Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL mock draft: Huge trade kicks off new 4-round projections

By: Luke Easterling | April 3, 2019 10:44 am ET

15. Buffalo Bills (from WAS)* | Jawaan Taylor | OT | Florida

Helping Josh Allen has to be the focus of this draft, and while free agency has added some solid pieces to the offensive line and receiver group, they could still use a stud for each. Here they give Allen the top tackle in the draft, who can play either side, and add an extra pick in the process.

40. Buffalo Bills | JJ Arcega-Whiteside | WR | Stanford
46. Buffalo Bills (from WAS)* | Amani Oruwariye | CB | Penn State
74. Buffalo Bills | David Montgomery | RB | Iowa State
112. Buffalo Bills | Trysten Hill | DL | UCF
131. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Emeke Egbule | LB | Houston

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Patrick Mahomes accepts Josh Allen's farthest-throw challenge: 'It's going to take at least 85 yards to win'

Every year, the NFL world judges quarterback prospects based on all kinds of traits. There's accuracy, pocket presence, ability to read defenses, touch, velocity, how they navigate blitzes and pressure, and of course, arm strength. Over the past several years, two quarterbacks lauded for the latter trait are Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen, whose scouting reports each contained phrases along the lines of "best arm strength of any prospect in years."

Mahomes had more success during his first season as a starter than Allen, but both players certainly showed off their arm strength during the 2018 campaign. In fact, Allen actually completed the longest pass of the season, per NFL.com's NextGen Stats.

Earlier this offseason, Allen floated the idea that he and Mahomes should engage in a longest throw competition to determine who really has the stronger arm. Mahomes seemingly accepted on Twitter, but not officially. Until this week.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
I know there is a lot of talk about not drafting for need and taking the best player available but I do not see them ignoring 3-technique or Edge rusher in round one or two.

2019 NFL mock draft: Huge trade kicks off new 4-round projections

By: Luke Easterling | April 3, 2019 10:44 am ET

15. Buffalo Bills (from WAS)* | Jawaan Taylor | OT | Florida

Helping Josh Allen has to be the focus of this draft, and while free agency has added some solid pieces to the offensive line and receiver group, they could still use a stud for each. Here they give Allen the top tackle in the draft, who can play either side, and add an extra pick in the process.

40. Buffalo Bills | JJ Arcega-Whiteside | WR | Stanford
46. Buffalo Bills (from WAS)* | Amani Oruwariye | CB | Penn State
74. Buffalo Bills | David Montgomery | RB | Iowa State
112. Buffalo Bills | Trysten Hill | DL | UCF
131. Buffalo Bills (from KC) | Emeke Egbule | LB | Houston

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL Draft: Who is the best pass rusher in this class?

To say the 2019 NFL Draft class has a deep pool of pass rushers is an understatement. This disruptive group is painted all over NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects list, along with every mock drafton the internet.

Expected to go early on Day 1 of this month's draft (you can watch live on NFL Network beginning at 8 p.m. ET on April 25) are pass rushers Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, Quinnen Williams, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins and the list goes on.

After considering all the top talents from this deep position group, who is the best pass rusher in this draft class?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Two names starting to appear a lot in Bills mock drafts

SAL CAPACCIO - APRIL 05, 2019 - 2:01 PM

After all the additions the Bills have made via free agency this offseason, most mock drafters agree the’ll be focused on adding to their defensive line in the first round of the NFL Draft later this month, with one particular name coming up most often. However, there are still some other interesting names and positions from some. Here are the latest mock draft projections for the Bills’ first round pick from various writers and websites:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I mostly agree. Certainly QB and OL/DL are the most impactful positions. I think CB/DB are more impactful than 4-3 LBs though.

I don't think that either of these guys are on our need-radar, but in a vacuum, would people rather have Murphy or White this year?

I'd prefer White, just because I think LB is more of a playmaker than cb in this defensive scheme. But truth be told I'd be disappointed if we drafted either position group in the 1st, even in a trade down scenario.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Bookies only giving Buffalo 6.5 wins next year. Here I’ll go and say that’s silly low they’re only going to be better! But this time I’ll be right! The QB shuffle last year was just didferent

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Kyle Rudolph a good pro comparison for Hock?

Every time I watched him I saw a Jeremy Shockey with elite blocking ability.

Since most seem to agree that we need to add a RB at some point (day 2 or more likely 3), I'm wondering if anyone has any favorite RB options in the draft.

I've made my love for Love well known. I think he's the perfect addition to our backfield. Quick, speedy, and a high end pass catcher out of the backfield. I think he would be Kamara/McCaffrey-lite with a high ceiling. Only reason he will be drafted as low as he will be is because he's coming off an injury.

Who else do you guys like? Anyone else in the quick/speedy/pass catcher variety I should be aware of. The draft notwithstanding, I think that remains one of the biggest holes on the roster (speedy pass catching back), which we didn't address at all in FA.

Give me anyone in the 4th-5th rounds that's quick/shifty and can catch the ball. Sanders, Singletary, Montgomery, Hill, I'd be really happy with any 1 of those 4. Love reminds me a little bit of Thurman, but the pac-12 is allergic to defense, so it's hard to judge how good he actually is.

Reactions: DJB
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Bills' pythagorean was closer to 5-11 than 6-10 last year, but that does take into account the awful stretch with scrub QBs rushed into action. However, those scrub QBs are still the backups and it depends how much you believe in Josh Allen, who is more likely to get injured than any starting QB.

I'm reluctantly positive on Allen, more than I assume most of the national thought is. I like most of the FAs they signed, but realistically they aren't going to result in a significant change in wins.

I could see the defense taking a big step up in the top 10 range since it's mostly intact from last year with promising young talent filling some of the holes. But, defense is always largely dependent on injuries.

Thus, I'd go over 6.5 wins. I think if Allen progresses into an average passer along with his special skill set and the defense improves as it should on paper, they're a 9+ win playoff team.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Bills' pythagorean was closer to 5-11 than 6-10 last year, but that does take into account the awful stretch with scrub QBs rushed into action. However, those scrub QBs are still the backups and it depends how much you believe in Josh Allen, who is more likely to get injured than any starting QB.

I'm reluctantly positive on Allen, more than I assume most of the national thought is. I like most of the FAs they signed, but realistically they aren't going to result in a significant change in wins.

I could see the defense taking a big step up in the top 10 range since it's mostly intact from last year with promising young talent filling some of the holes. But, defense is always largely dependent on injuries.

Thus, I'd go over 6.5 wins. I think if Allen progresses into an average passer along with his special skill set and the defense improves as it should on paper, they're a 9+ win playoff team.

Huh? The defense was ranked SECOND last year in total yards. Can't exactly go much higher than that.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

Yeah, I'm with Zman. I think you have this backwards. The defense will find a hard time repeating their success, especially without Kyle Williams providing pressure up the middle that McDermott says is so crucial to his defensive success. Even if they are able to adequately fill his shoes in the draft, you only have a few depth CBs to "make them better" than last year's #2 defense.

The offense couldn't block in the run game. The offense couldn't block in the passing game. The receivers had a hard time getting open and dropped a significant number of passers that came their way. Why? Because the OL was absolutely terrible! If they have a running game, it opens up more room in the passing game. If they have time to throw and make plays, it opens more room up in the running game. QB is the single most important position on the field, but unless you have an adequate OL, the QB can be rendered insignificant.

I anticipate seeing a night and day transformation on offense, purely based on the coaching and talent level improvements to the OL this offseason. Maybe not ready for the playoffs yet, but at least they should be respectable.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Very interesting that the NFLPA wanted nothing to do with the AAFL but then the NFL is scooping up outcast bodies like it's going out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad