Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers 2/24/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickers8

KH was the best player on the ice last night, could have had a hat trick

Vickers8

Andrew Gross‏@AGrossRecord
Rangers reached 80 points in 59th game. That's the sixth-fewest games needed in team history to reach 80 points.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
KH was the best player on the ice last night, could have had a hat trick

He has been the best player for quite a while. If he played like this from the beginning of the year I think he could have hit 50 points. Hopefully he continues to play this well and maybe gets to the 50 point mark next year.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Well after a nice a morning of talking smack on Girardi and the Rangers defense yesterday they went out and played one of their best games of the year from top to bottom, so there's that. Boring game though mostly.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Shoutout to Kreider, who I think once again, played a very good game in terms of forechecking and puck possession.

Unfortunately, he continues to miss the net a lot. He should have Marty work on one timers in practice with him.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Well after a nice a morning of talking smack on Girardi and the Rangers defense yesterday they went out and played one of their best games of the year from top to bottom, so there's that. Boring game though mostly.

Blame Calgary for that.

Although with all the high scoring games lately, it's good to know that the Rangers can win a defensive battle too.

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
I REALLY can't wait until Glass is out of the lineup and we can get Fast back. Not that Glass has been absolutely terrible every shift, but damn our 4th line will just be that much better with Fast in there. We're going to need everybody on that line going in the playoffs.

BTW, I never thought I'd be saying that because Fast was someone who I was having MAJOR doubts about. He just didn't come off as quick or tenacious enough in several areas of the game, particularly in the offensive zone. His development has been solid and it's nice to see him be adequate in the defensive zone as well.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I disagree that he wasn't elite during this stretch. With the kind of D coverage by the team in most of these games, Rangers would of lost much more games. He basically carried the team on his back. That's elite in my book.

Tanner Glass's ability to be a good teammate has been elite of late. 7-1-2.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Glass is 7-1-2 in his last 9 games. Elite performance, nothing less, nothing more.

isn't 7-1-2 10 games?

i didnt hate the Glass deal at first, except for Cap hit.

but he's been clueless with the puck, and lazy on our half of the ice.

that lazy back check in 3d period on game-changing goal (was it Dallas?) was unacceptable, would've gotten a younger player benched.
And I believe it happened that way again in another game in the last 10 days...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
isn't 7-1-2 10 games?

that lazy back check in 3d period on game-changing goal (was it Dallas?) was unacceptable, would've gotten a younger player benched.

The 1st lazy backcheck goal you're thinking of is against Nashville, that was the game winning goal.

The 2nd was on the 2nd goal Colorado scored where the player shot, and was even able to get his own rebound because Glass made no real effort to come back on him, to make it 3-2.

Most things he does would get s young player benched. He has a special exception though I guess.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
isn't 7-1-2 10 games?

Follow the breadcrumbs :)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Im too lazy to look but it would be interesting to know our record with and without glass in the lineup.

Found it. He's missed 13 games this season either due to being a healthy scratch or injury:

11/28/14 3-0 W against Philly
11/29/14 5-2 W against Philly
12/01/14 6-3 L against Tampa
12/06/14 3-2 L against Detroit
12/13/14 5-1 W against Vancouver
12/31/14 5-2 W against Florida
1/03/15 6-1 W against Buffalo
1/07/15 4-1 W against Anaheim
1/08/15 4-3 W against LA
1/10/15 3-1 W against San Jose
1/13/15 3-0 L against Islanders
1/18/15 5-2 W against Pitt
1/20/15 3-2 OTW against Ottawa

Overall: 13 GP, 10-3-0

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Seems like every game we come out with such great speed and get a lot of chances to score. Early on the shots are not going in or the goalies have made great saves. But, other teams are stunned by our speed.

Then it seems like the other teams catch up with our speed and the game is more competitive. Thankfully we are so skilled we prevail most the time.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Found it. He's missed 13 games this season either due to being a healthy scratch or injury:

11/28/14 3-0 W against Philly
11/29/14 5-2 W against Philly
12/01/14 6-3 L against Tampa
12/06/14 3-2 L against Detroit
12/13/14 5-1 W against Vancouver
12/31/14 5-2 W against Florida
1/03/15 6-1 W against Buffalo
1/07/15 4-1 W against Anaheim
1/08/15 4-3 W against LA
1/10/15 3-1 W against San Jose
1/13/15 3-0 L against Islanders
1/18/15 5-2 W against Pitt
1/20/15 3-2 OTW against Ottawa

Overall: 13 GP, 10-3-0

Thanks man! Interesting. Most wins were by more than a goal and the loss against tampa and nyi wouldn't have mattered with glass and the game against detroit we blew. We are a much better team without him in the lineup

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Thanks man! Interesting. Most wins were by more than a goal and the loss against tampa and nyi wouldn't have mattered with glass and the game against detroit we blew. We are a much better team without him in the lineup

We swept the big, bad West without our toffnus element. Ya know, the games that require 12 able forwards to be in the lineup?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I don't understand this. Goaltending, especially in a 1-0 game, is a huge part of the game. Isn't the PGT supposed to be where you talk about these things?

PGTs should be for talk about the goaltending only insofar as it concerned this one game. What we have been seeing in recent GDTs and PGTs is back and forth bickering, often sprinkled with personal attacks, questioning whether Cam Talbot is a starter, whether the team can be decent without Henrik Lundqvist, etc., and it's causing users to avoid these threads altogether.

As Aufheben rightly pointed out, everyone went bananas when we tried a new system several months ago to avoid having a separate thread for every single member of the team. Now that we have those, people want to bring back-and-forth, animated discussions about Talbot and Lundqvist into our game threads?

Absolutely not.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Didn't we say not to make our post-game thread about the goaltending?

I don't understand this. Goaltending, especially in a 1-0 game, is a huge part of the game. Isn't the PGT supposed to be where you talk about these things?

You're both right. We should talk at will about how good or not good the goaltending was in the game, but the whole part about "eliteness", taking jabs, and the minutia of Talbots systemic flaws or whatever should be taken elsewhere. I don't get it myself why the hate for cambot. The guy's a great backup and could be a great starter one day. He's gotten the job done, and I don't understand why this is such a newsflash but Hank is not replaceable

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i'll just say it.

Was very happy with the way Cam played. Made the stops he should...made a few he didnt. looked calm, and focused.

Rangers played a good road game. which is weird for a home game, but it felt like a road game type effort by the rangers.

i'll take it.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
PGTs should be for talk about the goaltending only insofar as it concerned this one game. What we have been seeing in recent GDTs and PGTs is back and forth bickering, often sprinkled with personal attacks, questioning whether Cam Talbot is a starter, whether the team can be decent without Henrik Lundqvist, etc., and it's causing users to avoid these threads altogether.

As Aufheben rightly pointed out, everyone went bananas when we tried a new system several months ago to avoid having a separate thread for every single member of the team. Now that we have those, people want to bring back-and-forth, animated discussions about Talbot and Lundqvist into our game threads?

Absolutely not.

Can we have Talbot-Lundqvist thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad