C Owen Beck - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2022, 33rd, MTL)

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Had a pretty solid game tonight against London. He was dangerous on the ice even though he only had 1 point. Was aggressive going to the net and backchecking.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I wasn't thrilled by his selection at first.

I went to see videos of 2021-2022 Mississauga games and wasn't very impressed by his fluidity in general (hands, skating stride, etc..).

He looked a little stiff to me and seems like lacking cunningness/deceptiveness. He was looking like a robot who do all the little things a coach love, but don't have much creativity in him.

But at the end of the day, he's a coach's dream. He wins faceoffs, plays a 200' game and is as straightforward as they come.... and he produces offense.

He's comparing himself to Danault and it's a good one

The probability of him making the NHL as a middle-6, 2-way center is good.

He has all the tools to succeed in this role.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I wasn't thrilled by his selection at first.

I went to see videos of 2021-2022 Mississauga games and wasn't very impressed by his fluidity in general (hands, skating stride, etc..).

He looked a little stiff to me and seems like lacking cunningness/deceptiveness. He was looking like a robot who do all the little things a coach love, but don't have much creativity in him.

But at the end of the day, he's a coach's dream. He wins faceoffs, plays a 200' game and is as straightforward as they come.... and he produces offense.

He's comparing himself to Danault and it's a good one

The probability of him making the NHL as a middle-6, 2-way center is good.

He has all the tools to succeed in this role.
His game seems very NHL tailored dosent it

Reactions: samsagat

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
His game seems very NHL tailored dosent it

Exactly.

His floor is very high. The way I see it, there's good probabilities he's gonna make it to the NHL.

Now the question mark is his ceiling.

But he really upgraded his offensive output this season in the OHL.

Very good news...

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Believe he has been traded in the OHL.
The Steelheads just tweeted and posted on social media that he and Del Mastro will be back (not playing but probably in attendance) for their game tonight. Maybe something happened quickly from a trade standpoint.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The Steelheads just tweeted and posted on social media that he and Del Mastro will be back (not playing but probably in attendance) for their game tonight. Maybe something happened quickly from a trade standpoint.
Both have been traded I believe.

Not to the same teams but both are on their way out of Mississauga.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
It is VERY annoying having to listen to people base their entire opinion on stats.
Did I touch a nerve?

For what It’s worth - I watched around 2/3 of last nights game against Kingston where he was mostly invisible, lost most of his face offs, and looked like he was disinterested. But hey, I just based my post on stats.

I’m annoyed of fans of a particular prospect that think making an observation that doesn’t align with their internal biases means their opinion is invalid and they’re a “hater”.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: