Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Continued from here: OT: - Buffalo Bills 2020 Continued

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-draft-grades-dolphins-soar-patriots-perplex

Brandon Beane took care of his biggest need last month, giving up a package of picks, including this year's first-rounder, for WR Stefon Diggs. However, we're grading purely on the work done on draft weekend here (their grade would be higher if the Diggs deal was being taken into account). Beane still did a good job with his remaining capital, though! He found a first-round-caliber player late in Round 2. Epenesa was once considered a likely top-15 pick, but fell out of favor with the draft cognoscenti due in part to an NFL Scouting Combine workout that didn't inspire. That said, he filled Buffalo's top need entering the draft and was one of the best values in the draft, according to NFL Network draft expert Daniel Jeremiah. I like it, and can say the same thing for the selection of Moss, a violent runner who fills the void left by Frank Gore. Now, I would have preferred to see Buffalo go with a corner with its first pick on Day 3 ( Josiah Scott? Amik Robertson?) with Josh Norman in decline and playing on a one-year deal, but I understand the allure of continuing to add weaponry for Josh Allen, and the Bills did find value at the corner position with the selection of Jackson in the final round. Davis has the size and catch radius to snag Allen's throws downfield and Hodgins is another tall tree who can go up and get it. The Fromm pick was an eyebrow-raiser, but I can't argue with the value. Weird things happen on Day 3, as I was also surprised they decided to reel in Bass in Round 6, but hey, he was arguably the best kicker in the draft. Sorry, Stephen Hauschka.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I was going to post a 'way too early' roster projection but these guys beat me to it.

(where there is a / the guys were not in agreement with each other)

QB: Allen, Barkley, Fromm
RB: Singletary, Moss, Yeldon, Jones, Dimarco/Gilliam
WR: Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis, Hodgins, Roberts, Mckenzie
TE: Knox, Kroft, Sweeney
OL: Dawkins, Ford, Feliciano, Spain, Morse, Nsekhe, Williams, Long, Bates (Adams likely stashed on IR)?
DL: Hughes, Addison, Epenesa, Jefferson, Oliver, Lotuleiei, Butler, Phillips (Murphy maybe traded)?
LB: Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Matakevich, Joseph, Thompson
DB: White, Norman, Wallace, Neal, T Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, J Johnson, Marlowe/Gaines
ST: Ferguson, Vedvik, Hauschka/Bass

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

From the last thread - this is the Beane PC.

Go to 5:30 to 7:30 for kicker talk & where he confirmed my suspicion they would consider Vedvik as a secondary kicker & KOS.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Beane mentions in the above PC that he was trying to trade up '3 or 4 spots with an NFC team' but their guy was then taken.

I assumed this was for Trevon Diggs in the second since everything else fits.

The teams '3 or 4 spots' ahead of the Bills in the 4th were all AFC teams - so if you are taking his words literally then it couldn't have been Stenberg he was trying for.

I'd have loved to move up in the 4th & pick Kvon Wallace in front of the Eagles tho - would easily have been the pick of the draft for the Bills IMO.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Beane mentions in the above PC that he was trying to trade up '3 or 4 spots with an NFC team' but their guy was then taken.

The teams '3 or 4 spots' ahead of the Bills in the 4th were all AFC teams - so if you are taking his words literally then it couldn't have been Stenberg he was trying for.

I'd have loved to move up in the 4th & pick Kvon Wallace in front of the Eagles tho - would easily have been the pick of the draft for the Bills IMO.
Assuming it was Dallas.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

Assuming it was Dallas.

Joe B thought it was in the 6th round, with the Panthers, to pick one of the OL which went just beforehand (Adeniji, Muti, Onwenu). I guess the 4th round with Dallas for Stenberg fits too. I'm pretty sure Beane's comment was from the day 3 presser, so I assume it referred to a day 3 pick.

Honestly I think Beane is thankful to Dallas for picking Diggs, because I don't think he would have been the pick there (even though I like him), and it spared Beane from a potentially delicate situation.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
(rhymes with Hairolina):D

That reminds me that Carolina this year became the first team to draft exclusively defensive players.

3zae2v.jpg

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Joe B thought it was in the 6th round, with the Panthers, to pick one of the OL which went just beforehand (Adeniji, Muti, Onwenu). I guess the 4th round with Dallas for Stenberg fits too. I'm pretty sure Beane's comment was from the day 3 presser, so I assume it referred to a day 3 pick.

Honestly I think Beane is thankful to Dallas for picking Diggs, because I don't think he would have been the pick there (even though I like him), and it spared Beane from a potentially delicate situation.

Totally agree 100%. I wouldn't have been upset if we took Diggs but I want Stefon totally happy. While I don't think he would have been upset if we didn't take his bro it definitely was a great thing we weren't put in that situation.

This could be the best Bills squad top to bottom since the SB days. We are LOADED.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I'd be all for it, but I think he'll have more attractive options, like starting in New England
Possible , id also be good with him as a proven starter with experience, suck to miss the post season due to injury ,he would make a solid plan B.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
I'd be all for it, but I think he'll have more attractive options, like starting in New England

dalton is gonna cost $6-$8MM and the pats have basically zero capspace, i think $2MM, so they will have to make a significant move to make space for the red rifle. like maybe trading their 2nd team all-pro guard with whom they can't come to a contract? or maybe dalton would take a humungous discount (like 50% +) to start for the pats?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad