C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Surprised one of Don Cherry's ill-fated Ice Dogs teams don't have that record beat.

EDIT: In 1998-1999, they had a record of 4-61-3, and in 2000-2001, they went 3-56-7. Jason Spezza was there for at least part of that last season, before finally being mercy-traded away to Windsor. :help:
:laugh:

Wonder if Ty's going to make the same request if things don't change in Flint.

Windsor's record with Spezza was 11-67-3-2.

In the season before he joined and the rest of his second season (when he was traded 15 games in), Windsors record was 5-106-8.

B R U T A L

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Flint is in the running for worst CHL record of all time albeit they'd have to lose out to "win" that dubious honor. With so much season left that season lets say unlikely.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
It's very sad to see what's happened to my former Plymouth Whalers franchise. The team had a lot of success in Plymouth and was always one of the better-run organizations in the OHL. They have been a tire fire since being sold and relocated to Flint.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
He needs to get traded in order for Flint to continue the rebuild. Get additional picks and let Ty play for a better team. This isn't helping anyone.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He needs to get traded in order for Flint to continue the rebuild. Get additional picks and let Ty play for a better team. This isn't helping anyone.

Flint can barely get anyone to report. They really shouldn't be in the business of stockpiling even more picks for a player who will be back next year.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

They can't keep trading away players. If he was last year of junior eligibility sure.. but he will be back next season. Flint needs to keep the good players (aka their best player) that they have.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Dallas could of drafted likes of ; Farabee,Denisenko,Kaut,Kupari,Lundeström,Veleno...

ISS ranked him 43rd, McKeens Hockey 32nd, Future considerations 30th, Hockeyprospect.com 29th
NHL central scouting 25th, Bob McKenzie 23rd.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Play's for the "Flint Tropics", but isn't even first in Firebirds scoring. Sure, that team sucks, but he has not had a good season, nevertheless.
Couldn't fit team Canada roster, really shouldn't of, but still...

Wasn't special last season, isn't special now, kinda strange pick by the Stars?.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Hard to tell on a bad team like flint, who are at the bottom of the OHL right now. PPG on a terrible team like that is still impressive to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was a top 20 player for me. Kind of hard to evaluate him on that joke of a team. Looked good to me as Canada’s #1 center at the U18’s.

Too early to say right now.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Too early, but I thought the pick was terrible / confusing at the time and I haven't been made to change my opinion.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're right its way too early. Also he was simply awesome at the U18's he is currently in a terrible situation basing anything on that is incredibly narrow minded.

LOL at Veleno if you watched the two of them at the U 18's it wasnt close. I have bookmarked this thread and cant wait to come back to it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
As others have mentioned, we should wait until he gets to a better team, and it definitely is too early

Despite that though may be the best on his team but he screams middle 6 player. He should be a NHLer one day still. I kinda feel he's a safe bet to be one really even if its not a high end one.

Idk, maybe on a better team with more talent he could light it up. He just has that good 3C and good PKer vibe to his game though that could maybe fill in for a top 6 spot or play anywhere you need him to

If we didn't have Heiskanen I would be pissed we passed up on Smith, but personally I wanted Farabee

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
No, we should have either takin Ty Smith or traded down and gained an additional pick. I do think Dellandra will be a good player though. Dallas’s biggest issue is the seem to hyper focus on one player in the first round and they will pick them no matter who is available. Look through our five most recent drafts. The players we take are usually high risk, high reward. However we pass on players like Larkin, Barzal, Connor, Smith, Veleno that are medium risk, high reward.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I’m sure stat watching will give you that impression. His team is one of the worst junior teams of all time. When traded or off this team you’ll see a large improvement.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
True, but still.

Even thou i said, its too early, players who got drafted next are projected to be (already are) far better what Ty.

Dellandrea is better than some kids who made Team Canada. He's not playing on a cream puff team being handled free points that will never translate to anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad