Boston Bruins B's Recall Karson Kuhlman from Providence

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
so for all you pbruins season ticket holders... did he play much with frederic?.. did their seem to be any chemistry? while i feel frederic isnt ready, he has actually been noticeable the last few games.. feel like a nordy-frederic-kuhlman could be a viable 4th line option?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he's pretty impressive, especially for a guy they got for free. i think he's a lock for the team next year,
based on how he's played this year. wheels, details, enough skill to maybe play 3rd line eventually,
and a great kid. would've liked to see senyshyn get a look, but hard to argue with kuhlman.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Another college player? Yipeeeee! I wish him luck.
Yeah, you think they would have learned that you can’t win with NCAA guys. I mean look at that last Pens Stanley Cup team. They only had Kessel, Guentzel, Rust, Sheahan, Sheary, Bonino, Cullen, Rowney, Wilson, Kunitz, Schultz, Dumolin, Cole, Hagelin and Oleksy as NCAA guys. Did I miss anyone?

How about last year. Five best players on that Caps team were two Russians and a Swede who developed overseas, an NCAA American and an American who spent two years in the USHL and then one in the OHL.

The world is a changing. Try to keep up.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, you think they would have learned that you can’t win with NCAA guys. I mean look at that last Pens Stanley Cup team. They only had Kessel, Guentzel, Rust, Sheahan, Sheary, Bonino, Cullen, Rowney, Wilson, Kunitz, Schultz, Dumolin, Cole, Hagelin and Oleksy as NCAA guys. Did I miss anyone?

How about last year. Five best players on that Caps team were two Russians and a Swede who developed overseas, an NCAA American and an American who spent two years in the USHL and then one in the OHL.

Was my post negative? Try to keep up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
With Kuhlman's debute, the Bruins must be up there in terms of signing and developing the most NCAA free agents and having them appear in the NHL.

Krug, Miller, Kuhlman, Acciari, Vatrano, Clifton. Czarnik. That's 7 guys, I might be forgetting some.

Reactions: Blowfish

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
really??

from what I saw in pre season ... he looked no quicker than Acciari

I also heard on several occasions Kuhlman is a very fast skater..Personally I've been waiting all season for this guy to get his call..He's a little older than most of our call ups as he's 23 so I would love to see him play right away..

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
maybe his decision making is at a high level now

all in all, would like to see him get in a game or two. Sit Nordstrom or Backes

Rocketdan, maybe it's best not to mess with the 4th line but what would you think of sitting Acciari, Moving Frederic or one of the other 3rd line guys down to 4th line.

Nordtrom-Kuhlman-Backes
Wagner-Kuraly-Frederic.

That's IF Frederic can play wing, if not switch with Kuraly or just move Backes or Nords..I do think Acciari has been a positive physical presense of late, maybe playing his best hockey of the season, so maybe it's an unpopular choice BUT I've been waiting all season for Kuhlman to get his call up..I firmly believe he's a keeper and if he's given a decent opportunity, he wont see Providence anymore this season. Over optimistic?? I generally dont be on majority of call ups but I have loved his game since preseason. He's 23 years old, same as Pastrnak{I think} and this kid is rearing to strut his stuff!!

Reactions: Strafer

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Skating isnt an issue
Good test for him even if he doesn't play

With all due respect to your opinion sir but honestly I dont see the purpose in bringing him up just to watch the Bruins as a spectator. All the while, he'll be missing out on the weekend games for Providence. Yes, I guess it would be a nice change for him to practice with the team, but he did all that this past fall. If they're gonna call him up, I really do believe it would be more of a letdown if he see no action at all.

As I posted earlier, I've been waiting since October to see this kid play after seeing him in preseason and honestly believe he's a keeper and may very well be the best we have in Providence. Cheers and as always GO BRUINS!!!

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006

Makes up for the first 100 years of 99% Canadian players

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad