Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers 2/24/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
gotta love how MSL took that hit (clearly a penalty) in the neutral zone to make the play to get the puck deep..

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Good bounce back by Talbot.

Cam supporters can't say anything about the defense tonight. Masterful performance by the D. Probably the easiest game either Talbot/Skapski faced since Lundqvist fell to injury.

Still, can't fault him for stopping generally easy shots. It's a good game. He didn't let up 3+ goals again. I'm happy with that.

This was a defensive showcase between Calgary/Rangers. Looked like a playoff game. Great effort by both teams. Ramo was amazing. Deserved better than 3rd star.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I want to keep Oscar Lindberg up a little longer. He was solid tonight. Big hit, had a few chances, solid positionally

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Good bounce back by Talbot.

Cam supporters can't say anything about the defense tonight. Masterful performance by the D. Probably the easiest game either Talbot/Skapski faced since Lundqvist fell to injury.

Still, can't fault him for stopping generally easy shots. It's a good game. He didn't let up 3+ goals again. I'm happy with that.

This was a defensive showcase between Calgary/Rangers. Looked like a playoff game. Great effort by both teams. Ramo was amazing. Deserved better than 3rd star.

1 goal for support isn't so easy.. and Talbot made some great saves.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The only thing I really didn't like about tonight was Nash having 'neck spasms' thing. Neck problems sometimes means concussions.

Anyway Talbot had to be good and he was. The Rangers did a good job of really limiting Calgary's chances--even with all their D coming forward to pressure the defense. A good defensive game by everyone on the Rangers.

Hayes with his first ever NHL game winner. Brassard with a great play on that. I thought Lindberg looked good. Miller with his first NHL fight.

We've hit 80 points with 23 games to go. We beat a desperate team that badly needed the points. This is a very good win.

MillerTime79

Jun 28, 2007
Please, please, PLEASE keep Lindberg in for Glass when Nash comes back. I'm begging you AV. PLLEEEASEEEEE

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Hayes was 1st star for me. One of his best games as a pro. Talbot was solid end to end, though he still likes a few of his fat rebounds.

Our Dmen were sloppy early on but really came together in the 3rd period. McDonagh and Girardi gave their best performances in a while.

I noticed that Girardi and Klein switched pairings in the last couple of minutes. Was that a coaching decision or just caused by a failure to change?

Lindberg looked good every now and then but didn't get much time in the 3rd. Hopefully he will find another chance soon.

And Miller - please do not break your hand in a fight...

Really happy with the result. I sleep a contented man.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
1 goal for support isn't so easy.. and Talbot made some great saves.

Chances against and defense in front of him won't get much better. Again, you can't complain. Overall, 9.5/10 for the defense tonight. The 21 shots against is indicative of that. There weren't a lot of shots or chances. It's always tough to feel that pressure down 1-0, I agree, but he wasn't in a shooting gallery today.

It's actually refreshing to see him win a game where the Rangers don't score five for him.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Hayes was dominant along the boards tonight. Won every battle and constantly came away with the puck. Reminds me of Boyle's transition to winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad