C Isac Lundestrom - Lulea HF, SHL (2018, 23rd, ANA)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I see a little Sean Couturier in him: Guy that is polished early on in both ends but still has a lot of offensive potential to tap into

Reactions: brakeyawself

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I see a little Sean Couturier in him: Guy that is polished early on in both ends but still has a lot of offensive potential to tap into

I would even suggest Couturier has underperformed up to this point as far as his career. If Lundestrom turned it on earlier I think he could surpass Couturier eventually. I would imagine right now Steel is likely their future 1 or 2 C. I think Lundestrom could eventually be the 2C, 1LW, or 2LW. With Kesler and Getzlaf being the age they are, the timing also seems plausible.

Right now it actually seems like he might start the season with the Ducks. If he performs well, I certainly could see them keeping him. He's considered too advanced for Jr's. And he's actually eligible for the AHL. So I could certainly see him, if nothing else, splitting time between the two teams. That probably is best for him anyway.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Idk when he was drafted I wasn't expecting much offense.. but he is a lot more skilled then people are giving him credit for. Maybe he played a smarter game in sweeden/for sweeden… but he has shown that hes not just a potential 3c.

Other thing is if he does stay with the team(him and steel are pretty neck and neck imo)… the way our team is set up itll be a 2a/2b type thing and hell likely have some pretty solid linemates and played a good chunk of mins.
No, hes good offensively. He just has fewer ways of creating his offense than some.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On this website, every first round pick is considered a future star, so you can't say Ducks fans aren't doing anything that fans of other teams don't do, but I think its way optimistic to think this guy is anything more than a good 3C or bad 2C.

Thats a good outcome for a late first, and Lundestrom is one of the more NHL ready first round picks, but lets not make this guy into a star because he's doing well in NHL preseason. He's not one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
On this website, every first round pick is considered a future star, so you can't say Ducks fans aren't doing anything that fans of other teams don't do, but I think its way optimistic to think this guy is anything more than a good 3C or bad 2C.

Thats a good outcome for a late first, and Lundestrom is one of the more NHL ready first round picks, but lets not make this guy into a star because he's doing well in NHL preseason. He's not one.
No one is callin him a 1c... just sayin he is very solid and very mature for his age.

But why call him a 1c 2c or 3c. He is an 18 year old ... a lot of things can happen over next 5 years

Oct 18, 2011

hmm someone hasn't been following along, since the day he was picked there's been nothing but low expectations, but here we are with an 18 year old possibly making his NHL debut in a week. Meanwhile many prospects take years to ever get a shot at all

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018

He's 18 years old and is already showing good offensive upside at the pro level. Not sure how you can judge a player so quickly.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

You are speaking in absolutes, which tells me that your takes on young prospects are suspect. You may also be a sith lord. At this age you are making what are, at best, educated guesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuG61

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
He's 18 years old and is already showing good offensive upside at the pro level. Not sure how you can judge a player so quickly.
He acts as if development is linear, that if you produce a certain amount in a certain year and aren't drafted at the very top of the draft, you're going to be average.

Reactions: kroypuck

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Why do people have such low expectations for this kid. I don't understand it at all
Ive seen him play a lot in juniors and in the SHL. He just dosnt stand out in any way. Maybe that changes, but I think its wrong of the Ducks having him play in the bottom six IF they want that change. They shouldve sent him back imo

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Oct 18, 2011
Ive seen him play a lot in juniors and in the SHL. He just dosnt stand out in any way. Maybe that changes, but I think its wrong of the Ducks having him play in the bottom six IF they want that change. They shouldve sent him back imo
In all probability he will be back in Sweden at some point this year

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
On a fourth line you would be right, but this team has more than enough forward depth for him to benefit centering a third line, if he's up to it.

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
He was terrible at wjc

Lol as an 18 year old on a loaded team with Pettersson, Andersson, and Nylander. You really gonna project his NHL expectations based off one one tournament he played in as an underager? Sound like another one of Craig Button's puppets.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Sounds like you're thinking of Linus Lindström(who got to center Pettersson & Nylander at the start for some reason), and not Lundeström. Lundeström was ok; neither good nor bad.
And regardless if he didn't play great the WJC, he was arguably Sweden's best player in the summer showcase.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00