Boston Bruins B's Recall Karson Kuhlman from Providence

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
old old clip of him bursting from his own end to score a nice goal.... dark uniform #14

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd rather sit Nordstrom. He may do the little things but he is replaceable if not in a 4th line role.

Well on a line with Frederic and Backes he is in a 4th line role as that is clearly the 4th line on the current team, both in ability and TOI.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
He reminds me of Noel Acciari minus the over top physicality but with better hands

Not a fast skater, nor too big. But has a niice motor and plays smart hockey
Funny, but airier 1990 above said he’s a fast skater and compared him to Senyshyn. Maybe you’ve seen more of him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What stands out about Kuhlman is his +22.... 2nd best is Clifton with +11

Kuhlman is 6th in the league in + -

nice to see

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Funny, but airier 1990 above said he’s a fast skater and compared him to Senyshyn. Maybe you’ve seen more of him.

No, those guys are right

I was keeping an eye on him during pre season and a few games early in the AHL season

most likely he was adjusting to the pace

though curious about his East-West .... tight quarter skating.... maybe those guys can chime in

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
True I mean in role however. The Bruins have two 4th lines currently and need to elevate one to a 3rd line.

I have no idea what the bolded part means.

How is the role Nordstrom-Frederic-Backes playing any different than Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I have no idea what the bolded part means.

How is the role Nordstrom-Frederic-Backes playing any different than Kuraly-Acciari-Wagner?

They aren't. They are both playing a 4th line grinding shift with no chance of scoring. One such line is good. Two is not.

The Kuraly line needs to be our only 4th line. Upgrading on players like Nordstrom (and Frederic, and Backes) turns our 2nd 4th line into a 3rd line.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Yeah I hope he can squeeze in at least one game for Backes specifically.

Not sure if Bruce roles with Frederic and him on the same line though.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Right call.

Stempniak is likely twice as good as Backes and not nearly as slow. I want him signed. Backes is damn near useless. Can't imagine both playing. I also think its about that time to glue Backes to the press box and maybe see if he wants to make up some phantom injury. He needs to know he will not see the ice next year so hes open to waiving the NMC in July when he isn't owed that much.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
The right move. Better than the Stempniak band-aid Butch was mentioning as a possibility. Let the kids play.
I usually prefer vets to be honest but I love that this kid is getting a chance. Watched him quite a bit this year, just an honest two way player. He has NHL wheels and edges and I think he will be able to see the game at an NHL level. I have no idea how long it will take him to figure out this level but he will be an 82 game NHL player at some point. Good luck kid!

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If Kuhlman plays well, should Acciari be worried? That's the guy in the lineup that would be the easiest to replace. All Kuhlman has to do is show he belongs and produce a little more.
I think Acciari will be allowed to play out the string and Kuhlman will be sent back down
But Bruce could fall in love with his speed and attention to detail

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad