Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
Arttu Ruotsalainen is supposed to be good defensively.

Uhm.. no. There is nothing to suggest that he is good defensively unless you want to go the route the every Finnish player is good because of the responsibility they are taught in Finland. Make no mistake, when it comes to Ilves Arttu Ruotsalainen is not the one you normally throw out to play vs the opponents first line on a daily basis but you mainly do it because most often than not he is superior to what the opponent brings to the table.

Not defensively good, just better overall.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Since Eakin became a NHL regular in 13-14

Season -> CF%/xG%

13-14 -> 51%/51%
14-15 -> 50%/ 50%
15-16 -> 49%/ 48%
16-17 -> 49%/51%
17-18 -> 48%/ 47%
18-19 -> 50%/ 49%

Where is he getting his head caved in?

That ntrider is so tiresome.
I like looking at the with ot without you numbers to get an idea of impact, and while they still didn't make him look good it wasn't as bad as the rapm charts.

Rapm is one of those things that you can't go on alone, but I would say they tend to give a decent indication of player performance more often than not.

It will be interesting to see what version shows up.

Reactions: joshjull

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
God, I still cannot stand this signing. He is so f***ing terrible. His metrics are the antithesis of analytics. You suck Cody Eakin. Paul Hamilton, "What appealed to you in the Buffalo Sabres, and what does Ralph Krueger's style do for your game". His internal thoughts, "I was shocked anyone gave me more than the league minimum, I'm the equivalent of a wet fart, talent wise".

Reactions: jc17

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just like the Vesey signing, this went exactly as people expected before he ever played a game in a Sabres jersey. Eakin got miscast as a Larsson replacement and predictably has been a disaster. Both data and eye test saw this coming. Why does this team always do this.
I didn’t expect it because I stupidly thought they were going to use him differently than Larsson.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
God, I still cannot stand this signing. He is so f***ing terrible. His metrics are the antithesis of analytics. You suck Cody Eakin. Paul Hamilton, "What appealed to you in the Buffalo Sabres, and what does Ralph Krueger's style do for your game". His internal thoughts, "I was shocked anyone gave me more than the league minimum, I'm the equivalent of a wet fart, talent wise".

I stand by this and 32-34 games in, he's exactly what I said he is.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I was skeptical about Reider, but he’s been better than I expected. Eakin has been utter trash as I predicted though, why hand out a contract like that to a replacement level dude? Makes no sense.

Reactions: TheCerebral1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad