C Isac Lundestrom - Lulea HF, SHL (2018, 23rd, ANA)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Que?

Zibanejad's U20 season: 20 points in 42 games in the NHL, 11 in 23 in the AHL.
Lundeström's U20 season: 2 in 15 in the NHL, 6 in 12 in the AHL, 9 in 17 in the SHL.
This almost makes lundestrum's year look even better considering the time frame you are quoting here.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Except nobody looks at it as their u20 season, they go by draft year. And their D+1 years are similar.

In 15 years nobody looks back and says "man look at this crop of u20 players back in 2019", they say "look how loaded this 2018 draft is"
I mean, I'm not even entirely sure what "his U20 season" is referring to, considering the "U" simply means "under", and every season Lundeström has played so far has been a "U20" season. I imagine here it's supposed to only mean "season featuring the final year of U20 WJC eligibility", but that's not exactly intuitive and in my personal opinion it's kind of pointless to introduce (or at least apply) an alternative cut-off date from the draft when talking about draftees. Whatever, though.

Excited to see what Lundeström will show next season. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a 3rd line ceiling on his offensive upside, personally.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Lundestrom has been assigned to San Diego making this his 5th team? This season

Correct me if I’m wrong

Lundeström has already played for San Diego this season (12 regular season games), before he returned to Sweden. So that's 3 teams this season (he also played in the WJCs).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lundeström has already played for San Diego this season (12 regular season games), before he returned to Sweden. So that's 3 teams this season (he also played in the WJCs).
He just played 2 games for his national team as exhibition before WC`s. Reportedly he got a lot of praise from those two games but idk, didn`t watch them.

So basically this is his 5th team but yeah, he already played for them. The map was NHL-AHL-WJC-SHL-NT-AHL for Isac

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Really don’t understand why no one talks about him. He’s played the 8th most NHL games of anyone in his draft and everyone ahead of him gets way more buzz.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Really don’t understand why no one talks about him. He’s played the 8th most NHL games of anyone in his draft and everyone ahead of him gets way more buzz.
Because he doesn't really have a high upside. He will likely have a decent NHL career as a 3rd line C but thats about it.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He's surprised me with his production in Allsvenskan , 11 pts in 12 games. Hopefully he keeps it up and surpasses his bottom 6 projection

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's surprised me with his production in Allsvenskan , 11 pts in 12 games. Hopefully he keeps it up and surpasses his bottom 6 projection
He was a really good player in SHL in his D+1 season:

Therefore I am not that surprised about his production, but I am happy that he scored some goals actually.

His problem is adopting to NA game but I think he just needs some time and this or next year could start becoming something more than a bottom 6 player, hopefully. He just turned 21 but feels like he has been around forever :laugh:

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Hes been great. Surprised there is not much talk about him. Though the Ducks do have tons of good young players so I can understand him getting lost in the hype. Very solid two way center. Not super fast but his acceleration is explosive. Great penalty killer. Also plays with the black hole of offense Silfverberg.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's Philip Danault 2.0.

Love his game and love this player.

Reactions: teddygmr

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
?

he had 2 points in 7 games. he was one of our nhler who we expected to take a leading role and produce points

Being a Luleå fan, having followed the kid for a while and having an idea of what kind of player he is: looking to Isac Lundeström for top scoring in the world championships were positively ridiculous expectations placed on a 21-year old two-way center prospect. He had just scored 9 points in 11 games in Hockeyallsvenskan, he’s supposed to drive Tre Kronor’s offense in the world championships now?

Classical Swedish hyperbolic media narratives: The Swedish NHL super stars are coming! No, not Bäckström, not this time, but let’s place the weight of the team on Mario Kempe and lose our shit when he isn’t scoring a point per game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad