Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers 2/24/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lindberg was a bit of a disappointment to me... The way some people on here talk about him ud think he'd come out and amaze

Really? I thought everyone knew to expect "vanilla" hockey from him. Never expected him to amaze anyone.

Vidic15*

Don't know how many people saw the graphic during the game but we have the best record in the league since December 8th

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Please don't make this thread a back-and-forth about Cam Talbot, everyone pined to have individual player discussion threads back, so go use them.

That game was so incredibly boring, there's almost nothing else to talk about.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Isles don't play tomorrow or Thursday so if we win that night we will be tied for 1st.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Rangers have the best goal differential in the NHL and played a significant of time of the season without Stepan, Mcdonagh, Boyle and now Lundqvist at times.

Vidic15*

AV says Nash slept wrong. Step away from the ledge guys.

Lindberg going down tomorrow.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just leapfrogged Tampa for 3rd in the East.

Tied in points with 3 games in hand on Tampa. Still two points behind the Isles with 3 games in hand.

Rangers have a difficult stretch in March where they play a lot of the leagues best teams. I hope they can keep up their pace but that's going to be tough. Getting home ice at least for the first round would be very good for us--if we can get it for more than one round that would be great.

To me a few of the better teams in the East that were very strong in the first two thirds of the season have slackened--Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and the Isles. Detroit and Washington who were as torrid as we were for a long stretch have also slackened a little. Montreal's been the one team defying all that--they've been going strong with very little letup the entire season.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Hayes is a young stud in the making.

The team playing this well offensively (with hopefully more defensive efforts like tonight) and a healthy Hank will be a behemoth in the playoffs.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
If 1st in the East gets us a showdown with the Bruins in round one then I'll gladly settle for 2nd.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That game was so incredibly boring, there's almost nothing else to talk about.
True. :laugh:

---

i.e. you can compliment Talbot without starting a diatribe about whether or not he will/can be a starter in his career, or how important Lundqvist is to the team.

Highlights of the game:

- Kevin "David Thornton Schwimmer Light" Hayes
- Lindy had his first creepy Al interview.
- Glass took a decent shot
- I don't need to take melatonin tonight, thanks Calgary.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers learned a lot about winning last year. To me AV may be the best coach we've had going back at least as far as Emile Francis. He's stuck with his system and got the players to buy into it last year after that horrible start. He sticks with his players. Keeping as many of these guys together as you can is a good thing--they play for each other and they trust each other. Sometimes it's better to go with guys who trust each other even if some of them could be replaced by other guys who are a little more talented but you're not sure how they'll fit in.

Anyway enough of that rant.

Still say Hayes should have been first on our prospect list. He's the real deal. Love his size--the way he uses it--his strength on the puck--his patience and creativity with the puck. He's good defensively. He's competitive. He's got a decent chance at getting to 40 points this year--might even get more than that.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm fine with just upgrading at the 4th line LW, but IF Sather is set on getting Vermette or something, Hayes looked really good on the wing...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I thought we played well today, some bad coverage though... Cam was nice. Oscar played a good solid game. No need to be flashy. Just get it done.

Good to hear Nash slept wrong. It isn't good, but better than other scenarios. Am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad