Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I absolutely love this signing for Buffalo , he had an off year last year on a very very deep Golden Knights team but when he got traded to Calgary his stats were very promising and had 5 points in 8 games . And let’s not forget he is one year removed from having 21 goals and 41 points in 78 games . As long as he gets the ice time I fully expect him to return to that production and with only a 2.25m cap hit I LOVE THIS SIGNING .

great job Adams !!! You rebuild our centre position in one offseason something Botterill couldn’t do in 4 years .

and this lets Middlestadt develop in the minors

I want what you're having? Is this beer goggles?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
They're really stressing analytics these days. :shakehead
The graphs and stats are likely too complicated for them to understand.

So they are returning to hunches and insider gossip.
And the good old boy informal scouting network .......

Face it guys. This franchise is lost......

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This is a pipe dream. He's washed up over the hill trash. I hope he ends up failing so it further shames this franchise. We don't deserve to win when we overpay bottom dwindling garbage like Cody Eakin. I have nothing against Cody, he just accepted a deal. You're maybe worth 925K.
Yeah that's what players who recognize they are nearly washed up do. They see if they can squeeze just one more year out and it dawns on them..... Hey, try the Sabres!!!

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I want what you're having? Is this beer goggles?

man the guy scored 21 goals 1 season ago . Was in Peter Deboers dog house last season but when he got traded to Calgary his production was outstanding with 5 points in 8 games until Coronavirus shut down the rest of the season .

a 30-40 point player is who you want and perfect for the 3rd line . It blows my mind that people are so down .

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
man the guy scored 21 goals 1 season ago . Was in Peter Deboers dog house last season but when he got traded to Calgary his production was outstanding with 5 points in 8 games until Coronavirus shut down the rest of the season .

a 30-40 point player is who you want and perfect for the 3rd line . It blows my mind that people are so down .

Uhm, he's not that good, and he was on the Vegas Golden Knights. These teams are night and day different. Eakin is a completely average player at best. He's not that good. Sorry to call it.

Reactions: DJN21

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Uhm, he's not that good, and he was on the Vegas Golden Knights. These teams are night and day different. Eakin is a completely average player at best. He's not that good. Sorry to call it.

were the Dallas Stars teams that good when he was averaging 35-40 points a year ?

And remember he went to Calgary last year and found his scoring touch again with 5 points in 8 games . Sadly Coronavirus ended his great rebound

he is the perfect 3rd /4th liner

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
were the Dallas Stars teams that good when he was averaging 35-40 points a year ?

And remember he went to Calgary last year and found his scoring touch again with 5 points in 8 games . Sadly Coronavirus ended his great rebound

he is the perfect 3rd /4th liner

He went to WPG

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don't think we give Krueger enough credit for LOG. He gave those guys a system where they could understand their role and got them to buy in. If he can do the same with Eakin and Rieder, the Sabres are a better team. I think Eakin is more talented than Larsson, but Larry performed more efficiently because he could focus on single role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad