Confirmed with Link: Buchnevich to Blues

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
How are you guys enjoying Buch so far? Blais has been balling for the Rangers and I am starting to think hat this may be a good move for both teams (Blais really brings something we lacked). Hope you guys love Buch as much as we did.

sammy is a fine bottom 6 player, but he is nowhere near the caliber of player that Buch is. We have literally a half dozen Sammy Blais in our system.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
How are you guys enjoying Buch so far? Blais has been balling for the Rangers and I am starting to think hat this may be a good move for both teams (Blais really brings something we lacked). Hope you guys love Buch as much as we did.
It's a perfect trade in that Buchnevich gives our offense a needed boost. Blais is good bottom 6 who adds to NYR's goal of being a more physical team.

However we're stuck waiting until Saturday to really start enjoying the trade
work-cookie-monster.gif

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hey guys, haven’t caught any Blues games yet but was interested to hear whether Buchnevich had been playing mostly on the right wing so far? Suspension aside, how has he looked?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Hey guys, haven’t caught any Blues games yet but was interested to hear whether Buchnevich had been playing mostly on the right wing so far? Suspension aside, how has he looked?
Kyrou - Buch has found chemistry. They clicked right away. Kyrou will produce his best season. I assume it will be ~ 65points so Buch will scoring a lot of. Leathal duo.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
sammy is a fine bottom 6 player, but he is nowhere near the caliber of player that Buch is. We have literally a half dozen Sammy Blais in our system.

Sure, Buch is a higher end offensive player but I find it funny that a Rangers fan dare say that the trade is win win and the response is defensive because God forbid you guys didn't rob us blind.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sure, Buch is a higher end offensive player but I find it funny that a Rangers fan dare say that the trade is win win and the response is defensive because God forbid you guys didn't rob us blind.
I mean, we did still rob you. A couple assists from Blais doesn’t change anything. We all know what he is.

If you don’t want to read a Blues fan’s comments on the trade then don’t come to this board lol. Nobody is forcing you.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Sorry, but it was a heist.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I mean, we did still rob you. A couple assists from Blais doesn’t change anything. We all know what he is.

If you don’t want to read a Blues fan’s comments on the trade then don’t come to this board lol. Nobody is forcing you.
Two assists and five minor penalties in four games. He’s had a couple of nice highlights, but he’s more likely to continue to take penalties and have his scoring dry up than the other way around.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I haven;t been paying attention to the hockey news for the last few days (I've been too busy posting on wrong threads!) :oops:. How many games was Buchnevich's suspension? Will he play tonight vs. The Kings?

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I haven;t been paying attention to the hockey news for the last few days. How many games was Buchnevich's suspension? Will he play tonight vs. The Kings?
two games
he'll be out after tonight's game

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, I'm glad to hear he's still nasty. :laugh:

I was reading some of the above comments because somebody liked an old post of mine, and I really hope this doesn't turn into a thing. I wish nothing but success for Buch.

I love Sammy Blais. I can't shut up about it. I tell random people waiting for the train that I love Sammy Blais. I'm considering going door to door.

If everyone's happy, then not every trade has to be a contest over who "won."

I hope I stay happy and I sincerely hope y'all end up happy, and that's that.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

I was reading some of the above comments because somebody liked an old post of mine, and I really hope this doesn't turn into a thing. I wish nothing but success for Buch.

I love Sammy Blais. I can't shut up about it. I tell random people waiting for the train that I love Sammy Blais. I'm considering going door to door.

There's a Jeremy Rutherford article from a couple years ago on The Athletic that tells the story of when he was drafted. If you're a fan, its worth the effort to track it down.

Reactions: Machinehead

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

That it true, though many people will always look towards the numbers to prove a point whether or not the team won the trade. Everyone here loved Blais because he plays a hard game and has some budding offensive potential. I've been watching him since he was drafted and his progression has been one that is really impressive. I don't know if he will ever score 40 points, but he will be a fan favorite even with some of the penalties he takes. If the Rangers win and Blais is part of that team, then no one will care about the trade between Buch and Blais.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad