Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Another theory making rounds is they will still draft a running back and then trade McCoy now. Interesting

I'm guessing the plan with Bryce Love was always to sit out a year. I think the signing of Yeldon might change their plans with Singletary. Without trading McCoy there probably isn't any room for him. However, love would be a fantastic player to stash with a 4th round pick.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Ed Oliver's rise reminds me of the Marcell Dareus draft. IIRC, for the longest time Nick Fairly was considered the generational DT talent. He had posted 12 sacks and 24 TFL playing in the SEC and was considered a lock to go super high. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Dareus shot up boards in the weeks leading up to the draft and ultimately supplanted Fairly, who fell all the way to 13. Oliver passing Williams would have a very similar feel.

Oliver was getting #1 overall hype for years, tho. It was only during this past season that he slipped a bit due to role mismanagement at Houston and the public spat with his coach. So if Oliver goes first this year its a bit different because it's a return to what people originally thought. My pet theory is that almost everyone rating or mocking Oliver outside their top-5 is either in on or getting suckered by a giant smokescreen being perpetuated by almost every team currently slotted 5-20.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It seems like the teams that want to move back are saying they love the top defensive guys in an attempt to drum up interest as everyone in the top 10 wants one of those top dmen.

Again, this is literally all bullshit and teams should not be reacting to it. Stick to your board and have plans in place.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've decided it would be fun for us to assemble a big board, like we do prior to the Sabres draft. Due to time constraints, we will go up to #9, the Bills pick. I'm hoping we can knock out 2-3 picks a day and be done by Thursday evening. Click the attacked link, submit your selection. Quote this post and tell us who you're picking and give me a name to add, just like the prospects polls. For starters I've included the top 5 in Peter King's mock as well as who I believe to be a board favorite, Ed Oliver.

Bills Big Board #1
Just giving this a bump and requesting add suggestions.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Oliver was getting #1 overall hype for years, tho. It was only during this past season that he slipped a bit due to role mismanagement at Houston and the public spat with his coach. So if Oliver goes first this year its a bit different because it's a return to what people originally thought. My pet theory is that almost everyone rating or mocking Oliver outside their top-5 is either in on or getting suckered by a giant smokescreen being perpetuated by almost every team currently slotted 5-20.

This. Oliver was always considered the #1 pick this draft until a couple weeks into the season then his stock dropped.

Remember when we were so happy with the hockey team when a #1 overall prospect dropped to us due to mono?

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I wonder why he thinks the Bills like Williams and Dillard more than Taylor, who many consider the #1 lineman in the draft.

FWIW, Dillard is growing on me big time. For how much the game is moving more toward passing, him being the best pass blocker might just automatically make him the best OT, even if his run blocking is far from dominant.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've decided it would be fun for us to assemble a big board, like we do prior to the Sabres draft. Due to time constraints, we will go up to #9, the Bills pick. I'm hoping we can knock out 2-3 picks a day and be done by Thursday evening. Click the attacked link, submit your selection. Quote this post and tell us who you're picking and give me a name to add, just like the prospects polls. For starters I've included the top 5 in Peter King's mock as well as who I believe to be a board favorite, Ed Oliver.

Bills Big Board #1
Sorry for calling this just 3 hours later, but with over 50% going for one player and the need to get through 9 picks in 4 days, I'm calling it. With 6/11 votes, Bosa is our winner. Marquise Brown. Here's the next poll, which will go until tomorrow morning.

Copy of Bills Big Board #2

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State (55%)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Sorry for calling this just 3 hours later, but with over 50% going for one player and the need to get through 9 picks in 4 days, I'm calling it. With 6/11 votes, Bosa is our winner. Marquise Brown. Here's the next poll, which will go until tomorrow morning.

Copy of Bills Big Board #2

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State (55%)
I voted for Williams, who I think is the second best player in the draft. Add Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad