C Owen Beck - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2022, 33rd, MTL)

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Did I touch a nerve?

For what It’s worth - I watched around 2/3 of last nights game against Kingston where he was mostly invisible, lost most of his face offs, and looked like he was disinterested. But hey, I just based my post on stats.

I’m annoyed of fans of a particular prospect that think making an observation that doesn’t align with their internal biases means their opinion is invalid and they’re a “hater”.
So he’s played 30 periods and you based a negative comment on watching 2 of them and stats. Looks like you were just trying for a reaction

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
The Pete’s payed an astronomical price for this player. And to see he isn’t preforming offensively is concerning. The Pete’s incompetence continues.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Did I touch a nerve?

For what It’s worth - I watched around 2/3 of last nights game against Kingston where he was mostly invisible, lost most of his face offs, and looked like he was disinterested. But hey, I just based my post on stats.

I’m annoyed of fans of a particular prospect that think making an observation that doesn’t align with their internal biases means their opinion is invalid and they’re a “hater”.

To be fair, I would have arrived at the same conclusion based on your post. It only referenced stats, making it easy to conclude you were basing your opinion off of that.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I’m not concerned at all with recent performance. He’s been bounced around a a lot this past 1-2 months. Let him get used to it. Playoffs will be big but for now it’s of no concern. We know what beck is and what he has the potential to be and one month on a mew team doesn’t change that.

This is where fans need to stop swinging from one side to the other every time based on good or bad performances. It’s a long game and prospects development is not always linear. Just let the kid play without making huge declarations like “I am VERY disappointed”

Reactions: montreal

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
So he’s played 30 periods and you based a negative comment on watching 2 of them and stats. Looks like you were just trying for a reaction
You can try to spin this any way you like. I watched what I watched, looked at his stats since the trade and it reinforced what I saw.

Since being traded to the Pete’s he has been disappointing. The Petes are 4-6 during that span. Beck only has 5 points. The biggest himderence that Beck has caused is the Pete’s broke up a line consisting of Robertson - Avon and Lockhart that was lights out during and after the WJC. Getting Beck they broke up that line and haven‘t seen the same results.
I’m sure it‘ll be fine over time, but to say he has been anything other than disappointing since the trade to the Pete’s, is outright wrong.

To be fair, I would have arrived at the same conclusion based on your post. It only referenced stats, making it easy to conclude you were basing your opinion off of that.
I think that’s fair - and I see that now by rereading it. Appollagies it came away sounding like that.

I usually only provide a few sentances, and thoughts when providing updates for players in these threads.

I’ll be better going forward.

Reactions: Dominance

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
He looks more and more like a really good 3rd liner. Maybe a Danault type of career?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Surprised he didn't get suspended for his head shot vs Denver Barkey that got him kicked outta game 2 of the OHL final...especially since Barkey missed the rest of game 2 and the entire game 3 as a result. OHL doesn't usually hold back with suspensions in such cases.

Reactions: BerthMania

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3