Confirmed with Link: Bryan Murray Diagnosed with Cancer

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I wish the best for Bryan Murray and his family. It's even more heartbreaking when you take into the account the stress the man has obviously gone through these past few weeks - this news doesn't help.

This off-season has been pretty hard on Sens fans and the organization as a whole...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
"Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it all
You just might get it all and then some you don't want"

Chris Daughtry

I hope people learn a lesson from this and stop being so hard on athletes, management, coaching staff, etc. They are people like you and me doing a job in the spotlight (why it pays a lot more). Yes, we can criticize them and ask them to be better, but there must be a limit.

What is to be expected now, is that people will think twice before bashing Murray, knowing that he has a cancer. But it should have been before, people don't understand how the world is like a big energy vibe. Well, this man will change how things go in this fanbase. This event will put things into perspective.

But seriously, I hope he steps aside now and only take care of his health. NHL GM is way too much stress and pressure. His fingerprint will be with this team for the next 10 years at least so he will deserve a lot of credit if we are able to win something

My dream would be that Melnyk goes out and spend to try and get Murray a Cup, but not sure how realistic it is now, even if he wanted.

Murray dream is probably to win the Cup, and what a great story it would be if he could win one. Hopefully, they keep him in management, even if he has nothing but just being there.

My grandma passed away on Friday from liver cancer. Get better Bryan, we're all pulling for you!

My condolences. My mother died last year after fighting 4 different cancers in 2 years. The last one was spinal cord cancer, which is not giving you much of a chance

Stay strong people, nothing is harder than see your mother die in your arms.

Last edited:

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
Terrible news.

Hopefully he can fight through it and recover. My thoughts are with him and I wish him and his family all the best.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Just curious if anyone has heard what kind of cancer. Not really sure what to think without a more specific diagnosis.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
"Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it all
You just might get it all and then some you don't want"

Chris Daughtry

I hope people learn a lesson from this and stop being so hard on athletes, management, coaching staff, etc. They are people like you and me doing a job in the spotlight (why it pays a lot more). Yes, we can criticize them and ask them to be better, but there must be a limit.

What is to be expected now, is that people will think twice before bashing Murray, knowing that he has a cancer. But it should have been before, people don't understand how the world is like a big energy vibe. Well, this man will change how things go in this fanbase. This event will put things into perspective.

But seriously, I hope he steps aside now and only take care of his health. NHL GM is way too much stress and pressure. His fingerprint will be with this team for the next 10 years so he will deserve a lot of credit if we are able to win something

My dream would be that Melnyk goes out and spend to try and get Murray a Cup, but not sure how realistic it is now, even if he wanted.

Murray dream is probably to win the Cup, and what a great story it would be if he could win one. Hopefully, they keep in management, even if he has nothing but just being there.

My condolences. My mother died last year after fighting 4 different cancers in 2 years. The last one was spinal cord cancer, which is not giving you much of a chance

Stay strong people, nothing is harder than see your mother die in your arms.

It's sports/entertainment. People will always have opinions and should be allowed to voice them, unless they're truly sickening. Bashing players or management for doing a poor job is not even close to the same thing as wishing they be stricken with cancer.

This is just very depressing news. Let's hope he pulls through. Sorry about your mother too. I can't even imagine having to experience something like that. It's all very sad

Last edited:

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
I wish him nothing but the best, but it doesn't change my opinion of his management over the past few years.

Get well BMurr.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's sports/entertainment. People will always have opinions and should be allowed to voice them, unless they're truly sickening. Bashing players or management for doing a poor job is not even close to the same thing as wishing they be stricken with cancer.

This is just very depressing news. Let's hope he pulls through

Like I said, there must be a limit. Many times I think people go too far in their bashing. But maybe that's just me. I'll stand by that.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
This is terrible news but hopefully it's treatable.

I'm sure he's more beloved in the hockey community than he is around here.

Thoughts and prayers to the Murray family.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm all for this too.

Perhaps something with a ribbon incorporated into the design.
We should also come up with a slogan of solidarity.

Agreed, good idea.

Last edited:

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
i know all too much the stress this can cause having lost my father to this. Don't worry bout the Sens Bryan just look after yourself and know we the Sens faithful have you in our thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad