Dreger: BUF possibly keeping Taylor Hall off roster for precautionary reasons.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
less.

He is Taylor Hall, but he isn't "Taylor Hall". Hes a shell of his former self and has scored 2 goals. Now if he scored 10 or 12 goals, sure. Any GM paying that price is stupid and should be fired. The only way hall fetches a 1st or 2nd is if buffalo throws in a second. Hes gonna get less than Staal.

30 games isn’t going to make Taylor Hall worthless. I guess in a few days we will know the answer

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I started a thread on just how bad he’s sucked. Trust me, I know. But that’s where the number of teams factors in and where GMs either earn their dough or make bad moves- plenty of playoff teams need scoring, and he’s one of the best options available in that regard (ya I know, 2 goals. See Staal last night for how quickly that sorta concern can change). Personally I’d probably pass myself, but someone will bite. Boston, for instance- I don’t see them winning a cup with their current roster. If you can manage to make Hall work that prognosis instantly changes. That said, dude looks like a worser Kessel currently, so the point is taken that his current play matters.

If Boston sees themselves signing him longterm after it's a different story, I'm sure with some rehab and time to fix his game he can bounce back to 60+ points if he stays healthy. If it's a one-and-done rental, he's a gamble unless you're sure it's Buffalo dragging him down and not the injuries. As much as a bad system will hurt your production, it's not responsible for you being visibly slower than the rest of your career.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
The return on Hall will be really interesting, but I mean at this rate cut your losses Buffalo and move on. I'm not going to say I'm happy Hall is playing this poorly, I want both him and Buffalo to live up to their potential. With that said, him signing that contract last season with the clear intention of cashing out in summer 2021 definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Already 1-0 without him.
hes a pouter and miserly grump.

He brings down the morale and effectiveness of those around him. He didn't gel with McDavid and betted against the teams PP scoring a goal in practice, while he was a member of that PP. Hall is about as close to worthless as you can get. His stats this year and the last 3 years prove this. Hes been declining for 3 years now and its only going to get worse.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Was listening to the hockey central podcast and Anthony Stewart said that he heard from someone that the Minnesota wild were a darkhorse for Taylor Hall. The others chimed in that they've heard that others think that Bill Guerin wants to do something for the team and possibly a big splash which Taylor hall would be. Now I highly doubt there going after hall but at this point anything is possible.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
If my math is correct and it probably is not ..

Buffalo can retain 50% to lower his aav to 4m

A second party could retain 50% of that to make him 2m

Hall has already recieved 67% of his pay so he's only due 33% more.

The acquiring team only needs 660k in accumulated cap space today.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
JTC for Hall @50% retained to get the bad proposals going. Avs will also take a pick if the Sabres insist.
Don't forget to add the lube to buffalo's side of the deal.

tenor.gif

Reactions: missionAvs

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Hall lands up with the Habs, i will need schizoid medication. I will be torn between hating his lazy butt and elated on the potential.

As long as it's for leftovers and not a first.

Then there is the threat of a long term contract that should NEVER happen.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Sorry, Hall is a proven cancer on multiple teams. His return value at this time is a small bag of pucks. Literally.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
hes a pouter and miserly grump.

He brings down the morale and effectiveness of those around him. He didn't gel with McDavid and betted against the teams PP scoring a goal in practice, while he was a member of that PP. Hall is about as close to worthless as you can get. His stats this year and the last 3 years prove this. Hes been declining for 3 years now and its only going to get worse.

He played about 45 games with McDavid, so can't really say he didn't gel. He had 65 pts that year and McDavid missed 30+ games.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I think the Oilers get him back on Monday, likely for a 100th round pick.
John Shannon has already said they are in on him and want him/RNH signed for a total of 12 MILL US for next year. I think he just signs in EDM if he doesn't get traded there. He has wanted to go back there when he was signing in Buffalo

He would be 3rd/4th fiddle in Edmonton. No pressure

LW with a bigger impact on their team's shot-attempt differential than Taylor Hall this season: - Brad Marchand - That's the list

Reactions: McOilers97

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
John Shannon has already said they are in on him and want him/RNH signed for a total of 12 MILL US for next year. I think he just signs in EDM if he doesn't get traded there. He has wanted to go back there when he was signing in Buffalo

He would be 3rd/4th fiddle in Edmonton. No pressure

LW with a bigger impact on their team's shot-attempt differential than Taylor Hall this season: - Brad Marchand - That's the list
Damn, I just saw that his shooting % is 2.3 this season...thats insane lol

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Damn, I just saw that his shooting % is 2.3 this season...thats insane lol
Hall will help any team as long as he is a complimentary piece. Not "The Guy".

People are kidding themselves if they think he would not produce on a good to great team with better guys already there.

That also requires him to take a reasonable contract offer as well later. He cannot be paid as a teams top guy

Reactions: McOilers97

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Was listening to the hockey central podcast and Anthony Stewart said that he heard from someone that the Minnesota wild were a darkhorse for Taylor Hall. The others chimed in that they've heard that others think that Bill Guerin wants to do something for the team and possibly a big splash which Taylor hall would be. Now I highly doubt there going after hall but at this point anything is possible.

Because what the wild really need is a LW

Reactions: sisseton

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

So Buffalo's end value is going to likely be less then a straight up offer for Hall.

Team acquiring Hall is now paying cost to Buffalo, and 3rd party for cap space. Buffalo probably loses value going to the 3rd party.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I don’t know the exact percentage left but it’s under 25% but use that

50% retained by 2 teams gets him to $2M in cap space value and he would be owed $500K in real money after 75% retained.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He's been pulled off, to make those who are interested, believe that there is more interest than reality, to drive up the price. Smart.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Dude's been trash from the limited games I've seen. I'd be happy with a 2nd round pick + a B level prospect, but his value around the league is hard to gauge. Hopefully name recognition carries some weight because if teams are valuing him based off this season, then a 2nd round pick is too high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->