Confirmed with Link: Buchnevich to Blues

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Now get a legit top-3 LHD, a middle-6 forward, and shoot Sanford into the moon.
Man, I keep going back and forth on which is a bigger issue-RD or LD.

I think RD is because Krug needs a partner and ideally you'd bump Scandella down to 3rd pair and have Bortuzzo/Mikkola as your extra(s).

Other part of me could see value in getting a LD to pair with Faulk.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Wake up and see this: This trade is pretty unarguable value wise. Not sure how much it moves the needle in the large scale, but they desparetely needed a trade like this.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
What a steal of a trade. I definitely didn't want Buch at the cost of our 1st, but this is a perfect cost. Nice work, Army.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Drury seems like he may be in over his head. This is the exact kind of trade the Blues needed a young, proven player with potential for more. Horrid trade for the NYR.

He's done pretty good so far shuffling things around for the Rags. Maybe this is a trade he had to make.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Good trade for value in the short term. That second round pick next year will be very valuable.

Would have preferred to keep the pick. Buchnevich will not be a difference maker.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You guys will LOVEEEEEEEE Buchy. He developed into a 60 foot player, not a great fighter but will step the hell up for his team. Seriously wish we let Kreider go and signed Buch. But we didn’t know we’d win the lotto for Laf otherwise Kreids would’ve wound up leaving, but that’s the biz

congrats you’ll love him.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Blais, he seems to have a tad of a scoring touch for a bottom 6. Can he be solid on the 3rd line, or just a 4th liner?
My favorite Blais moment was in Game 6 vs Dallas moments after Steen scored when Bishop was felled by a Parayko point shot. Maybe a minute later, Blais got a pass on a clear breakaway. He crossed the blue line and then took a slapshot that made Bishop flinch, and scored. The game had been intense and loud and suddenly got really quiet (in Dallas).

Blais has more offensive ability and very good hockey sense. But he’s a guy who completely rebuilt his game into an energy line player with unexpected skill and smarts, with a big focus on physicality, to carve out an NHL career. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t secure a starting role on the 4th line, but he’s also a guy that can slide up and keep a scoring line functional.

He isn’t a dirty player. I’ve never seen him do anything to intentionally try to cause injury. But he’ll extract a physical toll when given the chance. His best quality is his hockey sense, in my opinion.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You guys are going to love the addition of Buchnevich.

Very solid 200 ft player. Plays the PK.

My one gripe is that he may look to pass more often than he should, but thats a small issue.

I am legit curious as to the type of player Sammy Blais is?

Obviously a bottom six guy, but what are we getting from tnat player?

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

My one gripe is that he may look to pass more often than he should, but thats a small issue.

Hits anything in sight. Good hands. Doesn’t seem to have great hockey sense.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

Fast, heat seeking torpedo, who can pop in a goal every now and then.

Reactions: pld459666

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis

If he’d stay healthy and played 3rd line minutes, he could be a 15-20 goal, 35-40 point, 175-200 hit guy.

Seems every time he hits stride he gets hurt.

Has skill, can make plays, good on boards, has good shot, knows how to finish. Potential is there.

I think here he felt he had to be a hit man to make the Blues, despite his good numbers in AHL. The offensive instincts are there . Maybe if he tones down the hitting and Rangers just allow him to play he might stay healthy and hit potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: pld459666

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Wake up and see this: This trade is pretty unarguable value wise. Not sure how much it moves the needle in the large scale, but they desparetely needed a trade like this.

It gives us another legitimate threat on offense at least. Maybe it isn't enough, but it puts us in the range of having guys worth building around.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I am a really happy camper right now. The on ice performance speaks for itself, but I love hearing what a goofball Buch is and how he collects magnets (lolwut?).

If we can keep the AAV under $6 mill I'll be over the moon!
We're probably looking at an average of $6.2-6.4. But, I could live with anything $6.5 or under.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Congratulations, you robbed Drury blind.

Buchnevich is likely a 60-70 point 2-way beast who's amazing at killing penalties. He plays with a snarl and he's a fun, goofy guy, you're going to love him.

I'm devastated... I'd rather payed 1st+++++++++++++++++++ to dump Kreiser somewhere than lose Buch.

I think you can re-sign him for $6-6.5M long term. I hope he does well for you guys.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Love this trade!

I wish nothing but the best for Blais, though; he was a hell of a good player for us, and for a sixth round pick, he's had a fantastic career thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad