Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
EDIT EDIT SCROLL DOWN

Wow wow wow how things change

do i have a thread for you guys, get your reading glasses

I broke the lucic trade last year and I'm breaking the OEL trade this year

One thing i love about the people that work for or around the oilers organization is the big mouth gossip around this team lol

Its nurse not klefbom

Coach and Gm not happy with the whole 97 29 25 "leadership group"
And ill throw kassian in the mix also

The deal is centered around OEL and grabner from ARI and nurse neal 1st 2021 and a prospect

Now what lead to all this

1. Broberg drafted, the second oilers drafted him made nurse or klefbom expendable

2. Nurse contract extension only 2 years cause Holland wasn't going to commit to him and also not worth 7 mill a year

3. Good ol Bobby stauffer with his little tid bits, he's closer to the oilers organization than any other media guy

Ex. Referencing subban/weber trade how fans might be mad but works out in the end

How nurse is top 7 in some analytics stats

How the oilers want to cut down klefbom minutes with a dman who can play more

3. Dave Tippet and Jim Playfair want OEL on Edmonton and OEL has told ARI hed like to play for his old coaches again+ klefbom and larsson are already here to help him transition, he has a NMC

4. Now let's get to the gossip and how it ties in Lucic and Puljuarvi

Now 97 and 29 are unreal players and still young so the leadership aspects will come

97 told mclellan and hitchcock DO NOT put Puljuarvi on my line, this is 100% true i had it confirmed multiple times

**EDIT EDIT** To 97 defense at the time Puljujarvi wasn't the brightest bulb and would sometimes put line mates in bad positions with passing and were he'd be on ice, that was an issue with Puljujarvi

Hitchcock came in here excited and talked about wanting to help the kid, Puljujarvi started playing well and then when he wanted to move up Hitchcock didn't promote him

Then Hitchcock went cold on Puljujarvi

The reason Puljujarvi left and didn't say anything is he knows his career would be screwed if he mentioned how 97 doesn't want him on his line

That would've killed any chance of him coming back

Tippet and holland don't care what and who you are if Puljujarvi can help the team there bringing him in

Puljujarvi doesn't trust that if he came back and played well that 97 would want him on his line, THATS WHY HE HASN'T SIGNED YET

5. Lucic comments after leaving edmonton about having a more veteran Captain

It was sort of a subtle shot at 97 29 25,

The problem is 29 is a quite guy, 97 is a quite guy and is more just business, 25 is a hot head, darnell is going to be a good player but there are stuff off the ice that are creating issues along with kassian

Klefbom is really respected around the team and people that have played here, cause he's very calm and trustworthy

Tippet wants OEL, klefbom and larsson running the room

And let 97 and 29 find there leadership abilities through experience

97 never had lemuix or rechi or leclair or guerin or roberts

97 is going to be a great leader but there are still things he has to learn

OEL who is a captain will help take the pressure off

6. The second Calgary heard that Edmonton were trying to get OEL and Kuemper they jumped in , OEL isn't waiving to play in Calgary, he wants to play in Edmonton

Calgary looks like there going to get Kuemper, there offering this years 1st edmonton isn't

There are other teams that are also pursuing so this isn't a slam dunk

But 90% chance Darnell Nurse is in deal not Oscar Klefbom

darnell won't sign an extension next year, and arizona will trade Darnell Nurse with an extension next year to a team like NYR or NJD

Example k andre miller and 1st 2021 for nurse (extension)

I was going to post on tyson barrie, i had a previous thread a couple of weeks ago about how barrie was considering signing a 1 year low cap deal boost up his stock and the sign big next year

I had really important info on tyson barrie and the oilers but now the OEL stuff came in so idk if thats still possible

Bob stauffer talked today about barrie signing a 1 year 4.0 AAV, so i have info weeks before some of the media guys talk about it

"I think you could get Tyson Barrie at a bargain. You might get him at a one year deal at $4M. He may have the appetite to sign in Seattle. Seattle's enticing to some players." - Bob Stauffer

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

One thing i love about the people that work for or around the oilers organization is the big mouth gossip around this team lol

Its nurse not klefbom

The deal is centered around OEL and grabner from ARI and nurse neal 1st 2021 and a prospect

1. Broberg drafted, the second oilers drafted him made nurse or klefbom expendable

2. Nurse contract extension only 2 years cause Holland wasn't going to commit to him and also not worth 7 mill a year

3. Good ol Bobby stauffer with his little tid bits, he's closer to the oilers organization than any other media guy

Ex. Referencing subban/weber trade how fans might be mad but works out in the end

3. Dave Tippet and Jim Playfair want OEL on Edmonton and OEL has told ARI hed like to play for his old coaches again+ klefbom and larsson are already here to help him transition, he has a NMC

Now 97 and 29 are unreal players and still young so the leadership aspects will come

97 told mclellan and hitchcock DO NOT put Puljuarvi on my line, this is 100% true i had it confirmed multiple times

Hitchcock came in here excited and talked about wanting to help the kid, Puljujarvi started playing well and then when he wanted to move up Hitchcock didn't promote him

The reason Puljujarvi left and didn't say anything is he knows his career would be screwed if he mentioned how 97 doesn't want him on his line

Tippet and holland don't care what and who you are if Puljujarvi can help the team there bringing him in

Puljujarvi doesn't trust that if he came back and played well that 97 would want him on his line, THATS WHY HE HASN'T SIGNED YET

The problem is 29 is a quite guy, 97 is a quite guy and is more just business, 25 is a hot head, darnell is going to be a good player but there are stuff off the ice that are creating issues along with kassian

Klefbom is really respected around the team and people that have played here, cause he's very calm and trustworthy

6. The second Calgary heard that Edmonton were trying to get OEL and Kuemper they jumped in , OEL isn't waiving to play in Calgary, he wants to play in Edmonton

Calgary looks like there going to get Kuemper, there offering this years 1st edmonton isn't

darnell won't sign an extension next year, and arizona will trade Darnell Nurse with an extension next year to a team like NYR or NJD

I was going to post on tyson barrie, i had a previous thread a couple of weeks ago about how barrie was considering signing a 1 year low cap deal boost up his stock and the sign big next year

I had really important info on tyson barrie and the oilers but now the OEL stuff came in so idk if thats still possible

Bob stauffer talked today about barrie signing a 1 year 4.0 AAV, so i have info weeks before some of the media guys talk about it

"I think you could get Tyson Barrie at a bargain. You might get him at a one year deal at $4M. He may have the appetite to sign in Seattle. Seattle's enticing to some players." - Bob Stauffer
You know what? I buy it. I’m buying it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Let’s say this does in fact happen, I like the trade for Arizona. Edmonton I feel would be underwhelmed. Grabner is a solid PKer, but OEL isn’t really better than Nurse at this point but much more expensive.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I have a buddy who knows someone who is close to the team, and I have been pretty reluctant to post anything about the rumors I've been hearing from him. Now that someone else has done it, yeah, I've been hearing similar things about the Oilers.

Just my two cents.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Its nurse not klefbom

a couple of questions:

1) do you mean Kassian is part of teh problem or that that group is causing issues with Kassian?

2) what level of prospect are we talking about. If its Broberg I pass, but if its Samorukov or Lavoi I jump on this deal fast before they realize Neal needs a plane ticket too.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
a couple of questions:

1) do you mean Kassian is part of teh problem or that that group is causing issues with Kassian?

2) what level of prospect are we talking about. If its Broberg I pass, but if its Samorukov or Lavoi I jump on this deal fast before they realize Neal needs a plane ticket too.

Broberg is Holland's pick. He isn't on the trading block. His presence makes other LHD available. That is my understanding of the situation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
a couple of questions:

Isn’t he saying Puljujarvi?

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->