Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Still my guy at 9 although I'm warmed up to Hockenson.
I've gone cold on J. Williams. I know the Bills like the position flexibility, but I'm hearing him more as a G than an OT. And then a RT more than a LT. That's not what I want at #9. Q, Williams would be nice if he fell. Oliver is still a good target. I'd prefer to move down for Hockenson, but it seems less likely he'll be there if we move back.

If we can trade a 5th for Bucs DT McCoy (as predicted by CBS Sports), I'm happy staying at #9 and taking TJ the TE. If not Hockenson, then Sweat or maybe even Jawaan Taylor. If we move back and Taylor, Hockenson, Oliver, and everyone is gone, I might reconsider J. Williams.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've gone cold on J. Williams. I know the Bills like the position flexibility, but I'm hearing him more as a G than an OT. And then a RT more than a LT. That's not what I want at #9. Q, Williams would be nice if he fell. Oliver is still a good target. I'd prefer to move down for Hockenson, but it seems less likely he'll be there if we move back.

If we can trade a 5th for Bucs DT McCoy (as predicted by CBS Sports), I'm happy staying at #9 and taking TJ the TE. If not Hockenson, then Sweat or maybe even Jawaan Taylor. If we move back and Taylor, Hockenson, Oliver, and everyone is gone, I might reconsider J. Williams.
Of course those are the exact rumors the Bills themselves started about Glenn to get him to drop :laugh:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The Buffalo Bills and the rest of the NFL are merely two weeks away from the 2019 NFL Draft, so as we get closer it's time to get in depth about all of the possibilities for the team at 9th overall. Should the Bills seriously consider taking an offensive tackle with their first-round selection, or is a defensive lineman too good to pass up? What about a tight end? Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn discuss all of it in the newest episode including plenty of names and how they would fit the current Bills setup.

Reactions: DJB

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

He hasn't suddenly become a guard... Its all speculation IMO based on arm length probably or something equally obsurd.

With Yarbrough & Harrold signing I think they have a strong group at DE. DT is the only D position that makes any kind of sense at 9 & even then I'd hate it.

G. McCoy for a low pick would be a great move.

TE does seem the one position they haven't really addressed yet...

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
He hasn't suddenly become a guard... Its all speculation IMO based on arm length probably or something equally obsurd.

With Yarbrough & Harrold signing I think they have a strong group at DE. DT is the only D position that makes any kind of sense at 9 & even then I'd hate it.

G. McCoy for a low pick would be a great move.

TE does seem the one position they haven't really addressed yet...
It’s true what you say about J. Williams. I can only go by what I read and see. If Beane sees him as an upgrade to LT, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. If he sees him as a guard/maybe RT, I hope he skips him.

I am excited by the possibility of the Harold signing and think Yarborough is good depth, but I wouldn’t ignore the position either as an immediate contributor early or someone more questionable later in the draft. DE currently has an old player with expiring contract, mediocre player with expiring contract, injury prone player, questionable depth player and a wild card.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Im pretty much dead set on Hockenson and to a lesser degree Oliver and will be dissapointed if we dont take one of them.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Has Pauline ever nailed anything Brandon Beane era? Just curious of the validity of this.

To me i dont think you can believe anything from any media at this time of year especially those that arent Bills media and not around the management
So many teams "leak" draft "intentions" a few weeks before the draft. It's all just a giant pot of bullshit.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
There were a lot of people saying that the Bills were hot after Josh Allen last year. I heard it enough that I was actually surprised when he ended up being our guy. I figured it was smoke screen since he was really the main Qb we kept being linked with.

Though I take the Jonah Williams stuff with a grain of salt, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if there was truth to it.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
31g3141ed1s21.jpg

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Optimism prevails as the Bills get set to begin offseason workouts

j1raqabswirb1vcl4haq.jpg

Attendance is voluntary, not mandatory.

The first few weeks of work are just conditioning drills, not football.

Even so, optimism abounds at One Bills Drive, as the players return for the offseason conditioning program starting Monday.

There’s more optimism and enthusiasm about the Bills prospects than they’ve had in recent memory from both in and outside the walls of the Bills headquarters.

The opening of the gleaming new state-of-the-art Sports Performance Center is the perfect metaphor for the Bills organized, upbeat attack on the 2019 season. With the schedule release likely within the next week, and the draft less than two weeks away, the drum beat of positive vibes from Orchard Park will get more pronounced in the next several weeks.

“It looks pretty good in Buffalo,” NFL Network’s Kyle Brandt said on his ‘Good Morning Football’ show this week. “I’m more excited about the Bills right now than I have been in half a decade.”

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDislikeEich

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I think the Hockenson hype has gotten a little out of hand. Now Gonk is the comparison? I could see a Witten/Olson type if he hits his ceiling, but Hock is not going to be rag-dolling and dragging around defenders like Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad