Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
You don't have to imagine it. Feast your eyes!
B9IPRUto49s-tBfQAjBhUgx9slSpiO4bG0cwf6O8an0.jpg
I wonder if he likes yOdELing

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
If he did indeed buy this house, OEL sure is a modest guy for how much he has earned so far and will earn career wise. (2600 sq foot 13 year old house @ $400K CAD)

I think thats just the house tho and a separate purchase from the farm near by?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If he did indeed buy this house, OEL sure is a modest guy for how much he has earned so far and will earn career wise. (2600 sq foot 13 year old house @ $400K CAD)
My house is quite a bit nicer than that and my family sure as hell aren’t multi millionaires... I’m not buying it. Even moving away from his house in AZ to say somewhere like Windermere is a sizeable downgrade...

But hey, you never know what other people like and don’t like. Maybe he’s a guy that doesn’t care too much about houses and luxury. :dunno:

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I mean if he likes the farm life it's not that shocking.

The MLS listing that was posted isn't a farm life home at all, nor does it look like a former canola farm as previously reported by the poster that mentioned it.

I think thats just the house tho and a separate purchase from the farm near by?

So he bought an acreage AND a house? That's kinda odd.

My house is quite a bit nicer than that and my family sure as hell aren’t multi millionaires... I’m not buying it. Even moving away from his house in AZ to say somewhere like Windermere is a sizeable downgrade...

But hey, you never know what other people like and don’t like. Maybe he’s a guy that doesn’t care too much about houses and luxury. :dunno:

My wife and I own a home that twice that value. OEL makes $8.25 Mil AAV USD and earns more after that decimal than my wife and I combined.

Maybe there's some truth in it, but it's starting to unravel in a really weird way. You don't need a house AND farmland/acreage nearby. That's just weird.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
OEL is a better dman than Nurse but he’s still not the answer in Edmonton, he’s pretty weak in his own end for a top pairing guy.

This isn't a big problem. OEL would likely end up playing with Adam Larsson, who is solid in his own zone and has had chemistry with OEL in the past. The concern for me is OEL's contract, not his defensive ability.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Arizona has a new GM

doubt he ever signs off on this trade unless the Owner consummated this deal
Only way it makes sense is if he said the only team he would be traded to is Edmonton, and the owner said he has to be moved. That said that's all imaginary and not real lol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Looks like an investment property. Not a place to live for a guy with 50 million bucks. Lol.

Maybe he wants to make sure he’s on a team that can actually pay him his next 50 million bucks?

:sarcasm:

I kid, I kid.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Imagine I am a Swedish multi-millionaire and I spend the nice summers in Sweden with my extended family and old friends. That means I am willing to leave the place I work all winter, warm and sunny as it is, the place I just signed with and asked for a NMC with? He has every right to refuse to be traded and there is nothing Arizona can do about it. Are they going to make him load his own hockey gear on the bus and sit next to the crapper?
He can refuse. But rumour is he isn't happy with the coach. He probably doesn't want to rebuild again.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I can see the interview on HNIC already:

Scott Oake: "So now that the trade has been completed are you excited to become part of the battle of Alberta?"

OEL: "You bet I am. You think we are going to take any crap from those jerks in Legal? We have a Tractor Museum forchristsakes. What do they got? Nothing!"

Scott Oake: "Well naturally... wait, what?"

OEL: "WESTLOCK!! WESTLOCK!! WESTLOCK!!"

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
I am currently in sweden working with people associated with swedish players. They keep saying OEL loves Arizona. The only way OEL will leave if they do a complete rebuild and that is possible if the owner imposes a strict internal cap

He loves it in AZ. However, he and Tocchet are not meshing well so I could see him looking for a change in scenery.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Westlock makes no sense :laugh: Only thing I can think of is maybe they meant Westbrook Estates? I know a few NHL players live there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad