Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Yeah, I think the trade down to get Hockenson is gone. I think its now Hockenson, Oliver or Dillard at #9 or trade down and take J. Williams.

Dillard is an interesting one there. Don't think I've seen or heard anyone talking about him that high.

I don't think Hockenson is any kind of lock to go before the Bills pick either. I don't think he lasts much into the teens but I think the Bills could move back in the right situation & still get him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think the Hockenson hype has gotten a little out of hand. Now Gonk is the comparison? I could see a Witten/Olson type if he hits his ceiling, but Hock is not going to be rag-dolling and dragging around defenders like Gronk.

If he turns out to be a Witten or an Olsen then that's a great piece to have in an offence centered around Allen.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Dillard is an interesting one there. Don't think I've seen or heard anyone talking about him that high.

I don't think Hockenson is any kind of lock to go before the Bills pick either. I don't think he lasts much into the teens but I think the Bills could move back in the right situation & still get him.
If I've learned anything in the decades I've been following the draft, is that just about anything is possible. After all this, Hockenson could end up in the second round. Who knows?

Dillard's name has been coming up a lot more recently from what I've seen. Joe B. has the Bills taking him #11 after a trade back with the Bengals. So, I watched his combine and some game film. Looks pretty impressive and got some "starting LT day 1" type hype from the NFL Network crew.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
If he turns out to be a Witten or an Olsen then that's a great piece to have in an offence centered around Allen.

I agree and I think he'd be a great fit, I just think Gronk comparisons are nuts. Gronk in his prime was the most unstoppable TE anyone had ever seen, and probably one of the best players of all time at breaking tackles.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Athletically he isn't Gronk but the Olsen and Witten comparisons are pretty solid.

He's a game changer for Allen and this offence

From the first time I watched him I've been thinking Witten, I just kept it to myself for a while as it seemed like a lofty comparison. But now that people are calling him Baby Gronk I guess anything's on the table.

Reactions: DJB

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

We’re live from day one of Voluntary Offseason Workouts with GM Brandon Beane, HC Sean McDermott, QB Josh Allen and LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Quick Hits: How Sean McDermott plans to ingrain new players into Bills’ culture
After meeting with the team for the first time in 2019, Sean McDermott talks about how he plans to get the new players up to speed and his immediate goals for offseason workouts.

Bills 2019 Voluntary Offseason Workouts
Bills players arrived back at One Bills Drive on Monday, April 15, for voluntary offseason workouts. Click through to see photos of your favorite Bills players.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

We’re live from day one of Voluntary Offseason Workouts with GM Brandon Beane, HC Sean McDermott, QB Josh Allen and LB Tremaine Edmunds.

Quick Hits: How Sean McDermott plans to ingrain new players into Bills’ culture
After meeting with the team for the first time in 2019, Sean McDermott talks about how he plans to get the new players up to speed and his immediate goals for offseason workouts.

Bills 2019 Voluntary Offseason Workouts
Bills players arrived back at One Bills Drive on Monday, April 15, for voluntary offseason workouts. Click through to see photos of your favorite Bills players.

Watching Brandon Beane is like getting a class on drafting and how GM's think without giving anything away on what we are doing specifically. I feel really good about McDermott and Beane. Josh too, of course.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Value of pre-draft visits goes beyond drafting players

SAL CAPACCIO

All NFL teams are allowed 30 pre-draft visits, according to league rules. If a team brings a player to their facility for a pre-draft visit, there’s a good chance they might be interested in drafting him, if given the opportunity. Of course, no team is drafting 30 players, so they know they won’t be drafting most of those players who come to town. Even if that’s the case, those visits are often really helpful to teams in other ways.

On Monday afternoon, I had a chance to ask Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane about the value and purpose of these visits beyond the obvious. Here are two things he mentioned, that many people probably don’t think about as much:

1.) Getting to know the player if the Bills have to face him
2.) Building a profile if the player ever becomes available

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills expect world-class Sports Performance Center to enhance their game

dma1uweborqh62qquh7j.jpg

It was an investment that Terry and Kim Pegula committed to personally. In the wake of renovations and improvements to New Era Field, a redesign of the team’s locker room, training room and grass practice field expansion over the last few years, the most recent project by the owners of the Bills may prove to be the crown jewel of the enhancements at One Bills Drive.

Last Friday was the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Bills brand-new 41,000 square foot Sports Performance Center, which Bills players will be making use of today as the team’s offseason conditioning program commences.

“In the end we realize all these players are people,” said Kim Pegula. “They have a life off the field. They have a life outside of this facility and outside of Buffalo. They’re real people. They’re human. The health and safety of all the players is paramount, and not just on game day.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The 2019 NFL Draft is now under 10 days away, meaning GM Brandon Beane is closer to being able to add, what he hopes to be, an impact player to his roster. In this episode, Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn discuss their takeaways from Beane's press conference on Monday, what it could mean for their first-round pick, and then they debate the merits of the Bills trading up to attain a player they might not have a chance at drafting at ninth overall. Plus, the first giveaway of the offseason!

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
and then they debate the merits of the Bills trading up to attain a player they might not have a chance at drafting at ninth overall

IMO, if they wanted to trade up for a guy like Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver -- I'm 100% fine with that. Both of those guys should be stud D-linemen. Ideally, we wouldn't give up our 2nd rounder this year (or next year's 1st).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad