C Isac Lundestrom - Lulea HF, SHL (2018, 23rd, ANA)

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
I think the Backlund comparsion as Lundströms ceiling is quite resonable, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a 35-45 point player with above average defense.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Don't know what the odds are of Lundestrom being available when the Leafs pick but i hope they grab him if he is.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’ve read a couple of interviews during the season where teammates praise his skill during practice as well as speed.
I’m obviously just guessing, but considering the overall defensive, responsible mindset of Luleå as a team. I believe Isac will score a lot more points next year as well as showing us some moves.
During WJC he was assigned with the defensive heavy lifting as well.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Has Lundestrom been mentioned as being on any teams radar?
He's consistently ranked in the bottom half of the 1st but otherwise hardly a peep. Almost eerily quiet.

Potential faller?

spfan

May 4, 2009
Has Lundestrom been mentioned as being on any teams radar?
He's consistently ranked in the bottom half of the 1st but otherwise hardly a peep. Almost eerily quiet.

Potential faller?

He's not particularly skilled offensively, so that's likely why he's not talked about much. A safe player. Almost guaranteed 3C NHL potential. I think he goes pretty much where everyone ranks him. in that 16-24ish range

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Welcome to Anaheim.

I really like what I've seen. Sweden has really treated this team well over the last few years.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He's probably a 30-40 point player per season in the NHL.
I wouldn’t say that. I used to hate on Lundestrom a lot but he has untapped offense imo. He can really skate the puck and create plays, I wouldn’t put an exact guess on how many points I think he’ll get yearly just yet.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn’t say that. I used to hate on Lundestrom a lot but he has untapped offense imo. He can really skate the puck and create plays, I wouldn’t put an exact guess on how many points I think he’ll get yearly just yet.
Watching him/reading about him... he sounds a lot like Rakell when he got drafted... obviously rakell took time to develop and didn't produce offensively till he got on the wing... but I could see lundestrum being a lot better player then his draft position.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don't think he has much skill. Good skater, smart player, can pass the puck, but I don't see significant offensive upside. I'd guess 30-40 point player.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I don't think he has much skill. Good skater, smart player, can pass the puck, but I don't see significant offensive upside. I'd guess 30-40 point player.

Perhaps, but Rakkel was hardly lighting up scoresheets of wowing with skill at Lundestroms age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad