C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While I don't know how much you should read into his raw numbers, I'd be skeptical about drafting kids in CHL organizations that are absolute gong-shows. Unless they are an absolute blue-chip who you can expect to be ready quite quickly, this type of situation would make me pause. This could be a very rough situation for Dellandrea, and Evan Vierling.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
While I don't know how much you should read into his raw numbers, I'd be skeptical about drafting kids in CHL organizations that are absolute gong-shows. Unless they are an absolute blue-chip who you can expect to be ready quite quickly, this type of situation would make me pause. This could be a very rough situation for Dellandrea, and Evan Vierling.
Jesus, someone please get those poor kids some help or get them the hell out of there. Vierling in particular, he could be a top-10 prospect for the 2020 draft.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I am assuming a stronger OHL team or a contending team will make a move for him sometime this season.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
4 games no goals, one assist and -7 after being sent back.
Any updates on his play?
Playing well and not rewarded?
Disappointed to be sent down and playing poorly?
Any update here? That minus 7 really sticks out.

He isnt disappointed in being sent down... the odds of a 13th pick making the roster are like less than 1% the odds of a 13th pick who produced at his rate last year are like < 0.00000001%.

Flint is straight trash and the org as a hole is in a rough spot. Its going to be an really interesting year to see how it all goes but if Flint stays as bad as they have been to start the year then I would love for him to be traded to literally any other OHL team. I didnt like the pick at the time, but after seeing him in camp and reading more about him when on an actual half decent squad I warmed up to it a bit.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Even if ur team is trash, you should still score points and dominate the offensive zone as a top 15 pick. He isnt but it's just 4 games so no big deal.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Even if ur team is trash, you should still score points and dominate the offensive zone as a top 15 pick. He isnt but it's just 4 games so no big deal.
The team has generated literally no offense and the defense is swiss cheese. He's trying his best, and the points will come for sure.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The team has generated literally no offense and the defense is swiss cheese. He's trying his best, and the points will come for sure.
They will but say, by some bad luck, he maintains that pace. We can literally write him off.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
They will but say, by some bad luck, he maintains that pace. We can literally write him off.
But you shouldn't. Unless you watch the games and see what is going on, it's hard to understand. It looks almost like a NHL vs AHL game.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Flint isn’t as bad as the record shows. They’ve had some bad luck with injuries on defence and with their import pick, Jan Jenik, not reporting. The ownership was causing problems 2 years ago but have seemingly been straightened away. The training facilities at their arena are second to none in the OHL.

As others have pointed at, they’ve made some recent acquisitions and will be a lot more competitive going forward. Ty will start putting up the points and will be just fine.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I hope the "flint is bad" thing isnt an excuse for bad play though.

If he has like 15 points by Christmas we cant be saying the same thing.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Let’s also remember here that points isn’t the same as bad play, he can still be doing all the right things, but it’s a team game.

I know, but hes a 13th overall pick. You would have a different standard for him. Unless if you just think he will be a solid depth player in the future. NHL players with top 6 futures usually dominate lower competition.

At a certain point you must produce, no matter the circumstances.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I know, but hes a 13th overall pick. You would have a different standard for him. Unless if you just think he will be a solid depth player in the future. NHL players with top 6 futures usually dominate lower competition.

At a certain point you must produce, no matter the circumstances.

He shouldn't have been a top 15 pick...Stars went off the board again. He will be a good middle 6 guy one day but no Stars fan is expecting him to be some elite dominant talent that is gonna be our future #1C. He will be fine

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He had his first goal last night. 2 points in 6 games now. Flint is 0-6-0 with only 10 goals scored and 38 against.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Excited to reread these posts and laugh in a few years when Dellandrea’s raw talent starts to develop. I love people who write off talent so early, especially in cases like these.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I like Dellandrea as a prospect, even leading up to the draft, in which I thought he would be drafted much higher than expected. He'll be fine, but I do have concerns that his situation in Flint may hinder his development to an extent.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I like Dellandrea as a prospect, even leading up to the draft, in which I thought he would be drafted much higher than expected. He'll be fine, but I do have concerns that his situation in Flint may hinder his development to an extent.
Continuing on the current trend, I think he’s very likely to be dealt at the deadline or even sooner.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
FireBirds season ticket holder...would be shocked if he’s not traded this season st some point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad