Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

Zippy Chippy

Apr 6, 2015
I don't really understand people's displeasure, Americans are so strange. :huh:

I think he is a pretty decent player for bottom 6, and if he regains his game the year before last it will be a steal.

Same thing happened with the Bills for the 20+ years that they were inept. Until the team shows that their judgment should be trusted (via some semblance of success), the fans and media are going to shit over every single move they make, deserved or not.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Rofl you must be on the Pegula payroll

Nah, I'm just not seeing everything through garbage-colored, fatalistic-tinted glasses.

Staal is an infinite improvement over MoJo/Mitts/etc.

Eakin does appear as a bit of a downgrade.

Lazar for a full year is better than whatever we did there before Lazar last year.

Ideally though, we still add another center that pushes Eakin to 4C and slides into 3C.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Pretty much, cause you know these bums come here and turn their careers around all the time

All I'll say is it is fun being optimistic when it comes to entertainment, like sports. I know it is tough because the sabres suck really really bad, but they are eventually going to be good again. Plus, it is fun being on board with the moves when it all ends up working out. (IE, i enjoyed watching Allen's rise to becoming a franchise QB because I was not pouting on day one)

Reactions: Zman5778

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I don't really understand people's displeasure, Americans are so strange. :huh:

I think he is a pretty decent player for bottom 6, and if he regains his game the year before last it will be a steal.

As a Canadian, I take offence to being called American. Just for that, I hope you get attacked by a cobra chicken in your sleep tonight.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
But I am also a Buffalo fan for many years and am not unhappy with this signing.

It is just a part of being a fan of a bad bad bad team. It isn't the fan's fault, the team has been ridden into the ground for almost a decade now. I still take the optimistic route, but its not an american thing at all.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The only reason I'm not rooting for the season to get scrapped at this point is because I want to be able to go to a few more games at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum before it becomes a parking lot.

Reactions: MarkusKetterer

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
It is just a part of being a fan of a bad bad bad team. It isn't the fan's fault, the team has been ridden into the ground for almost a decade now. I still take the optimistic route, but its not an american thing at all.

And I don't even necessarily take the optimistic route. I take a very patient approach. I'm very much a "wait-and-see" guy. If that's defined as optimistic, fine. But unless a move is egregiously bad, I will always wait and see what happens before slamming moves.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
How? Eichel is top-tier. Staal is a legit 2nd line center. Eakin is a 3rd/4th line guy, and Lazar is a fine 4th line guy.

Last year we ran Eichel----LOLIDKWTF-----Larsson-----WTFPART2untilLazar

Ideally, we're still bringing in another center, but it's an improvement over last year.....even if Eakin isn't quite as good overall as Larry.
Being better than last year doesn't make it any good. Staal was a solid pickup and will undoubtedly be an upgrade on Johansson no arguments here, but he's 35 and I think some people have some lofty expectations for him. Beyond that it's pretty awful. Eakin is a nothing burger. I was afraid we'd go after Alex Kerfoot this offseason and instead we aimed even lower. Lazar is a great story, but he's more of a 13th forward on a good team.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
My bad signing a 30 year old for almost double the cost of Larsson with 4 year goal totals of 3, 11, 22 and 5 should be met with true optimism(I wonder which is the outlier). Just give him a Sobotka jersey and be done with it.

Until these clowns realize to stop spending money on bad players its never gonna end. We have spent almost 6 mil on nothing but the same so far.

Reactions: Chainshot and jc17

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He was on winning teams.. He will do fine as a 4C and maby help the room.
Pretty much how I look at it. But he'll likely be 3c here. Now he's an established 3c in the league does Cozens play RW with him? Do we see Eakin center Thompson and Cozens? I don't know how i'de feel about that. Hopefully they land a top 6 wing.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Staal - XXXX
Thompson - Eakin - Cozens
Girgensons - Lazar - Okposo

Maybe the kids can give some juice to the Eakin line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad