Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe he wants to make sure he’s on a team that can actually pay him his next 50 million bucks?

:sarcasm:

I kid, I kid.
I know you’re just having fun, but aren’t player contracts guaranteed by the league? I could be wrong, but I think all the owners are on the hook, ultimately, aren’t they?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You don't need a house AND farmland/acreage nearby. That's just weird.

Maybe you do if the acreage doesn't have a house on it yet and you are planning a dream home?... have your wife/self project manage the build from nearby? get your kids settled into the new school so they don't move twice? Sell said modest house when the build is done and risk very little (what's a 10% loss on 400K for a multi-millionaire).

Reactions: Fig

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Looks like an investment property. Not a place to live for a guy with 50 million bucks. Lol.
Only way it makes sense is if he bought this and a separate acreage. He lives in this dive until his couple million dollar mansion is built on the acreage??

Only way I could wrap my head around it.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Maybe you do if the acreage doesn't have a house on it yet and you are planning a dream home?... have your wife/self project manage the build from nearby? get your kids settled into the new school so they don't move twice? Sell said modest house when the build is done and risk very little (what's a 10% loss on 400K for a multi-millionaire).
This would make the most sense imo

Bond

May 10, 2012
I heard OEL actually bought a house just outside of Red Deer so that he can play for both Alberta teams.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

OK fine, this is plausible. Generally I'd assume a player would rent until the place is ready... but having your own temporary place instead kinda makes sense if money is no object.

imma be honest, the only reason I want OEL is so I can then say OELERS

To add to that tongue twister, Lars Ellers seems like a reasonable candidate. OEL, Ellers, OELers.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With Arizona finalizing a contract with a brand-new GM today, and his likely being officially announced tomorrow, I imagine that has pulled the e-break on all Arizona trade discussions. I assume he’ll be brought up to speed tomorrow and Friday. But I can’t imagine we’ll see any moves finalized until sometime next week at the absolute earliest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad