Confirmed with Link: Bryan Murray Diagnosed with Cancer

The Fuhr*

A poster sent me a pm a few days ago with this info.

Sucks... Hope he gets better... Cancer is brutal, my grandma has it

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
My thoughts and prayers go out to Bryan Murray and his entire family. Such horrible news.

Kick cancer's butt Bryan!!!

JoeSakic

Aug 15, 2006
All the best to you Bryan. Cancer is a vicious beast that has taken family and friends away from me. Do me a favour Bryan and kick its ass!

Get well and come back soon.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Why do all the good people in this world get all the bad in there lives. :shakehead

My deepest condolences go out to Bryan Murray and the Murray Family.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
he's so passionate about hockey, get well soon sir

iKIln3Z4pZpr5.gif

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He's definitely one of the GMs that gets right into the games. Most just sit there with a slightly pleased look, or displeased look.
So true. Hope we can get back to this...
0.gif

...sooner than later.

Someone in the Murray thread proposed Murray avatars. In light of this, I wholeheartedly endorse the idea.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
So true. Hope we can get back to this...
0.gif

...sooner than later.

Someone in the Murray thread proposed Murray avatars. In light of this, I wholeheartedly endorse the idea.

I'm all for this too.

Perhaps something with a ribbon incorporated into the design.
We should also come up with a slogan of solidarity.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
There were signs something was wrong in the last few months/year, he kept clearing his throat every time he spoke on tv, radio and media scrums. It could have been a bit of congestion caused by allergies or a cold but it seemed to last too long. There was a dramatic change recently in his facial features he looked thin and pale but the skin was loose like it happened fairly fast. Lets hope it's something contained that is being treated aggressively and he makes a full recovery. Someone very near and dear to me underwent surgery, was treated and beat 2 different types of cancers within a 5-6 year period and has been clear for the last 13+ years. Cancer is dreadful but can be beaten. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Murray family.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
He seems like a truly great guy from everything I heard, very sad to hear. It does bring back memories of Roger Neilson and what he went through, hopefully Bryan will have a better result.

Favorite Murray moment? Him defending our team after Jim Fox was tearing them down on a broadcast and confronted him in the hallway about it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope he recovers as soon as possible and assumes his post with your organization.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
I am a huge, huge hockey fan. But truly, hockey doesn't really matter. It's sad that it takes things like this to put it into perspective.

To think this guy dealt with the Spezza fiasco and worked the draft, all while dealing with real life.

Very sad news.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Players and other organizations are very fond of him. I knew he was a very kind man the first time I heard a press conference from him. My best wishes to him.

He has the best resources available to him, so there is something a little positive.

I volunteer at St.Vincent Hospital often, so I have the pleasure of entertaining and chatting with several patients with cancer.
Cancer patients really do need some stress relief, especially at Bryan's age.

Last edited:

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Why do all the good people in this world get all the bad in there lives. :shakehead

Cancer is a non-discriminating entity. Bryan is 71 years old, this is part of our modern life. We, as a society are living past our biological viability due to medical science. Its a problem that's been mostly created out of solutions to other issues. Look at how many people in this thread have loved ones currently battling some form of cancer. Its something that will affect us all in our lives. Chances are everyone from younger generations who live to Bryan's age will at some point get cancer and if they don't an immediate family member will. Bryan seems to be in very good health aside from the cancer for his age. He's probably in very good hands and was seen at some of the development camp, so I remain very positive about his long term outlook.

For everyone who do have loved ones with the disease, there's lots you can do to help them. Often its just spending time with them after treatments or during them if they need company. Driving and accompanying them to appointments. Most importantly, respecting their wishes if they decide to forego treatments and just enjoy the last part of their lives. Don't limit your support to just tweeting and writing a few nice words on a message board! Get out there and help the countless people who just need someone in their lives to help them get to the end of a painful day! Gonna go visit my Grandmother before work today, who just finished her last round of chemo with a great chance of beating lymphoma (she already survived lung cancer about 10 years ago).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad