Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
They do appear to be similar talent but one was drafted 7th OA and the other was 26th OA. I think Juulsen has more mobility though

Fleury is more offensive minded and skates a little faster while Juulsen is more physical and mobile imo. I haven't seen much of Fleury tough so I'd say my opinion might not be accurate either.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not really. He's on pace for 35 points in his first AHL season. Those are interesting numbers for a guy that's also solid defensively.

I'd be curious to know what is considered to be a good stat output for a 20 year old D in his first AHL season.

I also wonder how much TOI he's getting and whether he sees time on the PP, PK and what pairings he's been used in with Laval.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd be curious to know what is considered to be a good stat output for a 20 year old D in his first AHL season.

I also wonder how much TOI he's getting and whether he sees time on the PP, PK and what pairings he's been used in with Laval.
.71 PPG is the best since the lockout... by none other than our PK.

Hes having a similar output to Slava Voynov. Hes in pretty good company.

Hes producing at a similar pace as offensive dynamo Timothy Liljlegren.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
.71 PPG is the best since the lockout... by none other than our PK.

Hes having a similar output to Slava Voynov. Hes in pretty good company.

Hes producing at a similar pace as offensive dynamo Timothy Liljlegren.

That's impressive, thanks for that.

I just hope they don't rush him.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think very highly of this kid, I see him as a young Francois Beauchemin since he can do it all on the ice, he can skate, can hit hard from everywhere, can defend, can join the rush... I doubt he racks up as many points as Beaucher, it all depends of his future use on the PP, but overall I think my comparison is solid here, in style at least... And I doubt Bergevin is as dumb as Gainey was here to let him walk for nothing lol

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's the same guy that said Montreal wouldn't score goals this year, so...

Wasn't aware of that. I guess he must have figured that there was going to be a net goal loss with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk traded away coupled with Tatar's lacklustre performance in Vegas and Domi's low goal seasons.

I've seen stuff published by him before. I thought he was usually reliable but maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
That's the same guy that said Montreal wouldn't score goals this year, so...
It was hard to expect otherwise TBH, Patch and Galch goalscoring abilities gone, replaced by Domi (9) and Tatar (20), we were all expecting a mediocre season... We started strong but it will probably cool down as Domi and Drouin have struggled bad lately...

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Fleury is underrated here. He was easily a 2nd round talent if he had played on any other team than the Kootenay Ice during his draft year. The moment he was traded to Regina the following season, you saw how much better he looked overall and the impact he and Mahura (Ducks) had on that blue-line.

Since he's been in Laval, I'd have to say that I am very impressed with him and how he's learned quickly and become the #1 RD so quickly. I think he will likely pan out as a very good #4-5 if he continues this way, but he had the potential to perhaps go higher.

For him, it is simply a question of learning the pace and positioning. The games I've seen of him, he is becoming more responsible and very implicated in the play. His physicality is a breath of fresh air in Laval, as he can actually destroy someone on the boards and then make an outlet pass right after.

He just needs to get a little faster and stronger. If he were a LD, he'd likely have gotten a call-ups by now IMO.

Could get a call-ups when Benn and/or Schlemko is traded, just for a cup of coffee (2-3 games to not burn an ELC year, as his contract slides for this season if he doesn't reach 10 games with the Habs).

In all, great value for where he was picked and finally a very good boom/bust pick from Timmins (seeing it more and more with guys like Fleury, Mete, Evans, Stapley, Primeau, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad