Confirmed with Link: Buffalo Sabres sign C Cody Eakin to a 2 year deal worth $2.25M AAV

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Larsson outscored him last year too. Please send help, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

At this point, the idea of them being good has been replaced by the "more likely" scenario that I figure out how to make enough money to buy this team. :biglaugh:

I wish I was kidding.

Reactions: Sabresmp

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Not a free agent signing yet that I could say was a team upgrade. Jobs for the boys?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Nah that's a terrible center spine.

How? Eichel is top-tier. Staal is a legit 2nd line center. Eakin is a 3rd/4th line guy, and Lazar is a fine 4th line guy.

Last year we ran Eichel----LOLIDKWTF-----Larsson-----WTFPART2untilLazar

Ideally, we're still bringing in another center, but it's an improvement over last year.....even if Eakin isn't quite as good overall as Larry.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
How? Eichel is top-tier. Staal is a legit 2nd line center. Eakin is a 3rd/4th line guy, and Lazar is a fine 4th line guy.

Last year we ran Eichel----LOLIDKWTF-----Larsson-----WTFPART2untilLazar

Ideally, we're still bringing in another center, but it's an improvement over last year.....even if Eakin isn't quite as good overall as Larry.

I hope Eakin is as good as you're projecting he'll be, since IMO he's a pretty steep downgrade from Larry defensively. Also that Lazar plays at least as well as he did last year, and that Staal doesn't fall off a cliff due to age.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Remember that scene in Moneyball where all the scouts are complaining about filling the holes in their roster with not one, but three defective ballplayers?

That was a good movie. Hitting a little too close to home.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Could anyone post fancy stats that aren't last year's of Eakin? The little bit of digging I've show seems to tell me that Eakin just had a really bad year. Maybe he rebounds?

But other than last year and 16/17, he's been a pretty consistent 15ish-15ish-30ish guy for his career, which is exactly the production you'd want out of a 3C.

But again.....I'm not sure if it's JUST his production that tanked last year, or if his fancy stats have always been this bad and his production finally matched them........

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Could anyone post fancy stats that aren't last year's of Eakin? The little bit of digging I've show seems to tell me that Eakin just had a really bad year. Maybe he rebounds?

But other than last year and 16/17, he's been a pretty consistent 15ish-15ish-30ish guy for his career, which is exactly the production you'd want out of a 3C.

But again.....I'm not sure if it's JUST his production that tanked last year, or if his fancy stats have always been this bad and his production finally matched them........

His fancies have always been this bad, going back to Dallas.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Remember that scene in Moneyball where all the scouts are complaining about filling the holes in their roster with not one, but three defective ballplayers?

That was a good movie. Hitting a little too close to home.

That movie is this board’s wet dream and dream way of building a team

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't really understand people's displeasure, Americans are so strange. :huh:

I think he is a pretty decent player for bottom 6, and if he regains his game the year before last it will be a steal.

Reactions: wunderpanda

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I think he had a run of injuries. Lower body in Dallas where he had hip surgery and upper body in Vegas.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
How does one go from 10 points in 41 games to being traded and putting up 5 points in 8 games. Was he hurt or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad