Dreger: BUF possibly keeping Taylor Hall off roster for precautionary reasons.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
You don't trade a 1st or top prospect for Hall unless you know for sure you can re-sign him at a good price. While extremely talented a few weeks of him is not worth that price IMO

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
You don't trade a 1st or top prospect for Hall unless you know for sure you can re-sign him at a good price. While extremely talented a few weeks of him is not worth that price IMO
I don't think Hall is ever getting close to MVP status again. He is better than what he has shown in Buffalo, but I won't be surprised if being just a little better than he is in Buffalo right now, is him for the rest of his career.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why can't I shake the feeling that Halls nest long term contract will be an anchor?

I don't want him in Montreal unless the price is soooo loooow that he's a justifiable experiment. But after that....bye....

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I don't see the point of Buffalo taking futures for Hall, their roster and prospect pool is stacked with high picks throughout the last decade and they're still a dumpster fire. I really don't see how a late 1st this season helps them going forward.

Why can't I shake the feeling that Halls nest long term contract will be an anchor?

I don't want him in Montreal unless the price is soooo loooow that he's a justifiable experiment. But after that....bye....

Nobody is giving Hall a long term contract

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don't see the point of Buffalo taking futures for Hall, their roster and prospect pool is stacked with high picks throughout the last decade and they're still a dumpster fire. I really don't see how a late 1st this season helps them going forward.

Nobody is giving Hall a long term contract

But what can a contender offer that they’d want to remove from their contending roster. An NHL ready prospect may be appealing but an NHL ready prospect with any significant ceiling is more valuable to any team than a late 1st. A late 1st Buffalo can package to move up or with some of their prospects to go after impact players, but I don’t see anyone giving up a worthwhile player for Hall.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I could see a 1st being worth it if it were conditional on playoff performance.

Maybe a good prospect + conditional 1st. If he bombs it could even be a 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad