C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Top prospect from the OHL for the 2018 draft. Had 24 points in 57 games with Flint this year.

Brock Otten said:
Dellandrea is a big center who has excelled in a scoring line role for the Firebirds this year. Hyped as one of the top puckhandlers and one on one players in the age group, Dellandrea has actually struggled in that regard because he doesn't yet possess the size/strength to consistently beat defenders. Where he has impressed is everywhere else though. Shows a willingness to fight in front of the net and in the corners and his hands are definitely top notch in close. He's also been a great presence at both ends for such a young player. At this point, I actually think Dellandrea could be the top challenger to Ryan Merkley for top OHL'er for next year's draft (given the NHL's infatuation with big, power centers).

Future Considerations said:
Brings a perfect mix of skill and grit to the ice, Dellandrea has all the tools to be a pro in the very near future. Offensive instincts are off the charts, and he competes at a very high level, sacrificing his body to make a play. Potential top-25 pick in 2018.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=399353

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Top prospect from the OHL for the 2018 draft. Had 24 points in 57 games with Flint this year.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=399353
I know some people in the OHL who love this kid, they think he has a strong chance to emerge as the #1 prospect for 2018. Although to put in perspective, the OHL isn't very strong next year (unless Svechnikov comes and other imports) change it. I do know there are people who love Merkley, but he will be very divisive.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I see he made Canada's Ivan Hlinka team, anyone have any ideas where he's projected to go in the upcoming draft?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I see he made Canada's Ivan Hlinka team, anyone have any ideas where he's projected to go in the upcoming draft?

HockeyProspect have him #23. So somewhere in the first two rounds seems likely at this point.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Very fond of Delladrea. At this point he's around my 22-23 mark but in a slightly weaker OHL class I can really see him shoot up even into the top 10 of the draft by years end, like his play style which is well suited for modern hockey.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
How sheltered was he this year? According to http://prospect-stats.com he played with Moore 38% of the time and Camaano 36% but that only gives a rough idea of his situation.
Season ticket holder here...I can't say that he was "sheltered" at all by either Moore or Caamano. Dellandrea was typically the #2 center, playing behind Moore on the Depth chart. Caamano typically was on the ice with Moore. Dellandrea usually played with Kirwan (when he was healthy) and a few rotating RWs (Durham, Clarke, etc). Most of the 38% and 36%, I would estimate, was on the PP or PK.

He's going to be the #1 C this year...we'll get a pretty good idea of what he's got!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Season ticket holder here...I can't say that he was "sheltered" at all by either Moore or Caamano. Dellandrea was typically the #2 center, playing behind Moore on the Depth chart. Caamano typically was on the ice with Moore. Dellandrea usually played with Kirwan (when he was healthy) and a few rotating RWs (Durham, Clarke, etc). Most of the 38% and 36%, I would estimate, was on the PP or PK.

He's going to be the #1 C this year...we'll get a pretty good idea of what he's got!

Yeah. No way was he on the ice with Moore that much. Not even close. He didn't face the oppositions top defenders much though.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Yeah I'm excited to see what he can do with his skill set and tools at 1C in a weaker league. If he pops off like I'm projecting he'll shoot up the rankings.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
4 goals and 6 points through 5 games so far. Anyone watched him play?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
His pt production has slowed down... think he's more of a 2nd round guy now? If so, I think that could be a pretty nice pick for someone.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Had 2 nice goals to help his terrible Flint team knock of the Soo Greyhounds. 14 points in his last 11 games, if he finishes strong he might go in the late first round.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Had 2 nice goals to help his terrible Flint team knock of the Soo Greyhounds. 14 points in his last 11 games, if he finishes strong he might go in the late first round.
IMO that would be a steal. Guy’s got speed, size, high compete level, good shot, etc. Doesn’t have much to work with in Flint but still producing fine.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Flint absolutely sucks. Dellandrea is a one-man show, but he doesn’t have a lot of skill. He’s relatively average when it comes to NHL skill sets, IMO.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
What type of upside do people see in Dellandrea? Two-way #2C who scores 40-50 points?

Reactions: 99664987

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If he keeps his current level of play up he'll definitely rise into the 1st. Consistency has been my biggest issue with him and he's fixing it so that's a good sign. With his size and skillset I can see him becoming a 50ish point guy at either C or RW. He's a center but if a team needs to move him to the wing he should do well there also.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
With the way he's playing lately I hope he lasts until Montreal's early 2nd round pick. A#2C with size would be great to have

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4