Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
GettyImages-51607128.jpg

I think Bruce Smith is a top 2 defensive player all time and I'm old enough to remember all of Reggie White's career. Does anyone agree with me?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAngryHank

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bills still have no excuse. Josh Allen was a top ten pick and Cam Newton is a veteran minimum signing.

Vegas immediately makes the Pats AFC East favorites again.

Newton’s vet min contract is twofold:
1. Injury history.
2. Pats have the leverage to offer the best opportunity.

Vegas sets odds to Pats to draw more money bets.

We should not be surprised.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Vegas and book strategy aside, this is objectively bad news for the Bills' AFCE hopes. About time, I say. All I really had to worry about was CoVid canceling the season, now I can focus on the nightmare of the season happening and a healthy Cam Newton gelling with Belicheck

Reactions: Husko

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Vegas and book strategy aside, this is objectively bad news for the Bills' AFCE hopes. About time, I say. All I really had to worry about was CoVid canceling the season, now I can focus on the nightmare of the season happening and a healthy Cam Newton gelling with Belicheck

I'm so ready for football now. Its on!

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003

Cam is past his prime for sure

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well, winning the division will be a lot tougher now. Still, I think it's reasonable to wonder:

1. Can Cam adapt to a quick hitter type offense that prioritizes high levels of accuracy? And the Pats' weapons aren't all that great outside of Edelman and White. Maybe N'Keal Harry makes a jump, too.

2. Can Cam hold up physically if he's used prominently in the run game like his earlier years in Carolina?

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Cam is past his prime for sure
I agree. But if anyone was going to coax a last gasp out of him, it would be BB and his merry band of Massholes.

Anyway, he'll probably get hurt in an inexplicably played pre-season, and it won't matter. I don't think the nightmare becomes a reality, but it would be very on-brand for the last 20 years of football, and 2020 in general.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Well, winning the division will be a lot tougher now. Still, I think it's reasonable to wonder:

1. Can Cam adapt to a quick hitter type offense that prioritizes high levels of accuracy? And the Pats' weapons aren't all that great outside of Edelman and White. Maybe N'Keal Harry makes a jump, too.

2. Can Cam hold up physically if he's used prominently in the run game like his earlier years in Carolina?

Belichick is far smarter than McDermott. He's not going to make Cam run a Brady style offense. He's going to adopt the offense to take advantage of Cam.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Can’t believe folks are worried about the guy who lost to EJ Manuel during his prime (a season cam went 12-4). He was also one drop by Zay Jones away from losing to TT.

Even with a 12-4 a 15-1 season on his record (both more than 5 years ago), the man is a career .500 QB and has lost his last 8 starts.

Don’t be surprised if he is the backup. The hype train is funny though. Can wait for the bills defense to feast on Cam.

if Josh progresses in year 3, I agree with Schein that the bills still win the division by a few games.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am not worried whatsoever about $cam Newton going to the Pats. Newton is 31, very injury prone and is simply a QB in the 15-20 range at best. Josh Allen is better then Newton ainec.

I cannot wait for the first Pats-Bills game when Tre Edmunds will crush Newton on a strip sack and we see either Tre,Levi or Norman scoop it and take it in for 6.

This is the most loaded Bills team since the SB era.

Franchise QB? Check
Elite #1 WR? Check
High End #2 WR who would be a #1 on several teams? Check
Reliable High end #3 slot WR? Check
2 tough, powerful RBs who can combine for 120 yards a game? Check

Borderline elite DL? Check
All-Pro Caliber MLB? Check
Superstar CB? Check
Top 2-3 Safety Duo in the league? Check

The OL is at worst average to above average. The LBs to go with Edmunds are high quality. The TEs, while not elite, between Knox and Sweeney and possibly Kroft are more then capable.

The CBs after White are arguably the biggest question mark on D but between Wallace, Norman, Johnson and Gaines I think they will end up being a top 5-10 unit.

The only true weaknesses on the team are at P and K, and with us drafting a K who will likely win the job I am confident there. I also think we will bring in a replacement for Bojorquez this off season too. Drafting Fromm was also a boon for us as I think he is miles ahead of Barkley if Allen ends up missing time. Maybe not this year but by 2021 I think Fromm can develop into a high end backup. He could be our Rob Johnson/Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett, a backup QB who shows flashes of being a viable starter who can return a real nice trade package.

Even if there isn't a single fan inside the stadium for games, this Bills squad is still the team to beat.

And speaking of our elite MLB, it is crazy that he is entering his 3rd season, 2 100+ tackle campaigns under his belt and is still younger then 9 of the 32 1st round picks this past draft. And of the 23 younger then him, half of them are younger by mere months. Edmunds has Wall of Fame written all over him, and if things go right for us maybe an actual Hall of Fame. He did something no one has done before, 2 100+ tackle seasons by the age of 21.

Last edited:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Newton could be scary playing for the Pats/BB - but at this point I think his health is by far the biggest question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad