during the playoffs. I know they have nothing to do with each other, but I blame us missing the Finals on his buying that tree.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
“@NYRangers: OFFICIAL: #NYR have reassigned Oscar Lindberg to the @WolfPackAHL.â€

Lol

Wow lol. I thought he played a solid game and did not look out of place at all. I guess its good news cause that means Nash or Fast are back for the next game...Or hopefully both?

Vidic15*

He was working out with bags of pucks from his GOALS and he was lifting them with his neck.

If this is baby related, Rick's wife needs to pick up the slack. He's a possible Hart trophy finalist.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
At around 2:15 left in the 3rd Miller has a great shift defensively staying with his man in his own end. Great positioning and physical work

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Miller is playing absolutely stellar... I'm SO excited for him.

Hayes is a super star in the making

Lindberg looked alright. had a shot on goal, didn't notice him otherwise.

That shift where Hagelin played in Glass' position.... holy hell, that was awesome to see. It's funny what happens when you put 3 competent players on one line

AV needs to wake up about Glass. He's absolutely ****ing terrible in the offensive zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad