Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I am not worried whatsoever about $cam Newton going to the Pats. Newton is 31, very injury prone and is simply a QB in the 15-20 range at best. Josh Allen is better then Newton ainec.

I cannot wait for the first Pats-Bills game when Tre Edmunds will crush Newton on a strip sack and we see either Tre,Levi or Norman scoop it and take it in for 6.

This is the most loaded Bills team since the SB era.

Franchise QB? Check
Elite #1 WR? Check
High End #2 WR who would be a #1 on several teams? Check
Reliable High end #3 slot WR? Check
2 tough, powerful RBs who can combine for 120 yards a game? Check

Borderline elite DL? Check
All-Pro Caliber MLB? Check
Superstar CB? Check
Top 2-3 Safety Duo in the league? Check

The OL is at worst average to above average. The LBs to go with Edmunds are high quality. The TEs, while not elite, between Knox and Sweeney and possibly Kroft are more then capable.

The CBs after White are arguably the biggest question mark on D but between Wallace, Norman, Johnson and Gaines I think they will end up being a top 5-10 unit.

The only true weaknesses on the team are at P and K, and with us drafting a K who will likely win the job I am confident there. I also think we will bring in a replacement for Bojorquez this off season too. Drafting Fromm was also a boon for us as I think he is miles ahead of Barkley if Allen ends up missing time. Maybe not this year but by 2021 I think Fromm can develop into a high end backup. He could be our Rob Johnson/Jimmy G/Jacoby Brissett, a backup QB who shows flashes of being a viable starter who can return a real nice trade package.

Even if there isn't a single fan inside the stadium for games, this Bills squad is still the team to beat.

And speaking of our elite MLB, it is crazy that he is entering his 3rd season, 2 100+ tackle campaigns under his belt and is still younger then 9 of the 32 1st round picks this past draft. And of the 23 younger then him, half of them are younger by mere months. Edmunds has Wall of Fame written all over him, and if things go right for us maybe an actual Hall of Fame. He did something no one has done before, 2 100+ tackle seasons by the age of 21.
I’d put “potential” in front of every positional category with the exception of CB / Trey White. Until those positional units meet those standards consistently, I think it should be caveated. Agree they are possibly as well- rounded as the SB years, but parity due to Free Agency has really narrowed the gap.

While my heart shares your optimism, my wallet/betting mindset does not.

Reactions: is the answer jesus

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If you think he's not healthy Vegas just moved NE into the favorite spot...

There's your opportunity to take the house down.

I wouldn't bet against NE/BB no matter who they have at QB.

I don't like this talk of having the Bills as overwhelming favourites it makes me a little uneasy.

But make no mistake I think Newton is done. Hasn't he lost something like 8 straight starts?

There's a reason why Carolina dumped him for Teddy B. Nothing against Teddy - but if Newton is even showing glimpses of returning to his best form - they don't make that move.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
I wouldn't bet against NE/BB no matter who they have at QB.

I don't like this talk of having the Bills as overwhelming favourites it makes me a little uneasy.

But make no mistake I think Newton is done. Hasn't he lost something like 8 straight starts?

There's a reason why Carolina dumped him for Teddy B. Nothing against Teddy - but if Newton is even showing glimpses of returning to his best form - they don't make that move.

I don't buy that. New coach who wants to be the big dog..new coaches want their own QB. Bridgewater is a stop gap.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If you have any doubt that Kim is incompetent read this article about her perfect plan.
Buffalo Bills: How Well Do You Know the Front Office?
Chuck LaMattina is credited with creating the financial structure of PSE and all of the sports teams associated with it. When the Bills were owned by Ralph Wilson, all of the finances of the team were handled outside the organization. LaMattina started from scratch and developed a financial department, which started with hiring Josh Dziurlikowski who handled the Bills’ finances in Detroit and naming him the team’s controller. He also hired four other staff members to help with accounting and payroll. Chuck LaMattina’s master of a mind helped fix the financial situation in Buffalo when the Pegulas took over.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
With Covid skyrocketing, hitting new record highs every day now, I’m starting to feel like all the talk of football (and other sports) coming back this year may be a pipe dream. I don’t see how they can possibly do it safely with the situation raging so out of control. Regardless of what the leagues are saying publicly right now. Things are getting worse, not better, with no end in sight. It certainly won’t be under control a few months from now.

Would somehow be a pretty Billsy outcome, to assemble the strongest roster and highest expectations in decades, only to lose the season to a once-in-a-century pandemic. But I’m starting to have significant doubts that there will be a season this year.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
With Covid skyrocketing, hitting new record highs every day now, I’m starting to feel like all the talk of football (and other sports) coming back this year may be a pipe dream. I don’t see how they can possibly do it safely with the situation raging so out of control. Regardless of what the leagues are saying publicly right now. Things are getting worse, not better, with no end in sight. It certainly won’t be under control a few months from now.

Would somehow be a pretty Billsy outcome, to assemble the strongest roster and highest expectations in decades, only to lose the season to a once-in-a-century pandemic. But I’m starting to have significant doubts that there will be a season this year.

I really think the NFL will plow through, pandemic or no pandemic.

I also think we will learn a lot from the baseball restart. If they close up shop during their shortened season, then I’ll change my mind about the season. I don’t see how you have an NFL season (way more players and staff) if the MLB can’t even do it.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I’d put “potential” in front of every positional category with the exception of CB / Trey White. Until those positional units meet those standards consistently, I think it should be caveated. Agree they are possibly as well- rounded as the SB years, but parity due to Free Agency has really narrowed the gap.

While my heart shares your optimism, my wallet/betting mindset does not.

I may be very high on the 2020 Bills and very optimistic but I don't think I overstated any of those positions in terms of their overall talent/likely production.

You agreed upon White...that is definitely a fact that he is a superstar CB and is at worst the 1B CB in the league tied with Gilmore.

Tremaine Edmunds though is absolutely an all pro caliber MLBer. The guy just turned 22 and is already entering his 3rd season as a captain with TWO 100+ Tackle seasons under his belt. Remember, MLBs do not accumulate big sack #s. Two of the best MLBers in the last 25 years were Derrick Brooks and Brian Urlacher. In 224 career games Derrick Brooks had 13.5 career sacks. Urlacher had 41.5 in 182 games but actually had a whopping 9 sacks in his last 7 seasons.9 sacks his last 93 games. Urlacher actually played safety in college and OLB. He was not drafted as a MLB and was not placed as the MLB right away until injuries and circumstance pushed him into being the MLB. I had read a few scouting reports that have said Edmunds had Urlacher level potential. We did not get the pressure from the DEs in Edmunds first 2 seasons that he needed in order to rack up some sacks. With Addison in place who is a consistent 9+ sack guy, and with Hughes hopefully rebounding and Murphy and Epenesa also in place along with our other UFA DL additions this is the year I think our DL will produce enough to allow the Edmunds and Milanos to accumulate the sacks. Especially with how good our CBs can/will be making it more likely opposing QBs will have to hold onto the ball and take the coverage sack.

In Edmunds first 31 games, he has compiled 3.5 sacks, 3 picks, 236 tackles, 15 TFL,21 PD and 2 FF all by the age of 21. The fact that he has put up those numbers being the leader of the defense wearing the headset all while being at an age where 99% of all college players are still R-SO or R-Jrs at age 21 that just absolutely amazes me. I truly think Oliver-Edmunds-White will end up being the best DL-LB-CB trio in the entire league as soon as 2021. White is the "old man" of the three and he is going to be just 25 during the entire 2020 season. Edmunds is going to be 22 the entire 2020 season and so will Oliver. Just with those 3 guys locked in place for the next 5-6 years we will always have a top 10 defense IMO.

I will talk about the other positions which I gave lofty praise to later when I am not typing this on my phone while stuck in traffic. And with Newton signing with the Pats and Vegas most likely going to make them the favorites yet again for the division you may want to rethink your betting mindset and take the Bills..you are clearly an intelligent person. And hell, anyone who bet big on the over on the Bills last year would have booked quite the win!

If we were still cursed with the near 20 year drought and didn't have a damn good coach/GM duo who got us to the post season 2 of the last 3 seasons then of course I would not be so high on this team. But its time to take this team real serious. We have added some MAJOR talent the last couple years and the scary thing is the vast majority of them are all young and in their 20s still. This team is set up to be a perennial contender for the next 5-6 years. In the mid-late 90s when we were making playoff appearances we were very old at the time wringing out the very last bit of high end performance from aging star players. But this iteration of the Bills is the opposite, we are getting wins and have compiled a deep and talented roster based on youth. I take the 2020 Bills over ANY Bills team from 95-99. And after this upcoming season depending how much Allen progresses and Diggs clicks with him then we could be comparing them to one of the squads from 90-94.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Thanks to Texas, California, Arizona and Florida the NFL season is really in doubt - we're a month away from training camps, there is no way teams in those states can hold training camps there - the NFL must be working on plans on what to do with teams who are in hot zones.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Thanks to Texas, California, Arizona and Florida the NFL season is really in doubt - we're a month away from training camps, there is no way teams in those states can hold training camps there - the NFL must be working on plans on what to do with teams who are in hot zones.
Lawmakers should have just been told, Make your people wear facemasks or there is no football.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Not super related to strictly Bills talk but just wanna throw in my two cents. I worked local news for Charlotte for several years and with Cam in particular and he is the most confounding human being on the planet. He has no sense of being a “man of the people” in that he lives in a bubble. Literally, he is the most manufactured and polished athlete I’ve ever interviewed. Nothing he says is sincere unless he is in front of a camera and when those moments happen, he’s a robot.

With that said, he’s an absolute warrior of a player and someone who can certainly drag New England to sweeps of MIA and NYJ if he wants to and is on.

As a fan, from going to every home game they’ve had for the past few years and seeing him up close, he’s done. The sentiment in the locker room in Carolina for over a year has been that he’s done. He is going to throw for a lot of yards if he starts from day one in NE, but he has f***ed up his footwork and lost his own confidence in himself to make every throw and once that happens, you’re done. I loved seeing him play but considering his mentality and his mechanics, I suspect Stidham will be starting before mid-season.

but that’s just my two cents. Who knows. As a Bills fan, though, I’m not the least bit worried.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not super related to strictly Bills talk but just wanna throw in my two cents. I worked local news for Charlotte for several years and with Cam in particular and he is the most confounding human being on the planet. He has no sense of being a “man of the people” in that he lives in a bubble. Literally, he is the most manufactured and polished athlete I’ve ever interviewed. Nothing he says is sincere unless he is in front of a camera and when those moments happen, he’s a robot.

With that said, he’s an absolute warrior of a player and someone who can certainly drag New England to sweeps of MIA and NYJ if he wants to and is on.

As a fan, from going to every home game they’ve had for the past few years and seeing him up close, he’s done. The sentiment in the locker room in Carolina for over a year has been that he’s done. He is going to throw for a lot of yards if he starts from day one in NE, but he has f***ed up his footwork and lost his own confidence in himself to make every throw and once that happens, you’re done. I loved seeing him play but considering his mentality and his mechanics, I suspect Stidham will be starting before mid-season.

but that’s just my two cents. Who knows. As a Bills fan, though, I’m not the least bit worried.

Thanks for the post this confirms my thoughts & suspicions.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

If the Dolphins come to Buffalo, are they even allowed to play? Don't they need to quarentine for 14 days?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It's a long time from now until September. Traveling teams are essentially quarantined, well at least until they start banging helmets on the field. Whether they fly day of the game and go from plane to bus to stadium to bus to plane or the day before and go plane to bus to hotel to bus to stadium to bus to plane their interaction with the public is limited. The NFL may have some type of team bubble in place where players and their families are supposed to stay home except if at the team facility. 8-10 weeks is an eternity in covid time so who knows what late August/early September will bring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->