C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he should ask for a trade. He'd excel with a newer team, the London Knights might be a very good fit for him as they have a good record at developing prospects, plus he deserves to get traded to a top-class organization with all the crap he's been through with the Firebirds.

I think the Firebirds need to relocate elsewhere, don't think it's genuinely a bad place for a hockey team, but this isn't the time to have an OHL team there as of their situations and problems.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think he should ask for a trade. He'd excel with a newer team, the London Knights might be a very good fit for him as they have a good record at developing prospects, plus he deserves to get traded to a top-class organization with all the crap he's been through with the Firebirds.

I think the Firebirds need to relocate elsewhere, don't think it's genuinely a bad place for a hockey team, but this isn't the time to have an OHL team there as of their situations and problems.

Flint would be dumb to trade their best player (who's probably back in the OHL next year) to a team in their conference. I'd think there's a better chance he goes to the Eastern Conference (Oshawa, Ottawa?) if he gets moved

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Yeah... This is just such a weird spot. He looked good in camp, seemed to convince a few fans that he wasnt that big of a reach but with the Flint are its just damn hard to knowhow he is progressing. Dont have time to watch flint so I need to go off of stats and reports but by the sounds of it its just all a massive steaming pile of shit.

Hope he gets traded to an other team.

SAM STEVENS

Oct 21, 2018
water issues owner issues team has not won a game... seems every season Flint has something to offer. Even the coach caught on and got out. I hope he does get traded as it must be a total gong show..

Reactions: Stive Morgan

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Can Flint afford to trade him tho? You can't keep trading your best players for picks and 17 year olds.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The team is going to suck, he just has to keep going in every game giving it his best and trying to work on his game. Yeah it sucks being on a losing team, but he’s going to be playing 20 minutes a game being leaned on in the most difficult situations. In the long run it’s going to make him a better player. Maybe next season he will impress in camp and win a spot, he looked good in the preseason.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Reminds me of Jason Spezza's days with the Don Cherry-run Mississauga Ice Dogs...he wanted to get away from that tire fire too, and it ended up working out well for him.

Hopefully Ty can do the same.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Remembering the worst team in CHL history - Sportsnet.ca

Not quite there yet but the Firebirds look like a contender for the record books this year . The 95-96 London Knights had a 3-60-3 season.

Surprised one of Don Cherry's ill-fated Ice Dogs teams don't have that record beat.

EDIT: In 1998-1999, they had a record of 4-61-3, and in 2000-2001, they went 3-56-7. Jason Spezza was there for at least part of that last season, before finally being mercy-traded away to Windsor. :help:
:laugh:

Wonder if Ty's going to make the same request if things don't change in Flint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad