C Owen Beck - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2022, 33rd, MTL)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Twists the knife in my heart, He was so close to be a Devil! I know some Habs fans were high on Seamus Casey so I can only hope they feel the same way as I do after his hot start.:mad:

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Twists the knife in my heart, He was so close to be a Devil! I know some Habs fans were high on Seamus Casey so I can only hope they feel the same way as I do after his hot start.:mad:
Both are fine prospects. I think with the passage of time, the 2022 draft won’t be seen as such a weak draft class as so many pundits predicted.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Ryan O’Reilly…that’s the goal here. Now ROR was a #1 overall draft pick in the OHL and I’d say slightly exceeded Beck as a prospect and was actually on the Avs as a second rounder as an 18 year-old but I see some parallels. Even if Beck is a 90% ROR that’s a damn fine player.
ROR fell because it was perceived that his skating wasn’t good enough for the NHL. Beck is different in the sense that he passed the eye test but just didn’t have 1st round production. If the production comes this year I think it’s safe to say he’s a steal.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
ROR fell because it was perceived that his skating wasn’t good enough for the NHL. Beck is different in the sense that he passed the eye test but just didn’t have 1st round production. If the production comes this year I think it’s safe to say he’s a steal.
Sure, more a comment on the “second rounders who surprised and made the NHL right off the bat” concept. Which - to be fair here, as good as Beck looked in camp and as good as he’s doing now - he didn’t quite do, unlike ROR and Bergeron.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
A complete steal by Montreal as the 1st pick of Day 2.

This guy should have went in the Top 15 easily.
Not sure. He´s a really good pick no doubt about it but is he clearly better than someone like Pickering, Snuggerud, Mesar, Kulich, Lambert... ? Hard to say, 2022 draft looks much more deeper and stronger in the second half of 1st round than for example than 2021 draft. Also 2nd round of 2022 is much more stronger than 2021 in my opinion.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Not sure. He´s a really good pick no doubt about it but is he clearly better than someone like Pickering, Snuggerud, Mesar, Kulich, Lambert... ? Hard to say, 2022 draft looks much more deeper and stronger in the second half of 1st round than for example than 2021 draft. Also 2nd round of 2022 is much more stronger than 2021 in my opinion.
As a Habs fan, i think Beck has a brighter NHL future than Mesar.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
This reminds me of a Habs late 70s pick. What every team needs. Skrudlund McPhee Charboneau type players. I hate Habs hockey

Reactions: majormajor

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
The top 10 was pretty weak, but very deep through 3 rounds.
This draft was hit hard by covid-19 shutdowns. They lost an entire season, making scouting all these players accurately, a logistical nightmare. There will be a bunch of gems littered across the draft rounds. Moreso than usual.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
This draft was hit hard by covid-19 shutdowns. They lost an entire season, making scouting all these players accurately, a logistical nightmare. There will be a bunch of gems littered across the draft rounds. Moreso than usual.
Most definitely.

Beck
Casey
Minten
Sapovaliv

All look pretty good so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00