Post-Game Talk: Calgary Flames at New York Rangers 2/24/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
We're better than last year. And if we had a better 4th line we would be the favorites to win the cup.

I have a fantasy where AV is just using Glass in the regular season and it going to ice a real 4th line with Moore, Stemps, and Lindberg/Miller/Fast whoever. We would become so much more deadly right when we need to be.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Being in the garden for a textbook defensive win was great and all, but....

Guys, I was in the same building as Hilary Knight. That's bucket list type thing right there. Wish I caught what section she was in, but I was too busy jaw-dropped at the jumbotron.

It's infinitely harder for me to evaluate a game in person than on tv. I thought everyone was pretty underwhelming, which in itself is a great thing. Talbot didn't face too many scoring chances, it was a fantastic five man unit defensive effort tonight.

Can't believe Hayes chopped off the flow.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I have a fantasy where AV is just using Glass in the regular season and it going to ice a real 4th line with Moore, Stemps, and Lindberg/Miller/Fast whoever. We would become so much more deadly right when we need to be.

It's like wearing weights while you train.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
and I loved Hagelin's game tonight.. He's the 3rd star behind Cam and Hayes for me.

There are very few players who can do what Hags does behind the net with the puck. That sequence of his in the last minute or so was amazing. If he could just figure out more ways to make a decent pass or take a decent shot when he comes back around to the front of the goal...it would literally be game changing.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
MSG broadcast said the Rangers have posted the best record in the league since December 8th?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The only better + differential in the entire league than the New York Rangers are the Predators (+43 to +41) and the Rangers have 2 games in hand.

Marcus AKA Kluivert

Dec 19, 2014
“@NYRangers: #NYR reach the 80-point plateau in 59 games, which is tied for the 6th fewest games it has taken for them to do so in franchise history.â€

As nice as that is its tough to really compare such stats these days with the inflation of points lately due to the shootout. That other stat, however, that I think you posted, about us winning something around 27 of our last 34 games or such? THAT stat shows alot because unless you are an elite time you cant ring of a streak like that, a streak for 10-15 games, sure. But 35? Forgetaboutit.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
i loved this game. Hayes has been awsome the last month. This is what I've ment for a while re trading youth for vets. Hayes played like a 6m player last night, that's what we need to actually win a cup. A few of these kids stepping up and playing OUT OF THEIR MINDS. Just fixing some flaws by adding safe vets improves us a bit but probably not enough. I love Dom Moore, awsome 4th line C. Glass played well and was valuble for us. Boyle played real well.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We won this game because of how we managed the puck. Hunwick is a part of that for sure and deserves some cred too.

Kreider-Step-MSL a is my one negative impression from this game. Feels a bit like Kreids-Step-Nash last season when struggling. Whatever it is, one thing is certain that is that that line as a unit just don't show the right intentions on the ice. That's why I defended Nash a lot last season, because nobody will score a lot in the NHL on a line that don't achieve a number of certain things on the ice. And when I see this line it's he same, you know like wheather they do what they try to do on the ice good or bad they won't be successful anyway because the right intentions isn't there.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Remember when people were talking about tanking for McDavid? Man, that seems like a distant memory.

Hayes, Brassard and McDonagh were the 3 stars this game. Talbot made the saves that are expected of him. Nothing special. Also, Lindberg played a pretty solid game for a rookie. Reminds me of Fast... Very composed, solid on defense and not taking any risks.

Happy with the win!

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
There are very few players who can do what Hags does behind the net with the puck. That sequence of his in the last minute or so was amazing. If he could just figure out more ways to make a decent pass or take a decent shot when he comes back around to the front of the goal...it would literally be game changing.

Yeah - the stop & start move always gets him free. It's great to watch.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
My nieces first game; very pleased they won. Talbot didn't have too many big saves but stopped everything he was supposed to, Glass had a few more "Tanner Glass moments" but got a shot which is nice, Kreider has waken up the last few games, and McD and Zucc had a great game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Missed the game. Happy for Cambot.

Starting to put some distance on Caps and Pens.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Lindberg was a bit of a disappointment to me... The way some people on here talk about him ud think he'd come out and amaze

What did you expect him to do? The way Fast stepped into NHL, I expect Lindberg to step in the that way too. Play D and not be noticed out there much and slowly work his way in as he gains more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad