Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My bad signing a 30 year old for almost double the cost of Larsson with 4 year goal totals of 3, 11, 22 and 5 should be met with true optimism(I wonder which is the outlier). Just give him a Sobotka jersey and be done with it.

Until these clowns realize to stop spending money on bad players its never gonna end. We have spent almost 6 mil on nothing but the same so far.

Mentioning a four year goal total when comparing Eakins to Larsson may not be the best way to hammer your point.

Because that goal total of 41 is quite bigger than 22. In fact, it is "almost double." :naughty:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you get players who are Carmelo Anthony level bad defensively they need a Melo level scoring upside as well. And we have a team of forwards who are really bad defensively, get rid of our best defensive forward and pay 70% more for another bad defensive forward. They are clearly lying about taking advanced stats seriously.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
I don't care much for the player, but I guess a potential positive is that he's an actual center. I've been so sick of the shoehorning of wingers with 'center tendencies' (other than when we had he who shall not be named) that has been such a recurring theme with this circus and always brings with it negative trickle down effects.

If we had kept Larry and signed Eakin,I still wouldn't like it, but would feel a lot better. If they acquire another center, that would help. Break Cozens in on the wing and keep Mitts in Rochester indefinitely until (if) his play reaches the level that forces your hand.

And on a note unrelated to this player: fix the damn R/L D balance.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I absolutely love this signing for Buffalo , he had an off year last year on a very very deep Golden Knights team but when he got traded to Calgary his stats were very promising and had 5 points in 8 games . And let’s not forget he is one year removed from having 21 goals and 41 points in 78 games . As long as he gets the ice time I fully expect him to return to that production and with only a 2.25m cap hit I LOVE THIS SIGNING .

great job Adams !!! You rebuild our centre position in one offseason something Botterill couldn’t do in 4 years .

and this lets Middlestadt develop in the minors

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
:laugh:. You just unintentionally answered a question I was gonna DM you to ask. It was all sarcasm. Unless you were being sarcastic and I don’t understand Russian humour and your English understanding at the same time!
I wasn't really joking and being sarcastic. I just forgot that there are on site not only Americans but also Canadians and people from other countries. I apologize if offended.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I absolutely love this signing for Buffalo , he had an off year last year on a very very deep Golden Knights team but when he got traded to Calgary his stats were very promising and had 5 points in 8 games . And let’s not forget he is one year removed from having 21 goals and 41 points in 78 games . As long as he gets the ice time I fully expect him to return to that production and with only a 2.25m cap hit I LOVE THIS SIGNING .

great job Adams !!! You rebuild our centre position in one offseason something Botterill couldn’t do in 4 years .

and this lets Middlestadt develop in the minors

Ill have what shes having

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I wasn't really joking and being sarcastic. I just forgot that there are on site not only Americans but also Canadians and people from other countries. I apologize if offended.

Nope. Not offended. It really takes a lot to do that. Which is great when it comes to arguing with significant others, because they don’t like it when they try to offend you and get you mad, and it doesn’t work :laugh:.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Could anyone post fancy stats that aren't last year's of Eakin? The little bit of digging I've show seems to tell me that Eakin just had a really bad year. Maybe he rebounds?

But other than last year and 16/17, he's been a pretty consistent 15ish-15ish-30ish guy for his career, which is exactly the production you'd want out of a 3C.

But again.....I'm not sure if it's JUST his production that tanked last year, or if his fancy stats have always been this bad and his production finally matched them........

This is what I’m saying . He had a bad year last year but it wasn’t his fault because he is on a loaded Golden Knights team who just have so much depth and guys ahead of him on the depth chart and especially when Deboer took over his role and ice time diminished .

but when he went to Calgary his production picked right back up where it left off and he had 1 goal and 4 assists in just 8 games . So he had had 1 bad half of hockey in the last 4 years before that he was averaging 30-40 points a year and that is brilliant production for the 3rd line .

I love this signing . I was getting a little worked up but Adams brought my spirits right back up and there is still lots of the off-season left to make more moves

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Big f***ing woof. What does Larry have to do to get some respect when these gingers and Latvians are out here making bank?

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
They must've valued Eakin's glorious ginger mullet significantly more than Larsson's more tame do. It's not a good sign when you pay more to sign a guy another team was happy to see leave. Reminds me of acquiring Beaulieu.

Still, he's 29 and he's had off years before, so hopefully this past season was one of those and he bounces back.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Hopefully he has a good bounce back year

This is a pipe dream. He's washed up over the hill trash. I hope he ends up failing so it further shames this franchise. We don't deserve to win when we overpay bottom dwindling garbage like Cody Eakin. I have nothing against Cody, he just accepted a deal. You're maybe worth 925K.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Don't really see him getting the usage that he'd need to be a productive offensive player. As I recall, he's always been pretty bad defensively. Not sure I see the point.

Also don't really think this helps bolster the idea that the team's decision making is becoming analytics-driven.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad