Dreger: BUF possibly keeping Taylor Hall off roster for precautionary reasons.

Jan 21, 2018
I think it's really funny when people post pejorative nicknames for a GM and then propose a completely asinine deal in the next sentence.

Hmmm, maybe not really funny, but funny in a slapstick kind of way.

He has like 50 posts on this site and 90% of them are trashing the Leafs, it’s better to just ignore trolls that don’t contribute to this site.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don't know what his value will be even at 50% retained. Really tough to measure. Will Buffalo get a 1st? I have some doubts about that.
There’s no way he gets a first and doesn’t probably even get a second. He’s scored 2 goals.

Reactions: TFHockey

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You honestly don't think Hall at $4M is worth a 2nd round pick...?
less.

He is Taylor Hall, but he isn't "Taylor Hall". Hes a shell of his former self and has scored 2 goals. Now if he scored 10 or 12 goals, sure. Any GM paying that price is stupid and should be fired. The only way hall fetches a 1st or 2nd is if buffalo throws in a second. Hes gonna get less than Staal.

P10p

May 15, 2012
less.

He is Taylor Hall, but he isn't "Taylor Hall". Hes a shell of his former self and has scored 2 goals. Now if he scored 10 or 12 goals, sure. Any GM paying that price is stupid and should be fired. The only way hall fetches a 1st or 2nd is if buffalo throws in a second. Hes gonna get less than Staal.

Cant wait to see people circle back and roast you on this post...

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Cant wait to see people circle back and roast you on this post...

if Hall wins the cup this year and is a major contributor sure, roast me. If he's traded and burns out and flops on his new team do I get to roast you?

Chances are he won't contribute much and some stupid GM is gonna give too much for him. Hall is a bum.

Reactions: banks

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Lol

you're looking for help this year in a league that is "what have you done for me lately". Not too mention hes been on a steady decline since his the year he miraculously won't the Hart. Hes a selfish bum of a player that isn't a team guy. He says the right things but his actions say otherwise.

..ya, NHL GMs are paid to be smarter than that. I don’t even like Hall as a player, but arguing “what have you done for me lately” is incredibly silly.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
..ya, NHL GMs are paid to be smarter than that. I don’t even like Hall as a player, but arguing “what have you done for me lately” is incredibly silly.
Hall must the most unlucky hockey player in the world. Every team he's went to has declined during his tenure (outside of one year in NJ which is likely a fluke) OR he's been a large reason for that decline.

There was smoke for years about Hall not being a team player in Edmonton for year. Theres been smoke on Hall for years about his attitude. Taylor Hall is a damaged asset

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019

Ya, that's a poor way to explain his argument. But he's not totally wrong. The most important string of games to evaluate a player on are his recent ones. Hall has been abysmal this season. And what Hall has done lately is incredibly relevant.

He's looked worse than Skinner or Okposo in the bits I've seen them. I'm sure a case can be made that he's worth a 1st or 2nd. But I wouldn't pay that if I was a buyer. Less goals this year than Cody Ceci or Marc Staal. Abysmal.

Reactions: Declassified

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Hall should come to the Sens for a tryout. We can prob do a 2nd with some extras if he signs here after.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I'm sure Hall's numbers before his injuries are more important than his numbers this year when he's only playing a handful of games for you. This isn't about what Hall will do for you long-term if he bounces back someday, it's about what he's capable of right now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hall must the most unlucky hockey player in the world. Every team he's went to has declined during his tenure (outside of one year in NJ which is likely a fluke) OR he's been a large reason for that decline.

There was smoke for years about Hall not being a team player in Edmonton for year. Theres been smoke on Hall for years about his attitude. Taylor Hall is a damaged asset

Ya, that's a poor way to explain his argument. But he's not totally wrong. The most important string of games to evaluate a player on are his recent ones. Hall has been abysmal this season. And what Hall has done lately is incredibly relevant.

He's looked worse than Skinner or Okposo in the bits I've seen them. I'm sure a case can be made that he's worth a 1st or 2nd. But I wouldn't pay that if I was a buyer. Less goals this year than Cody Ceci or Marc Staal. Abysmal.

I'm sure Hall's numbers before his injuries are more important than his numbers this year when he's only playing a handful of games for you. This isn't about what Hall will do for you long-term if he bounces back someday, it's about what he's capable of right now.

I started a thread on just how bad he’s sucked. Trust me, I know. But that’s where the number of teams factors in and where GMs either earn their dough or make bad moves- plenty of playoff teams need scoring, and he’s one of the best options available in that regard (ya I know, 2 goals. See Staal last night for how quickly that sorta concern can change). Personally I’d probably pass myself, but someone will bite. Boston, for instance- I don’t see them winning a cup with their current roster. If you can manage to make Hall work that prognosis instantly changes. That said, dude looks like a worser Kessel currently, so the point is taken that his current play matters.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I started a thread on just how bad he’s sucked. Trust me, I know. But that’s where the number of teams factors in and where GMs either earn their dough or make bad moves- plenty of playoff teams need scoring, and he’s one of the best options available in that regard (ya I know, 2 goals. See Staal last night for how quickly that sorta concern can change). Personally I’d probably pass myself, but someone will bite. Boston, for instance- I don’t see them winning a cup with their current roster. If you can manage to make Hall work that prognosis instantly changes. That said, dude looks like a worser Kessel currently, so the point is taken that his current play matters.

Just quoting you because I can't like it twice.

We'll said, my good chum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->