Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Imagine I am a Swedish multi-millionaire and I spend the nice summers in Sweden with my extended family and old friends. That means I am willing to leave the place I work all winter, warm and sunny as it is, the place I just signed with and asked for a NMC with? He has every right to refuse to be traded and there is nothing Arizona can do about it. Are they going to make him load his own hockey gear on the bus and sit next to the crapper?
You aren’t considering how real life works.

Reactions: Seachd

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
You aren’t considering how real life works.
Lol. I understand how legally binding contracts work. There have been numerous examples of players exercising their No Trade Clauses, and No Movement Clauses, without any consequences. Fans sometimes become upset at players under those circumstances, most famously at Mats Sundin, but teammates always seem to respect the sacrosanct nature of contracts.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol. I understand how legally binding contracts work. There have been numerous examples of players exercising their No Trade Clauses, and No Movement Clauses, without any consequences. Fans sometimes become upset at players under those circumstances, most famously at Mats Sundin, but teammates always seem to respect the sacrosanct nature of contracts.

I think he'll waive to play on a team that is not rebuilding and under Tippett again. Players love him as a coach.

Shane Doan Discusses Tippett’s Coaching Style

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I have a real estate friend who says OEL already bought a house in Westlock Alberta about 45 min north of Edmonton. Small Farming Town. Apparently OEL loves the country living.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Which means almost nothing when you don't factor in how humans and life works.
I am human and have lived quite a while. Please enlighten me as to what has become so unbearable that would cause OEL to change his mind. You cannot say “he doesn’t want to be on a losing team” as his actions show that isn’t a factor. Every report I’ve ever read says he loves it in Phoenix. He has financial security and a rock solid contract with the Yotes for the rest of his career. So what am I missing?

Reactions: cobra427
Nov 24, 2006
Imagine I am a Swedish multi-millionaire and I spend the nice summers in Sweden with my extended family and old friends. That means I am willing to leave the place I work all winter, warm and sunny as it is, the place I just signed with and asked for a NMC with? He has every right to refuse to be traded and there is nothing Arizona can do about it. Are they going to make him load his own hockey gear on the bus and sit next to the crapper?
I think you're missing the point. He can reject the trade, but the actual effect of rejecting a trade is different. They may not make him load his own gear, but he may wind up being the captain of a ship that's bleeding assets to save money, he may get used improperly by his coach, or more likely, he simply realizes that ownership / GM / coach doesn't want him there so he picks his spot to land. That's much more likely than him simply saying "no". Not saying he can't, he likely just won't.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I don't think he will veto any trade, if it comes to that.
Saying he is willing to be traded is his way of saying there must be changes made in the organization, from coaching staff and from roster changes, without calling anybody out. That's a very OEL thing to do.
This is a great point.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I have a real estate friend who says OEL already bought a house in Westlock Alberta about 45 min north of Edmonton. Small Farming Town. Apparently OEL loves the country living.

Can we "Westlock" this thread haha. The whole thread seems to be devolving into - "I have a friend who is saying that he also has a friend who is saying..."

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I have a hard time believing anyone in the world would move away from a gated community in Arizona to f***ing Westlock :laugh:

I could see it, I would rather live in the country life of Westlock than in Edmonton.

According to the realtor, its a huge Acreage in Westlock. Used to be a canola wheat farm

Nov 24, 2006
I'm imaging him in a cowboy hat and jeans right now, with a stem of wheat in his mouth, gazing lovingly on his field of grazing cattle. :sarcasm:

90075648-a-man-cowboy-hat-and-a-loso-in-the-field-american-farmer-in-a-f.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I could see it, I would rather live in the country life of Westlock than in Edmonton.

According to the realtor, its a huge Acreage in Westlock. Used to be a canola wheat farm

I don't know anything about OEL in this regards, but Travis Hamonic in Calgary mentioned enjoying the drive to and from the dome to his acreage and how the drive was very useful for him in decompressing after a game/practices, so it's a plausible concept... though again, I have no idea how OEL thinks.

EDIT: In regards to the comments about Calgary jumping on just because Edmonton was in on it... this situation seems far more related to coincidence than actuality. Flames have former management in Maloney and Treliving, so if Arizona is interested in making moves, they're likely one of the first on the mailing list in finding out and poking their nose in. Edmonton also has a bunch of Arizona formers that also links them to them.

If Edmonton consummates this deal, good on them. Let's blow up the ferocity of the BOA! I really hope that Calgary isn't in on a deal like this or offering a 1st for Kuemper. It's hard to wrap my mind around the concept without creating new holes.

Last edited:

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Oracle lol

Okay i need people to remember this is almost like a puzzle where your trying to find pieces that fit into the right spots, information that I've gotten that fill everything

I've mentioned how kassian is starting to fall out of favour with coaching and his teammates

Tippet isn't a huge kassian fan

Holland signed him cause he can't let that asset walk for free, with martin wilson clutterbuck reaves maroon he has a lot of value

Again I'm not changing what I've heard about the initial offer but

I'm going to look at it from a fan view and what info i got

Arizona can move kassian he has value, they CAN'T move neal unless a buyout, there trying to get rid of money

I've mentioned nurse and kassian being more hot headed type people were they don't fit the mold that 97 29 77 want on this team

Agian I'm not changing but for me in what I've been told it actually kind of makes sense that kassian is in not neal

This thing is getting crazier

FYI the oilers room and coaches love James Neal, that i definently know, he came in there and changed the vibe and made it fun again after the last couple of years

I'm going to keep updating every time i hear something

Dreger is now mentioning arizona wanting to get rid of money

Craig morgan talking about arizona determined to trade OEL

I'm not knocking you homie. I wish this prophecy comes true.

Reactions: TFHockey

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So what’s holding up this “apparently” done deal? Oilers refusing to include Neal or something? :laugh:

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad