Boston Bruins B's Recall Karson Kuhlman from Providence

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I can see some Kuraly.... He definitely has the speed game like Kuraly; may be faster. Good defensively, doesn't seem like a big hitter, but he'll take the body.

Not sure I understand this portion. Joonas Koppanen in Providence?

Leaf dude that looked real good against bruins in playoffs last year. spelling? Lol I wasn’t very clear.

Btw I love Kuraly s game. He’s so close to scoring more goals. Deserves better results.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Leaf dude that looked real good against bruins in playoffs last year. spelling? Lol I wasn’t very clear.

Btw I love Kuraly s game. He’s so close to scoring more goals. Deserves better results.

Kasperi Kapanen.... Not sure Kuhlman has the offensive upside to become a Kapanen-like player. They do have the "Double K" thing going on though haha

Karson Kuhlman
Kasperi Kapanen

Reactions: Blowfish

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can see some Kuraly.... He definitely has the speed game like Kuraly; may be faster. Good defensively, doesn't seem like a big hitter, but he'll take the body.

Not sure I understand this portion. Joonas Koppanen in Providence?

I was assuming he meant Sami Kapanen but idk

Much prefer Sami to Joonna lol

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Won't amount to anything.

Not sure about this... and still have to see how his game looks in 5 games or so

But right now he still has much work to do

Lost a few battles along the boards. In general 2nd line didnt look as dangerous last night

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Is kuhlman fast? Kapanen is really fast, like one the fastest players in the league fast

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Does anyone know if he had his parents in San Jose last night? I sure hope he had some family in the stands to see his first goal. A very special moment.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Heinen has been real good. He takes some pressure off Don and he shouldn't be included in any trade scenario unless a trade and sign. At this stage any rental has to exclude Heinen and Debrusk.

Kuhlman thread so I don't want to derail too much more. Heinen showing that when he plays with good players, he will produce. This is why the Bruins need to add some legit talent to their 3rd line. No one is going to produce with Backes/Nordstrom. Get a 3rd line center with some talent and slot down Heinen with him and you have 2/3 of a good 3rd line. Cehlarik would fit with them (potentially) if he's not included for the either of the Bruins major needs. I am of the mindset that the Bruins need to rebuild their 3rd line completely + T6RW. It's doable.... We saw it done back in 2011; Kelly + Peverley. Bruins can do it another way with in-house pieces, I believe. Heinen + Cehlarik + 3LC would work. Maybe the Bruins find a cheap wing option that could fit there as well (Not a Stempniak lol).

Reactions: Blowfish

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
kulman has a few pluses that make me hopeful... hes been captain of winning teams at lower levels... that's always a plus

hes able to win mvp of tournaments despite not being an offensive wizard... this screams heart and attention to defense. those are things we want on our bottom 6

hes smallish but no talk about being timid. I don't need him to be a big bruising heavy hitter. just need guys that don't avoid puck battle

im now hoping he has enough offense to be a 3rd liner... but even if he doesn't, I like his profile enough to pencil him on the 4th line next year.

kuraly is showing me enough that im ok penciling him for a 3rd line role. kuhlman/wagner as 2 fairly good skating energy guys on the 4th line is quite a good start. they might be able to carry a guy like federic/karlsson as we break in one of those guys to full time nhl service.

kuraly/Nordstrom moving to 3rd line roles might seem like an offensive blackhole so I guess we should be looking to get them help. maybe donato will grab a spot here or Bjork... certainly those guys bring offensive if they are doing their job.

we got quite a few interesting choices for the bottom 6 now... and kulman can simply add to it if he pans out... so far the results have looked good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad