C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don’t understand the comparisons to Mittelstadt. Different types of players, and Mittelstadt isn’t a center. He’s been developed incorrectly by the Sabres.

I think Cozens could’ve played in the NHL this season. Next season should be a certainty.

I agree but the Sabers have now signed Staal and Eakin to play center and RW already has a logjam as well.

That being said competition will help him IMO.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I agree but the Sabers have now signed Staal and Eakin to play center and RW already has a logjam as well.

That being said competition will help him IMO.

My expectations with the lineup particularly where RW is concerned. Krueger has mentioned Cozens will learn on the wing with a veteran center.

Hall - Eichel - Olofsson
Skinner - Staal - Cozens
Girgensons - Eakin - Reinhart

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Staal is only signed for one more year. Him blocking Cozens is not a problem.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
My expectations with the lineup particularly where RW is concerned. Krueger has mentioned Cozens will learn on the wing with a veteran center.

Hall - Eichel - Olofsson
Skinner - Staal - Cozens
Girgensons - Eakin - Reinhart
Is Mittelstadt just totally off the depth chart now?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Don’t see how he doesn’t become at least a middle six forward. He’s athletic man. I like his game a lot
When the Blackhawks got the 3rd pick the 3 guys I was highest on were Dach, Cozens and Zegras. All three look to be really good players. I was never as sold on Byram as most of this board.
You guys probably have a good one, Buffalo. I'd staple Cozens to Eichel's RW as soon as 21-22.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
When the Blackhawks got the 3rd pick the 3 guys I was highest on were Dach, Cozens and Zegras. All three look to be really good players. I was never as sold on Byram as most of this board.
You guys probably have a good one, Buffalo. I'd staple Cozens to Eichel's RW as soon as 21-22.

In 21-22 we are hoping Cozens is ready to be the 2C for 10+ years. Sabres traded for Staal for 2 main reasons...to give Eichel a legit high end 2C to support him and to give Cozens a full season to break in on the wing and not be forced to play as a 2C as a rookie which set back Mittelstadt badly and possibly ruined his development.

Reactions: couture23

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Don’t see how he doesn’t become at least a middle six forward. He’s athletic man. I like his game a lot
Big, strong and fast. I would like to see Cozens improve his stickwork and passing to become a legit 2C. Hope he plays RW along side Eric Staal this season who can provide a ton of experience and mentoring.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think Cozens has better IQ but a guy I think he might end up similar to in impact is Evander Kane. Hes a guy you can play on your first line or third line and hes going to get 30 goals because of his speed and shot. I'm not sure hes the high IQ guy that controls a game with the puck on his stick at the next level but hes an impact player. Kane isnt the best comparison but thats the closest I could think of to what I picture at the next level so dont cling onto that part of my post Sabres fans lol. But Kane is basically a 30 goal guy every year while sometimes leaving you wondering why he didnt make a pass or a different play sometimes.

That being said, I think Cozens has more playmaking ability so he ends up a more well rounded offensive player. With his shot if he ever plays with Eichel he could pot 40

Reactions: jc17

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This guy doesn’t get enough hype because he’s not a flashy forward, but he plays a pro style game.

There’s a really good skill-set here and I think he’ll be an excellent forward for the Sabres for a long time. His physical traits are really high-end. I see some Jeff Carter in him.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sabres have scoring, but could really use Cozens speed and two way ability. I don't know if he is best suited as a C or a wing, though. Solid pick. Hopefully Quinn will provide goals, Cozens everything else.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting to see all the fresh Cozens posting after the Germany debacle. To be clear, I'm not the least bit pessimistic about this player.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Interesting to see all the fresh Cozens posting after the Germany debacle. To be clear, I'm not the least bit pessimistic about this player.

i don’t think anyone said his game was necessarily reflective of the number points he had. Very solid all around game but not something that would usually result in 6 points.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

Funny you say that. I wanted those exact 3 as well - didn't expect Dach to go as high as he did.

But when it came to our pick I said Cozens or Zegras and I don't think even the Sabres could have screwed that up. Both guys have looked exceptional since they've been drafted.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Funny you say that. I wanted those exact 3 as well - didn't expect Dach to go as high as he did.

But when it came to our pick I said Cozens or Zegras and I don't think even the Sabres could have screwed that up. Both guys have looked exceptional since they've been drafted.
Dach has as well.....when it comes down to it, I think the best forward in the 2019 draft will come from that group of three and I think that who you think that guy is will be a matter of opinion.

I do think that Dach and Zegras have a higher upside than Cozens though and they could separate themselves further.

Last edited:
Reactions: couture23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad