Value of: Bye bye Darnell, Hello OEL!!

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I’m surprised as fun as this has been that it isn’t locked. OP claims he broke the Lucic trade when a simple search shows he posted a trade idea differing from the actual Neal - Lucic trade and mentions that as a bases to believe his apparent insider info.

There’s been a lot of speculation that OEL might be moved and we have his former coach. Past that the OP is just throwing stuff at the wall

I get want you are saying about the Lucic trade but even the insider miss the details of trades . Trade discussions are fluid and can change quickly . He had the 2 bigger pieces right . If you read the recent posting it has RNH going the other way which I can not see happening But there a lot of smoke on OEL to Edmonton

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Westlock makes no sense :laugh: Only thing I can think of is maybe they meant Westbrook Estates? I know a few NHL players live there.

Ekman-Larsson: "Just bought a house in Västerås! Heading back to Sweden."
Everyone: "Uh, shit, Ollie, no, that's in Västlås. You done messed up."

If y'all don't like puns, Swedish or otherwise, ignore my last two posts with prejudice.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dude Arizona doesn't give a crap about winning. They just care about shedding MONEY. They don't want to pay OEL 10 mill in money next year. Are you being dumb on purpose?
Speaking about winning.:sarcasm: Sweep your own doorstep first.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL isn't waving to go to Canada period. He might be willing to leave, but he has an NMC, he gets to decide where he is willing to go. He loves Scottsdale, but hasn't played well under RT. I think he veto's any trade and they wind up firing RT.
Hope you are right.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I am human and have lived quite a while. Please enlighten me as to what has become so unbearable that would cause OEL to change his mind. You cannot say “he doesn’t want to be on a losing team” as his actions show that isn’t a factor. Every report I’ve ever read says he loves it in Phoenix. He has financial security and a rock solid contract with the Yotes for the rest of his career. So what am I missing?
The coach RT. I believe from what I have heard that RT and OEL do not get along. I also believe under the right circumstances OEL would jump at the chance to leave Arizona. He will have financial security no matter where he wants to play.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
My house is quite a bit nicer than that and my family sure as hell aren’t multi millionaires... I’m not buying it. Even moving away from his house in AZ to say somewhere like Windermere is a sizeable downgrade...

But hey, you never know what other people like and don’t like. Maybe he’s a guy that doesn’t care too much about houses and luxury. :dunno:
OEL likes luxury. I think he has owned two homes in Phoenix and both are BEAUTIFUL.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Said what?
He was asked if he felt Klefbom + Russell + our 1st could land OEL. He said something like “I think the oilers could get in on OEL, but my belief is Arizona doesn’t want to spend money, they'll take cap hit but not dollars, figure out what I’m saying, wink wink nudge nudge (yes he literally said wink wink nudge nudge). And they’d want picks and prospects”. He usually says cryptic shit like that on his show.

The Oiler that has a high cap hit with very little salary is Russell and obviously we’d include our first. I have no idea what prospect(s) we’d have to add to make the value there for Arizona. But replacing OEL’s 54 mill with Russell’s 1.5 mill solves your owners financial burden. If we were to add in someone like chiasson at another 2.15 for one year, the combined cap hits would be 6.15 compared to OEL’s 8.25, but just 3.65 salary compared to 54. On a player value basis, this is a horrible return for OEL. But if the goal for your owner is to save money and get picks and prospects, this sort of deal would would provide that. And not many teams are going to be able to take on that salary without sending it back.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He was asked if he felt Klefbom + Russell + our 1st could land OEL. He said something like “I think the oilers could get in on OEL, but my belief is Arizona doesn’t want to spend money, they'll take cap hit but not dollars, figure out what I’m saying, wink wink nudge nudge (yes he literally said wink wink nudge nudge). And they’d want picks and prospects”. He usually says cryptic shit like that on his show.

The Oiler that has a high cap hit with very little salary is Russell and obviously we’d include our first. I have no idea what prospect(s) we’d have to add to make the value there for Arizona. But replacing OEL’s 54 mill with Russell’s 1.5 mill solves your owners financial burden. If we were to add in someone like chiasson at another 2.15 for one year, the combined cap hits would be 6.15 compared to OEL’s 8.25, but just 3.65 salary compared to 54. On a player value basis, this is a horrible return for OEL. But if the goal for your owner is to save money and get picks and prospects, this sort of deal would would provide that. And not many teams are going to be able to take on that salary without sending it back.
Honestly even better. Russell, next year’s 1st and either Broberg or Bouchard and I’m sold.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Honestly even better. Russell, next year’s 1st and either Broberg or Bouchard and I’m sold.
Yeah you’d think it would have to be Bouchard or Broberg in an ideal straight value scenario. I wonder if Holland pushes for Samorukov instead though and holds firm because of the financial pressure to the owner.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

As others have said, more likely Samoroukov+ or Lavoie, Benson, etc.... a cheap forward that can step in and take yet another roster spot with a cheap ELC.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Armstrong officially got hired today so they can consummate this trade now. :D

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

How about Russell (cap purposes), Chiasson (cap purposes), Bouchard, 2021 1st for OEL?

Then flip Nurse + 14 for Huberdeau.

Then hoist cup in 2021.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->