C Dylan Cozens - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2019, 7th, BUF)

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
He scored the tieing goal in game 7 of the second round against Med Hat with about two minutes left. He also scored a beauty in game 4 against Regina, he swatted the puck out of mid air for it. Last game he was playing with the Hurricanes best player 20 year old Tyler Wong and hockey wise he's only 15:handclap:.

Reactions: TK 421

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
Did anyone get a scouting report on this kid in the preseason games?

Interested to see what kind of role he'll get this year.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
Did anyone get a scouting report on this kid in the preseason games?

Interested to see what kind of role he'll get this year.

First line winger plays centre occasionally as the Canes have alot of guys that take draws and really mix up the positions. In short if you play for the Canes in the top 6 be ready to possibly play C, LW and RW in any game at any time.

Is completely comfortable and easily the Canes most dynamic player, thinks the game far above the skill level of everyone on the team save for Georgio Estephan.

When he left for the Under 17's the Canes fell apart

Will be a top 3 pick in the 2019 draft easy.

NHL comparison: Bernie Federko

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Had a great start to the year then a slower middle but has exploded with 9 points in the last 3 games since the Barlage trade. Almost up to ppg now with 35 pts in 37 games.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
He won WHL rookie of the year today. Ended the year with 57 GP, 22-31-53 in the regular season and 16 GP, 7-6-13 in the playoffs. He now has 21 playoff points in 28 career games.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Player that impressed me the most vs Swiss at the Hlinka.. 3 zone all situation player , stands out every time he's on the ice

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
I thought he was even better today against the Slovaks. He showed off some individual skill and zone entry abilities. He tried a few wide drives towards the opposing net, galloped from his own side of center a few times to take the puck up the ice, and weaved around with the middle of the offensive zone a few times with the puck on his stick.

He can be a dominant puck-possession player, especially at a height of 6'3''. He has also killed penalties for Team Canada at the Hlinka so far.

Last edited:

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I'll be honest, from the highlights I saw, I didn't really see the top 5 hype. Big guys who who can skate and score are valuable, but I didn't see what separated him from similar guys.

I see it now.

The confidence, IQ, twitchyness of a smaller skill guy. I'm on board.

Reactions: Habs76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad