Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't think we give Krueger enough credit for LOG. He gave those guys a system where they could understand their role and got them to buy in. If he can do the same with Eakin and Rieder, the Sabres are a better team. I think Eakin is more talented than Larsson, but Larry performed more efficiently because he could focus on single role.
It wasn't the only season Girgensons-Larsson played well together in a defensive/heavy forecheck energy role.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think we give Krueger enough credit for LOG. He gave those guys a system where they could understand their role and got them to buy in. If he can do the same with Eakin and Rieder, the Sabres are a better team. I think Eakin is more talented than Larsson, but Larry performed more efficiently because he could focus on single role.

LOG was also very effective in Housley's 2nd year. The metrics probably don't look quite as nice, but that's likely due mostly to the fact that he gave that line even more defensive zone starts than Kreuger did.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
LOG was also very effective in Housley's 2nd year. The metrics probably don't look quite as nice, but that's likely due mostly to the fact that he gave that line even more defensive zone starts than Kreuger did.

Housley flat out abused them in his second year and they were still pretty effective. It was something like 15% OZS or something crazy.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
this seems fine, just a place holder vet until cozens or mitts is ready. isn't over paid, easy to waive to ahl or trade at the deadline if needed.

Member 308457

Buffalo always gets left with table scraps. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
IF a capable 3C is added (Haula or trade?) then I don't mind this signing. Pushes Lazar to wing//13F. Useful PKer.

I don't like Eakin with only Eichel / Staal in front of him.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Do we now have the most expensive bottom 6?

If I was Eakin I would take the deal and run because no legit teams were giving me that kind of money.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I have scoured the web for any optimism regarding this signing and there’s none. Way too much money for a player that is gonna help us lose games. At this point if the season is cancelled, meh

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

If these are the moves that are happening because they are using analytics...

Now I hope they just aren’t relying on analytics to determine players and don’t think they are, but this sort of move doesn’t pass any sort of determination whether analytics or eye test.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Now I hope they just aren’t relying on analytics to determine players and don’t think they are, but this sort of move doesn’t pass any sort of determination whether analytics or eye test.

This reeks of just someone who would sign.

Good personality? Nope

Good looking? Nope

Rich? Nope

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
One of my son’s HS teammates with a great take in the comments of the Insta post on the Eakin signing: I suggest that we stop calling free agents now.

:laugh:
The anti-5g conspiracy is actually about saving the Buffalo Sabres

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Managed to miss the Eakin contract.

Very nice pickup! One of my favorite players with nearly perfect 200ft game :]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad