Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Selling low when you can sell high, its not smart at all. Both weber and Petry havr similar market value right now, but the value on the ice is not even close to being comparable.

Webers value has never been lower.
Petrys value has never been higher.

Weber is going to drive his value up.
Petry is going to level off with no PP time and will drive his value down.

I like the idea of a Petry + Fleury type prospect + Scherbak for Nylander.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'll bet everything I have that the leafs will not be dealing nylander to the habs. Besides, if we are going to pull some blockbuster deal, I'd rather focus on the blueline at this point.

Reactions: 417

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I would like the Habs trying to get Haydn Fleury from the Canes.
Even like Brannstrom, Jake Bean, any young LHD prospects

EDIT: and for the fact that Fleury has been playing on 3rd pairing top 6 and he's been able to put 5 points in 9 games! He has a good chance to be a PMD in the NHL and that is perfect

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

EDIT: and for the fact that Fleury has been playing on 3rd pairing top 6 and he's been able to put 5 points in 9 games! He has a good chance to be a PMD in the NHL and that is perfect

He hasn't been exclusively on the third pairing. He's been on the second pairing for a game or two. And last game, he was on the first pairing with Kulak. The kid has earned that spot.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
He hasn't been exclusively on the third pairing. He's been on the second pairing for a game or two. And last game, he was on the first pairing with Kulak. The kid has earned that spot.
That was mostly cause of pressure moment down 2-1 he was paired first line, those moments he was used for, still stuck with third pair

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That was mostly cause of pressure moment down 2-1 he was paired first line, those moments he was used for, still stuck with third pair

Last game he started and stayed all game on the top pair. And there were other games he played all game on the second pair. Bouchard really likes this kid and has been praising him since training camp. And his usage shows, playing on the top pair and getting PP time.

Reactions: cphabs

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Last game he started and stayed all game on the top pair. And there were other games he played all game on the second pair. Bouchard really likes this kid and has been praising him since training camp. And his usage shows, playing on the top pair and getting PP time.
Past few games I miss saw he's been third pair, but let's see in the next game, it's been like that what I saw, I know I saw him in pressure moments moving up a spot or two

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Brannstrom is one of the best defensive prospect in the world... I don't see how he fits in here.

Reactions: Acadien86

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
How has he looked these last couple of weeks ? Early days but does anyone see top 3D potential ?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Random thing I just noticed, with all the talk about a hypothetical Haydn Fleury trade, I noticed that Fleury and Juulsen had near-identical stats in their D+1 year.

Haydn Fleury - 6G, 22 A, 28 P in 63 GP

Noah Juulsen - 7G, 21 A, 28 P in 63 GP
Silly question, what does D+1 mean?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Random thing I just noticed, with all the talk about a hypothetical Haydn Fleury trade, I noticed that Fleury and Juulsen had near-identical stats in their D+1 year.

Haydn Fleury - 6G, 22 A, 28 P in 63 GP

Noah Juulsen - 7G, 21 A, 28 P in 63 GP

They do appear to be similar talent but one was drafted 7th OA and the other was 26th OA. I think Juulsen has more mobility though

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

A lot of people look at where they are drafted and what round. The key is what they do 12 and 24 months after the draft. Were talking about kids being drafted at 18/19 and what they look like at age 20/21. You start to know a lot about prospects very quick. They are on steep learning curves at that age and sometimes it all comes down to what team they are playing on and who they are playing with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->