Dreger: BUF possibly keeping Taylor Hall off roster for precautionary reasons.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A first-rounder would have to head Buffalo's way in order for them to retain 50% no problem. It's valuable for contenders in that sense.
That increases the value for Buffalo, but Hall's full NMC also decreases the value.

Both are ultimately small factors though. The amount of money to be paid that's left is not a lot. It's no trouble at all for Buffalo to retain full 50%. Probably any team he'd waive to would need that to happen

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
this would be awful for LA. No need for Hall and no LA should not be using assets for a pending UFA. I wouldn’t do it for Walker alone.
I disagree trading Walker opens a spot for Strand. Who imo is not only bigger but more of a offensive defenseman then Walker which this team is in desperate need of. We have also been adding alot of new prospect now in Ontario. As for the 2nd we have 2 and let be honest do we really need another prospect. At some point enough is enough.

As for Hall it would give us a look at one of the better ufas coming up in the summer. I think he might click with Kopitar or even Gabe. This team needs more offensive player and like it or not Hall can be one of the best in the league. If he don't fit in what really did we lose? a pick we had two and a defenseman that will be pushed out eventually do to a reshaping of our defense.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
He sucks, max value we get is a 2nd.
I would take a 2nd and RUN! Barely noticeable and doesn't use his teammates at all. I remember thinking the same thing when he played for the Oilers years ago and then got excited and trapped when the Sabres signed him. Good riddance.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think the blues will make a play for him

200.gif

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Does anybody else think Hall may of had covid in off season? Going by his play this year and Staal said in radio interview in Montreal that several Sabres had bad bouts of covid in off season. Were not the same this year.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
How sad are people gonna be when Halls traded for a conditional 3rd. Holy I saw Robertson’s name in proposals lmaooooooooo

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
In all reality, im thinking we see the value around what Vanek got when he moved to Montreal. Vanek and a 5th for Colberg and a 2nd.
Esentially a prospect who was 2 years removed from being a 2nd round pick, who had ok progression but ended up being a bust, plus a 2nd round pick.
Vanke was also on an expiring deal, making just around 7.1m.
  • Vanek had better stats (44 points in 47 games) but had never won the league MVP.
  • Vanek didnt need money retained
  • Both were/are considered to be a secondary piece. Not the main piece needed to win in the playoffs.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I'm sorry but I just can't my head around the fact that Hall has only 2 goals in 37 games. TWO goals. Are you kidding me. And he might be worth a 1st round pick? He must be hurt or is he wearing his skates on the wrong feet?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad